1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 4 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 11 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 22 hours, 4 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: FC Airship General     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

FC Airship General

Sent our first airship out for 17h last night to the 2nd zone, came back with 7 Bamboo Weave, one of the items needed to research more stuff on the schematic board. You need:

-Buy FC workshop (800k?), access from private chamber door
    -Buy flight credit from resident caretaker in a housing area. Costs FC company credits (like FC buffs)
    -Buy ceruleam tanks (gas); these are venture tokens basically. cheap, also costs FC credits
    -When crafting airship parts you will need a party of 4 DoH (level doesn't matter) for turn-in process to advance. Arbitrarily.

You can make it hit multiple areas in one trip (up to 3), just makes it take longer to come back. At level 2 it'll take just under 24h to come back from zone 1 and 2 at the same time.

There is some kind of part capacity that goes up with its level so you can't give a brand new airship the best parts.

Can't check its stats mid-venture so not much else to say atm. Get that rolling so your tech tree can get up and running.

For those who haven't yet, this is the total mat list for your first 4 Bronco parts:

Spoiler: show
    18 Horn Glue
    18 Varnish
    18 Mythril Plate
    54 Steel Joint Plate
    48 Cobalt Joint Plate
    36 Darksteel Plate
    18 Bronze Rivets
    21 Iron Ingot
    39 Iron Nails
    96 Iron Rivets
    123 Steel Ingot
    81 Steel Rivets
    60 Mythril Rivets
    66 Cobalt Ingot
    18 Cobalt Rivets
    21 Darksteel Nugget
    18 Darksteel Ingot
    18 Yew Lumber
    18 Mahogany Lumber
    21 Rosewood Lumber
    18 Spruce Lumber
    60 Silver Ingot
    18 Electrum Ingot
    18 Boar Leather
    6 Hard Hippogryph Leather
    6 Saurian Leather
    30 Linen Canvas
    6 Vanya Silk

Invincible, the stage 2 airship type, needs Garlond Steel (60 bsm) and Cedar Lumber (60 crp), so those might be good things to focus.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

So far all our ship has brought us is vivianite. Nice I suppose, since we will need a lot of it for garlond steel in the future. I'd love for it to bring back some items for the schematic board, though.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Have you been sending it out to both sectors?

Seems like sector01 gives the vivanite and sector02 gives bamboo weave

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

First day (no pic) was just sector 2 (we didn't know it could do multiple in one trip that day) and got the 7 bamboo weave (A rank I think). Ours brought back some vivianite and wind crystals yesterday from 1>2. Screens of log trim:

Spoiler: show

Also I'm told that you should be able to have multiple airships (4) but there seems to be no option to add another. Some are speculating it is level locked (might see it at 5, 10, 20?).

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Been sending it out to both. This time it came back with 17 bamboo, no vivianite. Got the next set of parts unlocked from it, and the ship leveled up to 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Also I'm told that you should be able to have multiple airships (4) but there seems to be no option to add another. Some are speculating it is level locked (might see it at 5, 10, 20?).
    Ours is 5 and still no option for another ship. They said we'd get 4 to start, so I gathered the mats and built enough parts for another, only to find out we can't have a 2nd one yet.

Speed and Range are obvious, but have we determined the function of Surveillance, Retrieval and Favor? I don't see anything in Active Help or from the workshop NPC help files.

Current asspull theory is:
    Surveillance = item type
    Retrieval = item quantity
    Favor = chance to survive harsh flying condition

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Anyone have a material list for grade 2 airship? Pending on luck getting the last 2 weaves we need tonight I was planning on purchasing the prototype and was wondering what kind of material mess it's going to be to make.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Just a heads up, your airship has a capacity to it. So you likely wont be able to equip all grade 2 parts. Grade 1 parts take up 3 capacity each where as grade 2 take up 6 capacity each. At rank 5 we only had 17 capacity, so we could only equip 1 grade 2 part.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Also, the order you do sectors in makes a difference in total time required and fuel consumption (also, how much "range" is needed). You can use the little map on the right to get an idea on the most efficient route. For example:

1>2>3 will take 33 hours, where as
    2>1>3 takes 30 hours

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

124 is doable for us today (I was a derp and didnt know order mattered). We got back some Red Moko Grass x55 yesterday, I believe from 3rd area.

For part lists, just search "-type" on Garlond tools, put them all into a group and you have the totals. I can't find a way to link them all together. You will have enough capacity at airship level 5 to trade out one Bronco part for one Invincible part I believe. We haven't tried yet. Lazy.

Also the schematic board doesn't take up any time; research is instant.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

We finished and attached Invincible-type Propellers to ours first, and it seemed to knock off a good couple hours for the original 2 step voyage.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Korialstrasz View Post
    We finished and attached Invincible-type Propellers to ours first, and it seemed to knock off a good couple hours for the original 2 step voyage.
    We made Propeller but found the range left us just out of reach for 124. So need to make Hull next.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

If your parts are really low (5% or so), might want to repair BEFORE shipping out. Ours came back today with like a C rating saying it was too wrecked to do much.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Is there any reason to turn in HQ mats when you are building parts?

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    Is there any reason to turn in HQ mats when you are building parts?
    It's inconclusive whether turning in HQ makes any difference to the quality rating. eg. 3 sets of NQ yielded 0, 6, 12 quality; 3 sets of HQ yielded 0, 0, 12 quality--would expect HQ to provide a more consistent bonus with the extra work/cost. There's no advantage to getting "excellent" on the last phase, either. You don't get an HQ component or better stats out of it.

You definitely get bonus XP for contributing HQ materials, however.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Yeah. XP on turn in and chance of turning in less mats on the next phase. Can be significant on a larger project with rarer mats but in the end I think most make everything at once so it just leaves you less to do for the next time you need a mat.

The quality thing is dumb tho. Had outstanding progress with all NQ and normal progress with many HQs. It's not worth the effort imo

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Turned in all NQ for phase 1, wanted to turn in HQs for phase 2 so we would reduce rare mats for phase 3.

sorry bro, hold dat Outstanding Progress on phase 1. Now instead of 84 HQ turn-ins for phase 2, we can only turn in 28.
    Where is the "lower progress" button?

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

May be overthinking but does the level of the crafters in party make any difference to your results in terms of advancing progress? Or am I just annoyed that we HQ'd the crap out of everything in the hope of saving and got 2 meh results?

Old Merits
    BG Level

No.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Definitely not. I turned in the majority of our materials needed with everything 50+ and had shit results.

Also, snagged 5 balsa wood scraps from sector 4, while also hitting rank 12. Hopefully we get a couple more today and can start work on the next tier of ship parts.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast