1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 19 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 40 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 22 hours, 19 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 11 hours, 40 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Scholar 3.0     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I use Selene a lot more now. Eos used to be my default but I'll use Selene for most stuff and only switch to Eos if the healing is tough.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So a fun little gearset I've been working on:

http://viperbeam.com/ffxiv/sch_lowlevel.png

i70 Rose Gold head/ear, i55 Flames body, i55 Militia hands/legs/feet, Darkscale Belt of Sorcery, i70 Astral neck/wrists/ring, Master Arcanist's Ring

INT and MND in every slot but weapon (still working on that). Basically, in any sub-50 dungeon I have best healing and nuking gear all in one, so I turn on Cleric Stance and then replace it with Aero in cross-class actions, giving me a fulltime 10% damage bonus with only a 20% penalty to my otherwise-full-strength cures (and of course, fairy is unaffected).

I'd been thinking about it for a while, but having to do low-level roulettes for law made me actually build it out. Nearly everything is buyable/craftable. Results have been amazing.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

So planning to go this way for the I210 gear

Any opiinion?

Weapon Esoteric
    Head Esoteric
    Body Savage
    Hands Savage
    Legs Savage
    Feet Esoterics
    Belt Savage
    Earring Savage
    Neck Esoterisc
    Bracelet Esoterics
    ring Savage + Eso

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    So planning to go this way for the I210 gear

Any opiinion?

Weapon Esoteric
    Head Esoteric
    Body Savage
    Hands Savage
    Legs Savage
    Feet Esoterics
    Belt Savage
    Earring Savage
    Neck Esoterisc
    Bracelet Esoterics
    ring Savage + Eso
    Haven't looked at all the stats on the rest of the gear but imo the Esoteric's weapon for SCH sucks. Unless you absolutely have no hope of getting Gordian that's the better option. Unless I'm missing something special about spell speed over determination.

You may not have any hope of getting gordian unless you have the esoteric, so there is that.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Haven't looked at all the stats on the rest of the gear but imo the Esoteric's weapon for SCH sucks. Unless you absolutely have no hope of getting Gordian that's the better option. Unless I'm missing something special about spell speed over determination.
    Gordian is

Pie 115 and Det 68

While Elements

is 102 SS and 80 PIE

if the SS is really better then elements is better

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by lilbubbles View Post
    You may not have any hope of getting gordian unless you have the esoteric, so there is that.
    I highly doubt HQ Esoterics (on a healer) is needed to clear A4 Savage. Either way Gordian is still the better option imo.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Any opinion on melding rightside mind stuff with accuracy materia? Im tired of misses holding back my DPS and fucking my energy drains

*already using Marron Glace

im at 4/5 Gordian Right side already for reference. 4/5 because stupid rings

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

How are people finding Selene v Eos now? I jumped to using Selene much more but the extra healing Eos puts out just seems too important in raid. Is the spell speed/skill speed buff really worth that much in terms of DPS now?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Finished up WHM to 60 and started working on SCH, I haven't touched it in almost 2 years. Is it just me, am I imagining things or SCH DPS a bit stronger than WHM? I mean, I only use use Bio II, Miasma, and Bio(Bane as needed), than go back to healing, but it feels like stuff dies slightly faster in PT's on SCH than they did on WHM.

About an hour ago I was in a Sohm Al that only took 23 minutes. The second boss actually died before he got a chance to eat all the slimes in the second add phase(he only ate 2), and the last boss(on wing phase) the wings died before even one Dark Star got off. I've never seen that shit die that fast before going in as WHM.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    I highly doubt HQ Esoterics (on a healer) is needed to clear A4 Savage. Either way Gordian is still the better option imo.
    No, but the Antiquated probably is.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Its just less risky to maintain dps on SCH than it is on WHM due to fairy heals. Fairy can handle most stuff in dungeons with a few spot adlo and/or lustrates. WHM can match dps but they have to rely on regen and risk the tank dropping HP alot more.

Bane is also OP in dungeons with multiple targets =)

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

And then there's AST..

hey guys im dpsing good luck!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

But it's AST, it's not like they contribute to healing to begin.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    Finished up WHM to 60 and started working on SCH, I haven't touched it in almost 2 years. Is it just me, am I imagining things or SCH DPS a bit stronger than WHM? I mean, I only use use Bio II, Miasma, and Bio(Bane as needed), than go back to healing, but it feels like stuff dies slightly faster in PT's on SCH than they did on WHM.

About an hour ago I was in a Sohm Al that only took 23 minutes. The second boss actually died before he got a chance to eat all the slimes in the second add phase(he only ate 2), and the last boss(on wing phase) the wings died before even one Dark Star got off. I've never seen that shit die that fast before going in as WHM.
    unless you were using Eos, Selene helps group DPS overall too.

SCH DPS on single target is definitely stronger than WHM though.

We also have 3 attacks that don't account for accuracy, which is a big deal now that healers are screwed on accuracy.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Healers aren't really "screwed on accuracy." Yoshida said that weapons will no longer have accuracy, that the accuracy curve in 2.x (that required accuracy on healer gear) was a mistake, and that 3.x will have lower accuracy requirements overall.

Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma View Post
    Any opinion on melding rightside mind stuff with accuracy materia? Im tired of misses holding back my DPS and fucking my energy drains
    Late, but I'm doing exactly this right now. There's a lack of Heavens Eye III materia on my server (I bought a lot) and it's pissing me off.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I swapped to SCH main this reset and melded the i180 chest/feet and 3 accessories with accuracy, while using Grilled Sweetfish I'm at 538 accuracy which is a little above the supposed caster cap of 530 accuracy for AS3. You only need 3 melds in the accessories to cap accuracy so you can also put VIT materia in there if you want to, right now I have one VIT 4 in mine and I may put another VIT materia in them if I think I need it for AS4. Not missing Energy Drains is always a nice thing, and I hope not missing Miasma on the pudding adds in AS3 helped the group. Swapping mains meant I was a little lacking in the esoteric and i190 gear so the left-side crafted pieces helped fill in the gap (although it was around 20m for me to buy/craft/meld that on such short notice). I'm still undecided on whether I'll replace those left-side pieces with the proper i200/i210 pieces in a few weeks though because losing accuracy is always scary .

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

So a friend of mine insists that he tested Fey Wind and it yielded no additional DPS for a party of 8. I think he's full of shit, but now I'm wondering. Has anyone found something similar?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast