1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 6 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 53 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 22 hours, 6 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 11 hours, 53 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28

Thread: Dark Knight Discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

i love how short the cooldowns are, too. gives you more shit to do instead of encouraging the "well i might need that later" mindset BITCH HELL NAW TEAR SHIT UP

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

i waffle. i think it's fun in pvp because there's an obvious skill cap there you can use to beast other players. but when i'm doing dungeons or something mundane i really don't want to do whack a mole tanking.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adrianne Lehmen
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

but why would you play drk in PVP when you can play war lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

cause i have a lot more fun on drk than war and i also played a lot of WD where the cap is 50 and drk is very strong.

i also don't necessarily buy into the kool-aid others are drinking when it comes to war being better than drk in 60 cap. a lack of off global offensive abilities means that a good healer can better anticipate and handle incoming burst from a warrior. drk is a lot less predictable.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by AlastorTGN View Post
    Yes!

It's easily the most fun Tank to play, moreso than WAR even. You can't beat the feeling of Dark Passeneger ripping through 8+ mobs at light soeed.
    and when 4+ hits crit, its even better. wish our attacks had at least 20 more base PTC.

It's the sound of it and the way it blasts through at warp speed, though, really satisfying.

I was about to say Carve and Spit is like Fell Cleave but not as strong due to it's other MP regen effect, but I really don't think that'd be any more OP than something like Equilibrium tbh, if C&S was actually strong.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quick question about doing things right on DRK.

Right now my opener when Grit is down is DA+BW > Plunge > Scourge > C&S > HS > Salted > Syphon > DP > DA+Souleater > Low Blow

After that I keep up with the HS > SS > Del or DA+Souleater and keep everything on cooldown. ACT is still not working from what I remember so I've never really gotten to parse myself yet, but something is telling me there's a way better way to be doing this since timers are off a lot of the time.

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

ACT is working