1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 24 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 35 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 18 hours, 24 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 15 hours, 35 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    The issue is with SE being upset with players for utilizing their crafting system to make better gear than their sub-optimal stuffs instead of playing the game they expected.

To note I would think this would be what crafting is meant for.
    Exactly they could have easily left out main stat materia and non of this would have ever happened, but they added it and players used it.
    That they're upset that a select few groups of extremely skilled/coordinated people were able to beat SCoB and FCoB in penta-melded 90s and 110s week one is still pretty laughable. Just the sheer cost in time/effort/money spent on the gear and Potent Poison Potions, stat X-Potions, etc. is commendable for being just enough to break the expected DPS or whatever for each Turn. If they're just as upset about hybrid accessories on tanks then too fucking bad, make something better out of the dropped Fending accessories or make hybridizing not-optimal.

Although if they did the latter, at that point I would probably just quit tanking instead of being forced to shit it up in full VIT. Or maybe i'd just quit in general, because positional melee combos are terrible.

I assume Clemency has some kind of special -interrupt quality to it?

Cause casting Stoneskin on PLD was always a crapshoot really.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Certainly feels like it. Which is nice given the massive MP cost.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Is it a skill (as opposed to a spell)? I'd assume skills can't be interrupted. Not that we have a lot of examples of skills with cast times, but I would assume BRDs using Wanderer's Minuet (probably??) can't get interrupted either.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Nah it's a full on spell. Songs I think can be interrupted too, they are also spells.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    The issue is with SE being upset with players for utilizing their crafting system to make better gear than their sub-optimal stuffs instead of playing the game they expected.

To note I would think this would be what crafting is meant for.
    I think its less to do with crafting freedom itself and more about what the ingenious results of that freedom have done for SE: given them far more work to do in balancing raid content around said geniuses. You've seen that reality with them constantly giving props to those raiders and mentioning them constantly when it comes to the new hardmodes.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

So I'm still living in an era where full str builds only existed of you were doing T5 pre-nerf. I'm assuming attributes should be full str and then compensate with hq accessories?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Clemency definitely does not have -interrupt attached. I have been interrupted numerous times from stronger mobs or large crowds casting it.

But it's got to have some amount, otherwise I really can't see it being useful at all in difficult fights.

If it gets interrupted at the same rate as SS it's not going to be terribly functional to us as MT.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    But it's got to have some amount, otherwise I really can't see it being useful at all in difficult fights.

If it gets interrupted at the same rate as SS it's not going to be terribly functional to us as MT.
    Let's be honest: if they wanted it to be fully functional being used by the MT it wouldn't have a 3 second cast.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

It has some sort of - interrupt. SS still gets interrupted often while clemency is seldom.

They should really just let up block while casting like FFXI.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I've hit some 6300+ Clemency at 59 with conv up, I can't imagine the upper limit to this later. Thats a pretty big cure.

And I'll second the clemency - interrupt. I've yet to be interrupted to tell the truth, even with 4+ mob pulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post

They should really just let up block while casting like FFXI.
    Yes, Please

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

So let's talk Stat Weights. I'm going to go with a waaaay out there guess and go Crit > SS > Det. Crit is king because it affects everything and its own potency. Clemency can crit. Each component of Sword Oath can crit. Crits everywhere. SS is next because maybe with just enough SS you could maintain Str Down in Rage > Goring > Royal while still getting the full combo, and extra ticks out of Goring can't be bad. Det no longer affects autos which hurts Sword Oath, but it's still good for Clemency and ability damage both, so it's not abhorrent, but okay rather than a YES stat. Thoughts?

Why do you think DET no longer affects autos

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

DET still affects auto-attacks, you just need more of it.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Oooh, is that so? I heard it didn't anymore. I suppose it just requires a lot more to affect autos than abilities? Does the point still stand?

I think it would be better to think about it in terms of (and this is made up): DET > Crit > SS until Crit > X then Crit > DET > SS

We know that DET is going to be a worse stat than before, comparatively. We also know that Crit will scale your Crit Rate and Damage. At some point, the bonus from Crit Rate and Crit Damage will overtake the bonus from DET. Where SS fits in, I don't know, but personally I feel it was purely done to balance SCH/WHM and BLM/SMN gear sets.

I like how people are so quick to write off DET as undesirable when literally no one has done anything to measure how much its effect has been lowered for auto-attacks (and that's the only thing its effect was lowered for).

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cage Rancor
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

DET is still effectively your "base" (w/ STR obviously). You're gonna need X amount of DET to hit so hard, crit at that point just modifies your base. Waiting for Dervy DRG testing to see how DET stacks up in 3.0 but as Niiro said, they only lowered the auto attack effect, still need DET as your base modifier on Weapon skills. Realistically, its importance didn't change at all.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Having just got the Hive Scutum, I'm not sure how I feel about Towers over Kites. My Scutum only does 3% more block than my Asuran Greatshield, and wasn't it found that passively, Kite Shields are just better?

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 63 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast