1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 38 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 21 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 11 hours, 38 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 22 hours, 21 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 57 of 63 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by AlastorTGN View Post
    What's with all the love then? I hear people saying 'If X and Y happen, and both healers are dead it can prevent a wipe!" or something.

Its Garbage for raiding, Dungeons etc.

Its useful for soloing HW A ranks and stuff like that or when playing with complete shit players.

The advocates don't understand game mechanics, play with others that don't understand game mechanics or just like the skill because its pretty.

I'm not sure I see the love you mention lol

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    I'm not sure I see the love you mention lol

Post on Reddit and I'm sure the OF.

I stopped bothering to respond.

Not just reddit, had people in one of my linkshells talk about Clemency like an actual boon.

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by AlastorTGN View Post
    Not just reddit, had people in one of my linkshells talk about Clemency like an actual boon.
    It's really situational, it has it's uses on really early progression, but after that it kinda becomes obsolete when your gear increases and healers are more readily able to stay on top of the heals, good example would be early progression brute justice super jump into flamethrower at last phase.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Clemency's primary job is to support healing inbetween mechanics. The moments when the boss stops for a second or two and everyone is idling, thats when you should drop a quick clemency. Basically whenever you are physically restricted from attacking its a good idea to drop a clemency or two to top party members out, makes the healers jobs just a little bit easier and I am fairly certain it will generate a tiny bit of emnity still. Not sure on that part though.

Really though, Clemency is primarily a PvP skill, it really shines there. I spam the shit out of clemency in pvp and it really can make or break engagements.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Clemency is fantastic for the same kind of people who think that Greater Blessing of Kings in WoW: Legion should absolutely go on the tank and Blessing of Wisdom should go on the healer, instead of using three Blessings of Might.

For context, Blessing of Kings gives the target an absorb every 5 seconds for roughly less than 1% of a tank's HP (my tank has like. 2.5 million HP and it's a 40k HP absorb for me), Wisdom gives you 1% MP and HP back every 15 seconds (so uh, 0.0667~% per second lol), and Might gives you 10% chance to do an additional 30% damage on each attack (or roughly a 3% damage increase). You only get 3 of these blessings per paladin, and they can be handed out as you please in any combo (so say, 3 mights, 2 wisdom + 1 kings, 1 kings 1 wisdom 1 might, or some mix of the three are all possible).

By all practical standards it should be incredibly obvious which blessing is actually worthwhile, yet people see "less damage to the tank/more resources to the healer" and get immediately blinded by the fact that the values are really really small. Clemency has the same issue in that people just see OMFG BIG HEAL FROM TANK!!! and kind of fail to factor in the cast time, the fact it drops combos, the fact it eats a tank GCD, the fact it can be interrupted by boss autos, that we can't block while using it, and other factors that make Clemency a shit skill. All of those cons are irrelevant if you're being totally blindsided by OMG GUYS TANK HEAL.

Also people probably remember the one time that Clemency let a tank solo the last 10% of a boss or something and think that a shitty skill being good once in like hundreds of dungeons = omfg best skill. These are the same people who probably think using Stoneskin on a PLD every single pull on every single party member is hot shit.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post
    Clemency's primary job is to support healing inbetween mechanics. The moments when the boss stops for a second or two and everyone is idling, thats when you should drop a quick clemency. Basically whenever you are physically restricted from attacking its a good idea to drop a clemency or two to top party members out, makes the healers jobs just a little bit easier and I am fairly certain it will generate a tiny bit of emnity still. Not sure on that part though.

Really though, Clemency is primarily a PvP skill, it really shines there. I spam the shit out of clemency in pvp and it really can make or break engagements.
    If you have time to Clemency someone else who actually needs healing during dead time, your healer is bad. If it works as a PvP skill it should be a PvP skill, same as Featherfoot (does that even work in PvP?), One Ilm Punch or Haymaker. Trying to justify its existence by saying "it's good in PvP!" is retarded. They should not be wasting global actions on PvP-only abilities.

It's a shit skill, and goes from shitty to insulting when you compare it to Equilibrium.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

I'd rather blow MP I don't need in dead time than a healer waste whatever MP value it is for the cure, stoneskin or whatever on someone who is low. It's not like my DPS is going to suffer if my MP pool isn't full.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

fairies don't have MP tho

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Nor does any healer for all intents and purposes.

Clemency's primary job is for the PLD to self-activate divine veil #Kappa

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Nor does any healer for all intents and purposes.
    that's what i said

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    that's what i said

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

PLD Opener, I've been working through this since Wednesday.

looks like Goring > Goring > RA > RA > Goring is the best opener. (your WAR pulls right )

Fast > Spirits(B) > Riot > Goring > Pot > Fast > FoF > Riot > CoS/Spirits(A) > Goring > Fast > Savage > Royal > Fast > Savage > Royal > Fast > Spirits(B) > Riot > CoS > Goring

That's the best opener I could come up with.

I added 2 spots for Spirits since you can only use it once per FoF. The fight will dictate if its best to have max usage or max buffed.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Do you even get a third tick of Goring if you reapply it two combos in a row? I always just did RA > (Pot before Riot, delayed FoF before Goring) Goring > RA > RA > RA > Goring. You get two full duration Gorings under the FoF if you let the first one fall off instead of clipping it and let the second one fall off before reapplying too. I never actually mathed it out but it was the opener that made the most sense in my head.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    Do you even get a third tick of Goring if you reapply it two combos in a row? I always just did RA > (Pot before Riot, delayed FoF before Goring) Goring > RA > RA > RA > Goring. You get two full duration Gorings under the FoF if you let the first one fall off instead of clipping it and let the second one fall off before reapplying too. I never actually mathed it out but it was the opener that made the most sense in my head.

You only need 2 tics, which is why letting it fall is never good. A third is possible however, making it even better for the opener (and worse for ever letting it fall)

150+200+350 = 700

150+230+240+2 tics at 50 = 720

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Oh I'm dumb, I forgot Riot was higher than Savage Blade LOL.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

What's with all the PLD hate since I've been back? I came back a couple of months ago and been in the process of regearing. I was 262 yesterday and doing 11-12 min runs in Gubal(Hard) just fine farming lore for relic. Got relic to 260 this morning(now 265 average item level) and did my Sohm Al (Hard) run for the quest with a random group in 15 minutes. I've had no problem running dungeons at pretty optimal speeds since I've been back, I was holding hate against 270+ weapon ilvl DPS in dungeons just fine on bosses while in Sword Oath spamming Goring Blade/Royal Authority combos with only a couple RoH combos at the beginning to give me a boost with just a 230 sword just fine.

I'm not trying to bash WAR or DRK, but since I've been back PLD seems to hold up just fine as far as I can see.

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

It's inferior to WAR in every way and people hate it in dungeons because the lack of AoE makes everything slower. It's the worst tank of the three for dungeons by a wide margin and it's not much better in raids.

If you're holding hate on bosses off people who outgear you in Sword Oath, those people are bad.

Closed Thread
Page 57 of 63 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast