1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 57 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 15 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 18 hours, 57 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Scholar 3.0     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

It depends when you use it

Since Spell/Skill speed is suppose to help DOT dmg, i'm sure that if the DOT is already applied when Fey wind is cast, it makes 0 difference

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

edit: double post

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    It depends when you use it

Since Spell/Skill speed is suppose to help DOT dmg, i'm sure that if the DOT is already applied when Fey wind is cast, it makes 0 difference
    Fey Wind doesn't increase your SkS/SpS attribute, it grants you a Haste effect.

It's really hard to eyeball Fey Wind's effect outside of short burst phases from one encounter to another even when it's the same fight because there's pretty much always going to be some variance in how your party members play. In a perfect world where an encounter always goes exactly the same, Fey Wind is a DPS increase (I've seen it estimated at +1.5%? which is why it's hard to quantify with a small sample of encounters).

It isn't a huge buff, but it IS a buff you get to use a lot.

Big things are made out of lots of small things.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

yeah, Fey Wind is Attack Speed. It speeds up your GCD, your cast time, your auto attacks, and presumably your DoT ticks.

I have a hunch he might be right for fights that only last long enough for one Fey Wind, but that for fights where you're going to have it up multiple times, it's still going to boost dps.

Nothing increases the rate of DoT, that would break so many things.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BaneTheBrawler View Post
    yeah, Fey Wind is Attack Speed. It speeds up your GCD, your cast time, your auto attacks, and presumably your DoT ticks.
    On what basis are people presuming it would do that? As I've shown, it doesn't increase skill and spell speed and DoT ticks are calculated per mob following a timer per mob. Everything on a single mob ticks at the same time regardless of when you've used it and the moment it happens is defined by when the mob spawns inside any given instance so I doubt it but I might have missed something.

As Lilibubbles said, it adds up in the end and on the course of many fights so it's still a good buff to have when you don't need CDs from Eos.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

I hadn't seen that. The presumption is based on the update to Spell Speed. Obviously not a sound one.

The changes to skill speed and spell speed just add a small amount of damage to DoTs.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Fey Wind (and WHM's Presence of Mind) used to increase the stats, but it was changed in 3.0 to only affect the GCD, presumably because of Skill/Spell speed update.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

The arrow card from Astrologian is attack speed as well, so Selene is basically just a longer duration arrow card for 3% instead of 10%.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Since I started leveling SCH through HW, I've found myself using Selene full-time just because the extra healing Eos provides I have yet to have a use for in any of the leveling dungeons in HW. The normal SCH spells/abilites + Embrace is more than enough to keep everyone healed up just fine even while maintaining DoT damage full-time.

So, since Embrace is all I really needed, I just have been using Selene. 3% SS buff is still better if I don't need any of the extra things Eos brings to the table.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Nothing increases the rate of DoT, that would break so many things.
    Player attributes have been adjusted as follows:
    Skilspeed and spellspeed now affect damage over time and healing over time effects.
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...6199e5a#battle

For the 345678340578630th time.

Spell speed and skill speed increase the DAMAGE of DoTs by a small amount.

Read the tool tips.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

For the 345678340578630th time.

Spell speed and skill speed increase the DAMAGE of DoTs by a small amount.

Read the tool tips.
    I was given the impression from your previous post you were impling that Skill Speed and Spell Speed do not affect DoT's at all. Either way, it doesn't really change my post just above that that pretty much says if you don't need the extra healing Eos brings, Selene will always be better. Doesn't matter how much a boost it is, it's still a boost, if all you need to use from the fairies is Embrace, it's still more than you are getting from Eos. And I have yet to see a single dungeon leveling 1-59 that actually needs Eos' extra healing... even Aurum Vale poisons can be handled just fine with Succor.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

You're not going to need Eos until Savage. That's when her cooldowns actually start to matter in specific situations.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    You're not going to need Eos until Savage. That's when her cooldowns actually start to matter in specific situations.

I could see that, but I think the main reason I specifically called out leveling dungeons was the fact that I see so many people on the OF remarking that they use Eos religiously for leveling dungeons, and honestly, I don't understand why, seems like a waste....

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    And I have yet to see a single dungeon leveling 1-59 that actually needs Eos' extra healing... even Aurum Vale poisons can be handled just fine with Succor.
    If you have to cast Succor, then you had a use for Eos.

You could have just popped WD and kept DPSing.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

If you have to cast Succor, then you had a use for Eos.

You could have just popped WD and kept DPSing.
    Yeah, you're right, we shouldn't have to cast anything but DPS spells. If Eos can't do 100% of our heals in boss fights, we're not doing it right.

Because that's what I said.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast