1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 45 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 13 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 20 hours, 45 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: FC Airship General     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Thanks guys. I think I was just annoyed because we spent so bloody long HQing things. Good to hear about balsa scraps in sector 4. We're rank 5 and building another part for our ship but like everyone else I'm interested in the other schematics.

I'm really curious about the housing schematics. I'd like to be able to preview the skins like you can with the ship stuff. Is anyone working on those?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

We got balsa wood scraps in sector3 but not sector4

spider123

Unlocking new sectors is all RNG i'm assuming?

At Rank 3, I unlocked Sector 7 and it requires Rank 7 to explore it. That's a ton of XP to get there, lol.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Explore a new sector to unlock the next yeah. I'm speculating that you have to explore a certain area down the line to unlock more airships since it doesn't seem to be unlocking by level alone. Our boat hit 10 last night so we're exploring whatever area the 5th is.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Question regarding FC crafting in general rather than airship specific...

My FC splintered during the giant stagnant period before the expansion, so our member count is very low, most of whom couldn't give two shits about crafting at all. Do the levels/stats of the people completing each stage of the craft matter, or can I just grab literally anyone?

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Question regarding FC crafting in general rather than airship specific...

My FC splintered during the giant stagnant period before the expansion, so our member count is very low, most of whom couldn't give two shits about crafting at all. Do the levels/stats of the people completing each stage of the craft matter, or can I just grab literally anyone?
    any light party of crafters seem to work just fine.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Do you know if non-FC members can enter the basement? Would help if I didn't even have to use FC members at all...

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

They can enter. As long as non-FC people are allowed to enter the house at all.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Do you know if non-FC members can enter the basement? Would help if I didn't even have to use FC members at all...
    have not tried but pretty sure yes, it should be like a personal room that's open as long as your house is open.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Interesting... has anyone tried to do the multi-crafter step with non-FC members then?

It is a sad day when I'd have better luck getting non-FC members to help me.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You can have non-FC members in your group of 4 for the phase-progression steps

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Interesting... has anyone tried to do the multi-crafter step with non-FC members then?

It is a sad day when I'd have better luck getting non-FC members to help me.
    i have because it's the only way i can do it. my wife and i have our own free company so we were forced to gather people off the streets of mor dhona. fortunately it worked. now we just gotta figure out how to get the second through 4th airships registered.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I believe at this point it's gonna be locked behind a later area, which by default makes it level-locked. Current highest class of airship parts (Tatanora) is rank 45 so... lots of room to speculate where we get the 2nd-4th.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Ship hit rank 15 today, and opened up a 2 star area on the map.

Spoiler: show

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Another new area opened up for us today upon hitting rank 18:

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

^ What the fuuuuuu....

We got enough Empty Crystals today to unlock 2 of the 3 level 2 Wheel options ("Aetherial Wheel Protoype"). If you want to know which unlocks what actions, open an ALC housing craft list and it'll look like (this) to (this):

II: Confrontation (Heat of Battle II) - Company (Seal Sweetener II), plus Recreation (Jackpot II)
    IV: Nutriment - Pilgrimage

Based on this, I will assume III is Initiation - Dedication, and V, VI, VII are all upgraded versions (level 3 wheels) of the above in the logical order. For the FC crafting of the above all require 3 of a Deep Blue (Red/Blue/Green) Enchanted Ink, which is from some old master book under Master Recipes. This item is made from Deep (color) Crystal obtained from ventures. We got 10 of Deep Red the other day, and each recipe takes 3 ink so we have enough for one level 2 action. lol

While it's not important for level 2 actions since you can buy those from GC, it's important to know for level 3 to set a precedent.

Color to tier, with notable actions in tier
    Red: II, V (Heat of Battle, Mark Up, MGP)
    Blue: III, VI (Gath/Perc/Craft/Gather/Spiritbind)
    Green: IV, VII (Food, Weakness, Gear durability)

spider123

How are you guys leveling up the airship so quick? I started the day after EA, and it's only just hit 12.

I assume you have some of the Invincible parts on in order to get a lower return time, or maybe better results (getting a higher XP%)?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

We started like day 2 or 3 of EA, so maybe 2-3 days ahead of some and 1 behind some others.. We have full Invincible now, I think propeller was first on just for the reduced time. Play around with the order you assign 2-3 locations, always have the best EXP prioritized. Not much else to it. Our grades have been mostly B's and C's so not like it's a bonus thing I think.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

That's pretty much the same with us. Started on the ship very early, always built the speed+ parts first, went for max exp/lowest time, etc etc. We're full Invincible now, and working on making an Enterprise bladder currently.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Saw this posted earlier. People are saying it's the item needed for the Magnificent Mogdelier. Alas, it's in moonrunes

]

Edit: nvm it is. I found some other posts where others also got it. Seems like it can come from multiple areas though, so that's a plus.