1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 22 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 1 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 8 hours, 22 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Scholar 3.0     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Not that this is relevant content anymore but I use it on Ravana at the start. By the time you blow through your 6 opening drains he's switching into attack stance, and thus not outputting damage any more.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alkimi Asura
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    Has anyone found any good uses for Dissipation? I legit forgot I even had a level 60 skill for the longest time. I've had many arguments recently about whether or not it's a good skill.

I feel like any situation where I find myself needing Lustrates, Indoms, or Soil is not a situation where I want to sacrifice having a Fairy for 30 seconds. 20% healing potency is nice but the fairy is much preferred. The only thing I can come up with is using it for Energy Drains, which is probably a small DPS increase in a situation where you absolutely don't need fairy heals for 30 seconds. 2 of the Energy Drain MP restores pretty much cover the fairy cost at least.

Just curious if anyone uses it at any point, maybe a specific Savage phase?
    I've seen SCHs use it on the last Mortal Revoultion. Kill the fairy, adlo the WAR with Defiance and Convalescence up and then spread the adloquium to the party. Dunno if it's necessary but that last MR does hit for a shit ton of damage.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Has anyone found any good uses for Dissipation? I legit forgot I even had a level 60 skill for the longest time. I've had many arguments recently about whether or not it's a good skill.

I feel like any situation where I find myself needing Lustrates, Indoms, or Soil is not a situation where I want to sacrifice having a Fairy for 30 seconds. 20% healing potency is nice but the fairy is much preferred. The only thing I can come up with is using it for Energy Drains, which is probably a small DPS increase in a situation where you absolutely don't need fairy heals for 30 seconds. 2 of the Energy Drain MP restores pretty much cover the fairy cost at least.

Just curious if anyone uses it at any point, maybe a specific Savage phase?
    I've also grappled over whether Dissipation is outright useless or just super situational.

From a healing standpoint, healpot+20% does not make up for 30 seconds sans fairy. It's also questionable from an AF stack, as a fairy summon costs the same as two Energy Drains (by definition?) and also burns a Swiftcast.

However, I am trying to figure out better places to utilize Dissipation in PvP (which places extreme value on burst healing, and less value on MP conservation). It seems like SE anticipated this, as the Dissipation duration (buff? lockout?) is 45s in PvP, which makes it last longer than an average skirmish.

edit: Dissipation is gdlk in PvP. Any job that doesn't have stunlock is not going to kill me during Lustrate x3 -> AF -> Lustrate x3 -> Dissipation -> Lustrate x3. You can pretty much drag a small group of DPS to a desired location.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kari Arisu
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

This has probably been discussed before somewhere, but mathematically is the best single target DoT rotation Miasma first or Bio 2 first?

I want to say that starting the Miasma cast pre-pull (landing when tank pulls) then Bio, Bio2, Aero should be the most DPS right? Thought process is that Miasma has the on-hit damage over Bio2, so casting it first means you recast it sooner for more damage. Bio is the highest potency and instantly casted on pull after Miasma is finished. Bio2 has the most total damage but same tick potency as Miasma. Not even sure if Aero should be last or elsewhere.

I think my assumption is correct, but I see everyone always doing Bio2 > Miasma > Bio > Aero and I'm not sure if it's a popular mistake or actually the best. I feel like it should only be best when you're planning to Bane? Really interested if anyone has math done on this already, not the best at this stuff.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I always due the 100% to hit casts first because any cast time spell that isnt guaranteed, and misses, is lost dps. Not at my computer right now and blanking on the names lol.

Yup, people cast Bio2 first because Miasma can miss.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The way I look at is, I prefer any DoT ticks pre-Bane to be the lowest potency possible (because I want more Bane time on the stronger ticks), therefore I cast from low to high in tick potency (Bio2->Miasma->Bio1).

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

This has probably been discussed before somewhere, but mathematically is the best single target DoT rotation Miasma first or Bio 2 first?

I want to say that starting the Miasma cast pre-pull (landing when tank pulls) then Bio, Bio2, Aero should be the most DPS right? Thought process is that Miasma has the on-hit damage over Bio2, so casting it first means you recast it sooner for more damage. Bio is the highest potency and instantly casted on pull after Miasma is finished. Bio2 has the most total damage but same tick potency as Miasma. Not even sure if Aero should be last or elsewhere.

I think my assumption is correct, but I see everyone always doing Bio2 > Miasma > Bio > Aero and I'm not sure if it's a popular mistake or actually the best. I feel like it should only be best when you're planning to Bane? Really interested if anyone has math done on this already, not the best at this stuff.
    Miasma is 'better' first, but the gains are incredibly minor if you're in full DPS mode and pretty significant if your Cleric time is limited. That order is specifically from highest potency to lowest in case you don't have time to get all 4 off. Plus they have the benefit of all wearing off near the same time, so your next reapplication rotation lines up nicely as bio>aero>miasma>bio2 as 4 continuous GCDs (again, mostly relevant with limited Cleric time).

THE FAIRY CAT
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snoctopus Snoctopus
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction for the best accessory + other meld combination to use in A3S.

Here's what I've got right now: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...acter/7741184/

I was looking at http://www.ffxivguild.com/ffxiv-scho...me-gear-guide/ for meld options.

Is it best to focus on doing chest/belt/boots instead of doing the ACCs first? Is it an all or nothing deal? Any help is welcome, this is my first dance with melding for combat gear. Thank you very much for your time.

If you haven't done any melding I'd just wait, given 3.2 is just a few more weeks away.

But if you really want to, meld the accessories.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6