1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 36 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 16 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 17 hours, 36 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    All Aspected Benific should need to make it the same cure efficiency as Benefic is 100% shield, since it's double the MP cost. Since it's 130% shield, it should be more efficient than Benefic.
    Sure, it would work like that if Benefic/Aspected were the same base potency.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Little bump but I have a question from my fellow ASTs:

I have Hive weapon, a mix of i190 gear, and the rest i185 gear. I have about 1200 eso to spend and hopeful to win some healing gear from Void Ark tomorrow. What should I focus my eso on ?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Weapon?
    It's the biggest straight upgrade even with Hive weapon.
    Diadem for healer gear? Then you're 210 (200 weapon) across the board.

Wonder the chances of them putting in eso weapon upgrade items in 3.15.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Weapon?
    It's the biggest straight upgrade even with Hive weapon.
    Diadem for healer gear? Then you're 210 (200 weapon) across the board.

Wonder the chances of them putting in eso weapon upgrade items in 3.15.
    I was thinking the weapon but does CRIT have any boon to AST like SCH? Also, I am not a big Diadem player atm but was there any eso pieces that are worth it for AST?

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    I was thinking the weapon but does CRIT have any boon to AST like SCH? Also, I am not a big Diadem player atm but was there any eso pieces that are worth it for AST?
    Not really, except maybe when in shield stance.

Feet are good, but the rest I wouldn't really care about.

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Not really, except maybe when in shield stance.

Feet are good, but the rest I wouldn't really care about.
    I thought AST crits don't affect their shields? That the balance was AST shield has base potency than galvanize but lower max(critless) reduction.

Yea I thought that too but I looked up the skill descriptions and couldn't find any mention of it.

Shield stance doesn't have a bonus, I just like crit shields.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's hard to justify buying weapons at this point when thordan is very doable with hive weaps, maybe when they start handing out gobdips

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Well Yoshi said they are looking into handing those out "depending on the Thordan clear rate". I don't know if gamewide clears are above or below the probably arbitrary threshold he set, but we could be seeing gobdip soon added into the game for like 10 mark logs a piece, maybe even as soon as the upcoming patch? Eso weapons are still gated by eso cap after all so Thordan fight wouldn't be completely voided. I mean I guess I wouldn't bet the farm on it, but it's a possibility.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I guess my question would be is what are you doing with your freebie gobtwine/coat and are you clearing A1S/A2S?

I would make sure you have 990 esoterics to spend on a weapon in case that becomes a big part of the relic quest come patch 3.15 (Its the only job-locked item outside of ARR Relic/Zodiac after all.).

So i'd say Void Ark hat is pretty good with Det and Crit. Esoteric Boots are a fantastic buy (Crit and Det). Never hurts to get a ring. If you're at least i190 you're able to get on every ride outside of A3S/A4S. I'd just save esoterics in case Anima Relic requires esoterics or esoteric weapon.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    I guess my question would be is what are you doing with your freebie gobtwine/coat and are you clearing A1S/A2S?

I would make sure you have 990 esoterics to spend on a weapon in case that becomes a big part of the relic quest come patch 3.15 (Its the only job-locked item outside of ARR Relic/Zodiac after all.).

So i'd say Void Ark hat is pretty good with Det and Crit. Esoteric Boots are a fantastic buy (Crit and Det). Never hurts to get a ring. If you're at least i190 you're able to get on every ride outside of A3S/A4S. I'd just save esoterics in case Anima Relic requires esoterics or esoteric weapon.
    If anything it would require Law. No way they would have the relic quest require esoterics

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    If anything it would require Law. No way they would have the relic quest require esoterics
    You don't remember the i90 2.0 relics very well

The only reason 2.0 relics required myth is because they were the only weapons around at the time.

2.2 brought soldiery token tomestone weapons
    2.4 brought poetic token tomestone weapons
    3.0 has eso weapons

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

I have a friend who keeps making the same argument (2.0 requires weekly currency so 3.1+ relics might require it), but like Niiro said there was no such thing as a tomestone weapon back then and it was your only option aside from Turn 5 to get an i90+ weapon.

I think they might add diadem tokens or diadem clears (do X amount of exploratory missions) into the relic chain but I highly doubt they will add esoterics. Why? Because when the relics release, that guy who continuously buys esoterics for multiple classes is now punished as opposed to that shitter with 1 job only who has capped esoterics and has just received a windfall. I can't see it happening for this reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    Because when the relics release, that guy who continuously buys esoterics for multiple classes is now punished as opposed to that shitter with 1 job only who has capped esoterics and has just received a windfall.
    When you put it that way, it sounds right up the dev teams alley.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justina Suntail
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

i do crit on my astro my strongest heal so far is a 17k crit benefic 2 (synastry+defiance+convalesence)

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

3.2 changes:

• Diurnal Sect Now reduces enmity generation.
    • Nocturnal Sect Now reduces enmity generation.
    • Aspected Benefic The effect of Nocturnal Field will be halved in PvP areas.
    • Luminiferous Aether Duration has been increased from 15 seconds to 24 seconds.
    • Shuffle It is no longer possible to draw the same card twice consecutively.
    • Shuffle has been renamed Redraw.
    • The Ewer Potency when used on a single target or on all party members has been increased.
    • The Spire Potency when used on a single target or on all party members has been increased.

I am so surprised they actually touched LA and Ewer, since I've always been of the opinion that AST's biggest weakness is MP regeneration as every other healer has 2 guaranteed ways to get back MP but AST only has one truly guaranteed way... Wondering if this will make them competitive for a raid slot? Idk if it can beat WHM/SCH though, think that is just too perfect of a combo. Either way, I will probably try it at first in Midas Savage to see...

GET HYPE

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Either or, would be wise for any WHM or AST to be proficient in raiding on both classes due to the shared gear (weapons aside) for healers and play as whatever is safer or more efficient during progression/farming.

Am curious what the buff to Spire is like though, if it's enough to possibly make a BRD/MCH to not need to put up TP at a certain point in the fight when AoE'd.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Don't forget the most important change Kipling.

AST Shields are 50% as effective in PvP. ASTs are now slightly easier to kill than SCHs now.