1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 55 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 22 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 11 hours, 55 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: FC Airship General     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Airship rank caps at 50, according to Reddit

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Recently just started airships and on the 3rd/4th voyage. Any 'optimal' zones to farm or if I should be sending out the Invincible? Keep getting mats for the airship but that's all so far.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Saeris Illyan
    FFXIV Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    Recently just started airships and on the 3rd/4th voyage. Any 'optimal' zones to farm or if I should be sending out the Invincible? Keep getting mats for the airship but that's all so far.
    You want to level up the ship asap so you can get to all important zones.
    This map shows which sector unlocks what

It's never a 100% unlock, RNG (as always) is involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Saeris View Post
    You want to level up the ship asap so you can get to all important zones.
    This map shows which sector unlocks what

It's never a 100% unlock, RNG (as always) is involved.
    RNG can eat a bag of dicks. Been tryin to unlock s16 forever, and it hasnt lol tried every possible combination of trips around it, and it just wont budge. Think its gonna been three weeks straight that Ive been trying for it. My second ship, ranked up and discovered s9 while I been trying to discover s16.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

FUCK SECTOR 11 AND MY AIRSHIPS INABILITY TO USE IT TO FIND SECTOR 14

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    FUCK SECTOR 11 AND MY AIRSHIPS INABILITY TO USE IT TO FIND SECTOR 14
    Bro, you don't even know what it's like to still have 10 and 12 eluding multiple airshits (and everything else linked to them).

Main ship hit rank 50, still hasnt found s16. Fuck you very much, SE.

At this point, just gonna keep sending it to then higher sectors in hopes of dusk leather/anything else worthy of the time spent leveling it, and hope my second ship (now rank 35 :/) discovers s16.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Anyone have any info on the rank 3 buffs? How long do they take to make in the wheel? etc.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well shit that'll help plan for which one to spam easier to unlock. If anything will send for most xp + try to unlock o: thank you!

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Ward 2, plot 29 in the Mist on Siren server there's a medium Arms supplier wall skin up. The guy posted on xivdb and I went to check it out. There's also a small house next door which has the merchant skin, looks kinda cool.

Image posted by their FC is here http://xivdb.com/?media/6161/Medium-...plier%27s-Wall

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

They should really sit someone outside the house, take a screenshot, change the house, then take another screenshot after it changed 'cause honestly I have no idea what the difference is. I know you can dye your walls/roof, so I look at these houses and just assume it's a dye job.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    Ward 2, plot 29 in the Mist on Siren server there's a medium Arms supplier wall skin up. The guy posted on xivdb and I went to check it out. There's also a small house next door which has the merchant skin, looks kinda cool.

Image posted by their FC is here http://xivdb.com/?media/6161/Medium-...plier%27s-Wall
    Wow, that shit looks OP af. I wantz

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    They should really sit someone outside the house, take a screenshot, change the house, then take another screenshot after it changed 'cause honestly I have no idea what the difference is. I know you can dye your walls/roof, so I look at these houses and just assume it's a dye job.
    uh, if you cant tell how a normal house looks from a "skinned" house looks, you need to .. uh.. Git gud.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Luthia View Post
    uh, if you cant tell how a normal house looks from a "skinned" house looks, you need to .. uh.. Git gud.
    There's already several varieties of fence/roof/exterior combos, if you happen to know what they all look like, you need to ... uh... spend less time gallivanting about the housing area. From that picture, the fence looks like something I haven't seen before? Nothing else really screams ARMS SUPPLIER to me though. Now that I squint at it, I see a sword/shield over the door, woooo; it lined up so nicely with one of their cannon spires that I didn't even notice it at first. For the absolute FUCKTON of materials it takes to make those things, I expected something a little more easily identifiable. SWORDS hanging from the roof instead of those damn flags, SHIELDS for roof shingles, shit I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Luthia View Post
    He's not wrong; aside from a fancy fence, none of the houses really stand out. I'm mighty disappointed that you can't construct them piecemeal, because I don't want to dump 1600 materials on a fence.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Saeris Illyan
    FFXIV Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    Anyone have any info on the rank 3 buffs? How long do they take to make in the wheel? etc.
    In case you didn't read it yet, it takes 3 days for 1 Wheel.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

How are peoples' airships outfitted at Rank 50? Mine FINALLY brought back the materials to unlock the materials required for the Odyssey & Invincible II, despite already being R43 at this point. I took one look at the component requirements and balked. 21 for a single odyssey part? Geez.

How are peoples' airships outfitted at Rank 50? Mine FINALLY brought back the materials to unlock the materials required for the Odyssey & Invincible II, despite already being R43 at this point. I took one look at the component requirements and balked. 21 for a single odyssey part? Geez.
    Can only equip one of each at rank 50 I believe? Lol Its so fucked up atm, the capacity part at least.

R50 ship is Odd hull, Inv propeller, Odd forecastle, Enterprise aftcastle (maybe inv? I can't see it yet)

Slow as molasses, but high surveillance to scan the faraway sectors for unlocks. And she comes back with a decent haul of clusters/leathers/materia.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Surveillance the go to stat for R50 ships at this point? Just made a full Enterprise that we can't equip one piece of yet but planning ahead

Yeah, surveillance for unlocks and retrieval for looting. You gotta meet the 90 surveillance minimum for the R50 sectors, but after that we can only assume more is better until further testing reveals otherwise. Sacrifice as much range and speed as you can tolerate; a full load of R50 zones can take 4-5 earth days with Invincible propellers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast