1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 44 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 10 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 23 hours, 44 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Bardmage 3.0     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

use Iron Jaws to re-apply buffed dots
    I'm pretty sure we already established that dots don't reapply with buffs when you use IJ.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's like 0.5 seconds or so and is reduced by SS but as the cast is low already, it's minimal impact. It does mess with oGCDs. Basically you can fit in 1 oGCD between shots instead of 2 and it feels clunky as hell. You have to decide between firing BL or popping a buff. It also means macro BRDs are going to see a large hit in DPS.

It's pretty frustrating watching BL available for seconds but not being able to insta-fire.

It's inconvenient and feels a lot different even if on paper it doesn't sound that bad. Constantly seeing the cast time may be part of that

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by 3.141592 View Post
    I'm pretty sure we already established that dots don't reapply with buffs when you use IJ.
    my point was that you now have buffs up, so you use IJ, which snapshots your current buffs, and applys buffed dots, and then re-apply them again just before your buffs wear off.

SS>WB>VB>WM> start buffing/HS> keep buffing HS> Iron Jaws (this is now adding fully buffed dots)> Barrage/Emp> Sidewinder>HS until buffs are about to drop>IJ again> hopefully another Emp> drop WM.

oGCDs do not have a cast time, they are still instant. Weaponskills have a 1.5s cast time, which IS lowered by Sks. You have an additional 1s to fire off an oGCD betwene your cast end and your GCD reseting.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Judai View Post
    more stuff
    Ah, makes sense now. Tnx.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Judai View Post
    Toggle on/off would be okay and make it usable, but it would still kind of suck.
    If the devs continue to refuse to take Oaths for PLD off GCD, then this is basically never happening.

Maybe it's time to play WAR. lol

Bardmage 3.0

Just a side notes to ARR bard that haven't tried WM.
    This made us like Mage, stand and cast, moving will interrupt your cast.
    However, we are worst... Mages can queue their Spells and oGCDs, but we can't.
    Basically, you have to wait cast reset and press the button. (Mayhaps... SE wants to stop us spam our button for BL...) @.@

Skill Speed wise :
    Recast 2.50 dropped to 2.43
    From 350 (naked) to 501 (at level 58)

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

this is mostly wrong now.

PS I quit bard
    PPS for now

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Even doing that, the approximation was way, way off. It's much better now after the update.

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by chichicha View Post
    Just a side notes to ARR bard that haven't tried WM.
    This made us like Mage, stand and cast, moving will interrupt your cast.
    However, we are worst... Mages can queue their Spells and oGCDs, but we can't.
    Basically, you have to wait cast reset and press the button. (Mayhaps... SE wants to stop us spam our button for BL...) @.@

Skill Speed wise :
    Recast 2.50 dropped to 2.43
    From 350 (naked) to 501 (at level 58)
    Yes we can. The hotfix on the 23rd ninja fixed that.

My question is, if we queue them right, can we still get 2 oGCD's in the time frame between casts?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Sidewinder is almost too good for SE to leave off of Minuet. I think it will get hotfixed soon. >< Only i155 and I can already hit 5700+ crit with it, no minuet. I wonder if you can break 10k with without Minuet with in i180ish gear.

Pretty sure it's been mentioned (if not here then somewhere) that the JP tool tip doesn't specify needing WM to use it.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Something with sidewinder is wrong and im willing to bet its suppose to only work while under WM considering everything else new we got has be be used while under WM besides Warden's.

From the initial results from the crit testing I'm doing, it's very obvious why Bard is under-performing when played as you would in 2.5.

Not knowing the exact intention of WM, it's hard to say, but I imagine its purpose was to bring Bards DPS closer to non-support classes should your group have multiple Bards. The execution of this is, or isn't flawed, I don't know. What I do know is the changes to critical hit (stat) are why your DPS didn't scale at the same rate as everyone elses since critical hit (stat) was your highest weight.

When I finish some more (long) parses I'll feel more comfortable posting the information, but as of right now 44 stat/1% is roughly what you're looking at in terms of raising your crit rate and making Bloodletter useful.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

CovusFortis
    Returned almost a year to the day, what sort of trouble are you going to make this time.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Cleared Rav EX 10x last night for the tokens. I tried various combinations of being in/out of WM, but it still doesn't feel comfortable.
    Is there any point in being in WM for this fight?

Here's my experiences so far:
    The standard WM opener is kind of fucked since he will do the parry skill a couple of gcds in. I can get the barrage emp off, but only if I prepull pop buffs, and no time to get 2 dots and a sidewinder in. So most of the time I just do the emp arrow thing and turn off minuet and run in.

If your group has nice dps, he will only parry once before going to prelude. I've considered just standing at spawn in WM, holding attacks for 2-3gcd during parry, and already being in a good position for prelude. This sounds SO BAD, but the next 2 liberations are great for standing still and dpsing, and I dont want to spend time recasting it.

Normally during prelude I'll doing a repelling shot in to feint to get to the wall without losing too much dps in WM. I'll stay sitting there dpsing during the next liberation and move behind him at the last possible moment. Right around now my barrage is coming back up, so its possible to squeeze in a nice big emp arrow and sidewinder here.

During shell phase I'm not too sure what to do. You have 2 parry phases which is a lot of movement, but during the adds phase you can stay stationary and turret around, and emp arrow is a nice asset to have there. Around this time I'm also recasting foes, so I don't want to spend ANOTHER 3 seconds recasting WM.

Post-phase change I generally keep WM off. There's not too much movement, but there's not enough downtime to recast WM without losing dps.

I'm not entirely sure I'm doing it right. All my instincts feel wrong when I'm in WM, its like having to learn an entirely different class.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I was experimenting a similar way in Bismarck. Even when it felt like I was playing it right, it wasn't making much a difference. /shrug.

The problem is I can't see them buffing it much if at all because it's already fantastic for AoE and an improvement for our opener. Adding AA back would fix it for single target without overpowering it for AoE. Anything else they'd have to get creative for.

Your new "no debuff" skill will negate the slow from being in the wrong position during the first Seeing cast.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

What kind of dps a brd should be doing on Bismarck Ex for example?

My rotation so far (after running much of lvl 60)

Opening
    Straight > IR > VB > RS > WB > HS > EE > Iron J > B4B > HS > Barrage > Empry > SW > Iron J > Flame
    Then HS, SS, Empry and Iron J till any buffs recast is ready
    (BL whenever proc)

Mid of boss fight, I'll do similar, only missing RS, at some points, due to long recast.

Anything comment, please do

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I'm now i180, I have beaten Rava Ex, and have parsed several dummy runs. I see ZERO reason to use WM AT ALL, at this point. I have tried WM, WM opening, etcetc, and it just isn't worth it. In an actual fight it falls behind, no matter how you use it, on a dummy it barely pulls ahead (like 30dps at best but there were times my normal no wm rotation parsed higher)

I now simply do not use WM at all, and just do my normal BRD rotations, with Sidewinder added in.

I'm parsing about 830dps w/o WM(the same with it tbh, lower with it as opener), buttons, solo, no xpots.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast