1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 54 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 8 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 1 hours, 54 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Treasure Maps (3.0)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Done a ton of dragon maps so far (also 4 players + 4 birds). Most common loot pool drops are blue fox hide, exquisite buttons, rush grass and thav leather. Silk is rarer. Got a couple unhidden maps too. The random sorted drops from the dragon maps aren't bad though, generally get avg 50 - 60k in random loot from each.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

3.1 notes said there've been changes to Wyvernskin and Dragonskin map loot tables. Did about 13 dragon maps today and didn't see anything new. Can anyone confirm new loot from these? Minions? Or where blood pepper seeds come from?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Haven't had anything new off of wyvernskins collecting dust in mailbox, have a bit of dragon to burn through when I have another body with me.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    3.1 notes said there've been changes to Wyvernskin and Dragonskin map loot tables. Did about 13 dragon maps today and didn't see anything new. Can anyone confirm new loot from these? Minions? Or where blood pepper seeds come from?
    The FFXIV Gardening FB posted up about this https://www.facebook.com/ffxiv.gardening/ and they think Chives and the blood pepper seeds come from gardening.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Could also be multiple sources but there are blood pepper seeds so you can at least get them that way.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

from what i understand the Pieaa(sp) minion drops from dragon skin. Ive gotten cloth from wyvern for the new 185 recipes

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    Could also be multiple sources but there are blood pepper seeds so you can at least get them that way.
    Yeah it would be nice if there were multiple sources

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Ok, guess it's time to try some crossbreeding, thanks.

My Little Ixion
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Anyone notice an increase in the rate that money drops happen? Did about 25 maps last night with my FC and we saw seven unhidden maps, 10 thav silks and like 15 leathers. I've never seen it rain like that before, and we've been doing dragonskin maps consistently since 3.0 hit.

[2.0][3.0] The acquisition rate for items that can be obtained through the timeworn archaeoskin, wyvern, dragonskin and the unhidden leather maps have been adjusted.
    ^

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Partly you got lucky, partly they upped the thav silk/leather drops substantially a month or so after 3.0 dropped. We've done tons of dragon maps since 3.1 and seen about 5 thav silk, 4 or 5 leathers and no unhiddens. Unfortunately, also haven't seen anything new drop from the dragons either.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Friendly reminder that they announced new 'dungeon' from dragonskin maps. Start hoarding them/mailing to someone to mail back so you have 23 for patch hits. 2 on retainer (more if you have additional retainers), 2 on yourself opened/unopened, and 20 in mailbox waiting.

If items that drop there are for relics or something stupid, be ready for it.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    Friendly reminder that they announced new 'dungeon' from dragonskin maps. Start hoarding them/mailing to someone to mail back so you have 23 for patch hits. 2 on retainer (more if you have additional retainers), 2 on yourself opened/unopened, and 20 in mailbox waiting.

If items that drop there are for relics or something stupid, be ready for it.

Two on retainer, like one for sale and one in inventory?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Two on retainer, like one for sale and one in inventory?
    That's what I thought they were saying as well, so I was about to say "No, you can't do that; sale items count as being in the retainers inventory," but then I re-read it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    2 on retainer (more if you have additional retainers).
    They meant 2 total across all retainers (so 1 per retainer), or more if you have additional retainers.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    That's what I thought they were saying as well, so I was about to say "No, you can't do that; sale items count as being in the retainers inventory," but then I re-read it.

They meant 2 total across all retainers (so 1 per retainer), or more if you have additional retainers.

Ahh makes more sense. Thanks!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ah yep one per x: Prices gonna sky rocket too if you rather take the money.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Dragonskin only? Or are people recommending them since they currently have the best rewards?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Introducing the Aquapolis! This is what was referred to internally as the "treasure hunt dungeon." The entrance will appear randomly when uncovering dragonskin maps. The structure and layout isn't random, but you may need some luck to make it to the final room. Keep in mind this is battle content and not gathering-related, so you'll need to defeat enemies!
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post3680127

^ that little drop of info is what made me make sure to hoard em x;

Gonna horde and sell

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Curious how many people will be required. Currently can do dragon maps with 2 people, and i doubt these will be doable. Will suck if you need 8 people for them though since its a RNG pop