1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 56 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 12 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -3 hours, -4 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Lightspeed is so crippling to healing potency (while still triggering the GCD so you can't spam any faster) it is only ever useful to cast spells on the move. It confuses me you're using it to cast cures on a tank who pulled too much, unless it's literally while he's pulling and you need to run at the same time.
    The only real use I've had for it on current content was to reapply Stoneskin while dodging Liberation / Rose of Hate during Ravana Ex (or apply it to the bads in my static who took Vulnerability stacks).

I just finished levelling SCH to 60 so I now have AST and SCH at i180 with Ravana weapons and I'll be able to get a feel of both in content, but AST hasn't felt particularly weak for dungeons / primals. Especially dungeons where I barely have to heal anymore now I'm overgeared [and can burn all my MP on Gravity].

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Lightspeed has been occasionally useful for me in dungeons for spamming cures on a tank who's pulled too much. It probably should have something to make it more appealing to use. Keep in mind though pretty much every job has an ability or two that's very marginally useful and only used in certain cases (and sometimes really not at all). AST wasn't going to be an exception
    thats not the case when compared to the other 2 healers tough. all their abilitys have strong uses and get used frequently. if AST would have to mainheal or shield T13 lvl 50 capd with the gear back then i doubt it would pull it off. too many abilitys of AST have flaws they shouldnt have.
    i have no prob in dungeons with a good geared tank but if shits gonna hit the fan with coil of alexander i doubt ast can keep witj either of the other 2 healers as the classic combination

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The only bad ability/spell WHM has is Cure III. Incredibly negligible since Medica/Medica II is better than it in every way. I guess you can count Stone I (and now Stone II) if you really wanted to be nitpicky.

AST can't really say that for Lightspeed. It's obviously meant to speed up your healing (instead of raising your potency like WHM's Divine Seal or mitigating damage like SCH's Lustrate/SS/etc), but since the GCD isn't lowered, all it really does is frontload your spells. It doesn't make your intervals between spells any quicker. The only use for it is if you have to dodge a lot and you can't get your spells off, but is currently no fight in the game where you never have 2.5s to get a cast off. Getting rid of the potency decrease would at least allow it to not be detrimental.

Also confirming for Burningthought that, at least for WHM, there has been no MP issues that isn't from being bad.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

If we had better crossclass stuff light speed could replace swiftcast and then you turn it off

Lightspeed is great for Stoneskin spam (WHILE MOVING) and Arise if Swiftcast is down. Defensively it's not useful for anything other than being mobile, if you want to cure adequately on the move Lightspeed is your jam. Like most AST abilities, plan it right and it'll be useful. A lot AST can do seems weak if you're just doing it on the fly without a decent gameplan (but that doesn't suggest that AST couldn't do with a buff in some areas).

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    yeah but compared to sacred soil it has so many disadvantages. i dont understand the reason why SE decided to pretty much immobiloze us when sch can pop sacred soil where they want and can do during soil what they want.
    You have to make a choice with soil to use a resource you could use for something else, it's more useful because it generally costs more than CC does. All CC requires is you to use it and it doesn't put you out of anything other than more CC.

So with smart use it's MP saving with no drawbacks other than you can't move.

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    The only bad ability/spell WHM has is Cure III. Incredibly negligible since Medica/Medica II is better than it in every way.
    What.

It's incredibly potent, more MP efficient than Medica, and has the same cast time as Cure.

It's only limitation is range, which makes it situational, but far from worthless.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    It's only limitation is range
    Which is exactly why Medica/Medica II is better, especially when you consider Divine Seal for either choice. Cure III is nice for the Overcure trait (if it didn't have this I wouldn't have it on my hotbar) but good luck getting everyone to huddle after eating a roomwide AoE.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I too have found that the extremely limited range on Cure3 makes it more of an MP waster than useful in most situations. There are times I will use it but they are far fewer than Medica. Medica/Medica 2 range is amazing and guaranteed to hit everyone if you're standing in a correct position. If I see that people are close enough for Cure3 I will use it but generally they're all too far from each other. Cure3 definitely falls under "situational" while Medica/2 are basic utility.

I can agree on situational, but far from worthless.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Lightspeed is great for Stoneskin spam (WHILE MOVING) and Arise if Swiftcast is down. Defensively it's not useful for anything other than being mobile, if you want to cure adequately on the move Lightspeed is your jam. Like most AST abilities, plan it right and it'll be useful. A lot AST can do seems weak if you're just doing it on the fly without a decent gameplan (but that doesn't suggest that AST couldn't do with a buff in some areas).

You have to make a choice with soil to use a resource you could use for something else, it's more useful because it generally costs more than CC does. All CC requires is you to use it and it doesn't put you out of anything other than more CC.

