1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 10 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 49 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 19 hours, 10 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 14 hours, 49 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Scholar 3.0     submit to reddit submit to twitter

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

That's actually the argument for full-timing Eos. I've tried it out, and I end up spending almost all of my time in CS DPSing, dropping out only on the bigger hits to toss out a lustrate or something.

The argument I've seen used is that the extra dps from staying in CS outweighs the 50% uptime of 3% haste.

At least someone can read.

I don't have any gold stars, sorry.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Eos saved my ass in A3S final phase. Sometimes you have to make deals with the devil.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    The arrow card from Astrologian is attack speed as well, so Selene is basically just a longer duration arrow card for 3% instead of 10%.
    Both last 30s now but RNG.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Both last 30s now but RNG.
    Shit, good call.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So when did Whispering Dawn become interruptible without you losing it?

Eg. Moving pet midcast used to eat it.

I also noticed this running expert roulette when Eos get pushed back midcast, I can cast it again.

Oh neat, only took 2 years too.

So do people run Melds for Alexander Savage? I have been trying to find a definitive answer and people are like 50/50, some like to use melds some don't. It seems it is more personal preference, or does it depend on your other Healer?

I use 3 accuracy melded accesories for savage.

Which pieces do you use out of interest and other than the 3 Accuracy what else did you meld, I assume Crit?

I use neck, bracelet and ring, and yes, accuracy/crit.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

I do the same thing as Octo, except I have vitality on one of the pieces. Same slots, as well. I also use Grilled Sweetfish for more accuracy.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kari Arisu
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Has anyone found any good uses for Dissipation? I legit forgot I even had a level 60 skill for the longest time. I've had many arguments recently about whether or not it's a good skill.

I feel like any situation where I find myself needing Lustrates, Indoms, or Soil is not a situation where I want to sacrifice having a Fairy for 30 seconds. 20% healing potency is nice but the fairy is much preferred. The only thing I can come up with is using it for Energy Drains, which is probably a small DPS increase in a situation where you absolutely don't need fairy heals for 30 seconds. 2 of the Energy Drain MP restores pretty much cover the fairy cost at least.

Just curious if anyone uses it at any point, maybe a specific Savage phase?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Can you cancel the buff to recast your fairy?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Nope.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Its useful for burst phases or where there is downtime. Like before the Oppressors jump you can dissipate to spam 3 more energy drains and you'll have fairy back up before they land.

I also use it at the start after a wipe to get stacks instead of using aetherflow. That saves some time so you can spam those charges first then use aetherflow to get them back instead of waiting 1 min for the CD.

There are other situations but its very situational. There were alot of times I knew if I had an extra lustrate or 2, it would have prevented a full wipe.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

When Savage was new, I used it on Faust during the last 10% or so. Not necessary now. Maybe if your co-healer can solo-heal for a while, for dps... but other than that, only thing I can think of is anything similar to Faust where you're healing a shitton of damage in a short period after which you don't need to heal (wipe or win, in faust's case) at all.

I don't use it for the healing boost; I use it for if I want 3 more stacks of aetherflow RIGHT NOW (either for more dps with energy drain, or more lustrates needed for immediate heals)

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    Has anyone found any good uses for Dissipation? I legit forgot I even had a level 60 skill for the longest time. I've had many arguments recently about whether or not it's a good skill.

I feel like any situation where I find myself needing Lustrates, Indoms, or Soil is not a situation where I want to sacrifice having a Fairy for 30 seconds. 20% healing potency is nice but the fairy is much preferred. The only thing I can come up with is using it for Energy Drains, which is probably a small DPS increase in a situation where you absolutely don't need fairy heals for 30 seconds. 2 of the Energy Drain MP restores pretty much cover the fairy cost at least.

Just curious if anyone uses it at any point, maybe a specific Savage phase?
    I use it during a planned fairy switch in A4S. I kill Selene on the third leg with disappation and continue to DPS using the stacks. By the time mortal revolution casts dissipation wears, and I can swift cast Eos for leg 4+.