So with smart use it's MP saving with no drawbacks other than you can't move.
    this isnt true, while soil uses 1 atherstack flow it doesnt limit you at all in any way. CC costs its own cool down but limits you in basicly not being able to do anything for the duration you want to keep it up. this is my biggest gripe i have with it. why limit us so much? in a hectic fight it makes the ability useless because you cant shield the people and top them up at the same time

this isnt true, while soil uses 1 atherstack flow it doesnt limit you at all in any way. CC costs its own cool down but limits you in basicly not being able to do anything for the duration you want to keep it up. this is my biggest gripe i have with it. why limit us so much? in a hectic fight it makes the ability useless because you cant shield the people and top them up at the same time
    Of course Soil limits you, it's a limited resource that you have to make a choice to use instead of something else like Lustrate or Indomitability and if you blow your Aether carelessly you can't Soil. You can't say Soil isn't limiting while next listing it's limitation.

CC limits you in movement and action, but using regen CC on players means you save MP instead of blowing 1k+ on Helios for the same effect with no MP cost. Like I've said the last 3 posts if you plan it's use, CC is useful and if your party takes advantage of it you'll save yourself some trouble in general. Reduction CC you could pop for a single AoE and limit the damage, or you could spend 1k+ mp shielding everyone for 1k (OR you could do both in either situation for greater effect). It's less useful if you and your party are running around like headless chickens, but CC is not Soil, so using it exactly the same (and wanting to) is already a mistake.

CC is useful if you use it and look for places to use it rather than moan it's hard to use because it isn't fire and forget. Does every Healer want to be rambo? Pop CC and let the other healer put a weak regen up while you protect party and gain MP. Use Luminiferous Aether before hand and recover MP while also being useful (good for low MP aoe spam, or just keeping party HP up.)

They could make CC easier and more brainless to use and I wouldn't complain but...it works fine so far.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Astrologian Discussion Thread: (Insert Yu-Gi-Oh! joke here)

cc as it currently is would have been absolutely useless for me as a shield in T13 back then ecxept when ending phase 3. i play sch and soil did a fantastic job for covering tanks in phase 1 for flatten &3breath and a superb job coupled with succor in phase 2 for mitgating megaflare dmg on stack point and the wide orb dmg when everyone was there. (lasted long enough to mitgate both)you cant do either of those due to movement restrictions and placeing restrictions on CC which is ny biggest gripe. CC is very very limited usefull

cc as it currently is would have been absolutely useless for me as a shield in T13 back then ecxept when ending phase 3. i play sch and soil did a fantastic job for covering tanks in phase 1 for flatten &3breath and a superb job coupled with succor in phase 2 for mitgating megaflare dmg on stack point and the wide orb dmg when everyone was there. (lasted long enough to mitgate both)you cant do either of those due to movement restrictions and placeing restrictions on CC which is ny biggest gripe. CC is very very limited usefull
    So you wouldn't have used Regen CC or -damage CC when Megaflare or Gigaflare happened? I would. I would put up Regen CC while waiting for Megaflare dives and save MP as well, would be great as well for Megaflare towers and/or Rage of Bahamut. Even if you reduce the damage of 1 attack that's MP saved for no extra cost. Even so, I definitely can find easy and multiple uses for -damage CC, regen CC is harder to pull off, but you're already in Diurnal Sect so it's not much of an issue just extra MP on top of potentially 1.5-2.5k regen a tic (+whatever else the other healer is doing or what cards happen). Or maybe you feel cheated that if you don't spend all 18s with CC up you've wasted it? I put that shit up for like 2-5 seconds and as long as it catches something that's a job well done. With enhanced Benefic and Essential Dignity on standby you can take even more risks with the tank (less risk if the other healer is decent).

CC by itself used randomly is super weak and useless, while Soil even if thrown without a care in the world is still generally useful. Take care and a little forethought will go a long way. Basically all you're saying is that CC is too hard for you to use while also not trying to learn how to use it. The more experience you get with a fight, the more useful CC becomes. Running in blind and braindead and expecting CC to be the shit is foolish at best and homocidal at worst.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

you cant exactly use cc during megaflare when you have to move... dont you see the flaw. and after megaflare you would need to top people up for rage or shield them. you also have to considet the MT that is eating flares in between but you cant cure if you want to keep cc up

You could use it if you get marked, the people who get marked with you have damage reduced and you can do something after without wasting time on more. Like I said, -damage CC is better for single large hits, like a localized virus then you go about your business. CC is canceled when you cast or cure so if you have something on deck you can get right back to healing afterwards. If it was regen CC I'd probably use it for Rage instead.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Milk Ichigo
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

I do not know Royal Road. It is my third language but my attack say it boost Bole by 1.5 but I use it and it was 5% on the new ability.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The card you use royalroad on determines the effect. The next card you use will have that effect. It tells you which card does what effect.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Milk Ichigo
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Bole with Royal Road give next card 1.5x? It is not Bole at 1.5?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Correct. Royal Road consumes the card you are holding to give a buff. The next card you USE will have that buff applied.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Milk Ichigo
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Thank you. It is not understood on the attack.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast