1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 27 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 18 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 15 hours, 27 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Bardmage 3.0     submit to reddit submit to twitter

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Getting pretty much the same results. I've restricted my use of it to Expert roulette when the tank is actually pulling things.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

What is the DPS like if you pull sidewinder out of non WM though? Assuming its not working the way its suppose to be?

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Cairthenn View Post
    Getting pretty much the same results. I've restricted my use of it to Expert roulette when the tank is actually pulling things.
    This is how I'm treating it too. Undecided if it's better to use even with the small pulls as very few require any sort of movement.

Is everyone just straight up rocking 180 or are people using some of the 160 gear that may be better DPS wise? Without knowing new stat weights it hard to judge and I haven't upgraded that many 180 pieces yet to test.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

You probably can go full i180 now since the crit doesn't scale well atm.
    I have a friend who went from 44% to 26% crit hit rate. I would say best bet is Det and SS until we get into Alexander, but we don't really have the choice with only one set of gear.

Crit isn't any worse now than it used to be, everyone's crit rate is going to be lower because we just went from wearing full dreadwyrm at 50 to wearing full "darklight" at 60.

Just because the reset button has been hit on gear progression doesn't change how crit increases damage or benefits BRD, you just have less of it (as you have less of everything else as well).

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Yeah but seeing those low % on crit hit rate I'd say you can swap the i160 feet for the i180 ones for example. By doing that you're trading crit for skill speed but it doesn't matter much for now.

Well for a 20 ilvl boost in DEX you would generally be using the i180 pieces anyway.

Between that and the fact that SS isn't as awful as it used to be at least. But from the sound of it with WM being as bad as it is (and the DoT increase from SS being so minute) not much has changed for BRD.

On paper SS would be pretty good given the cast time for WSs and the reduced BL frequency from lower crit rate, but if you're not using WM it's just back to a TP drain again really.

Really hope they fix WM, without it BRD basically gets 1 new skill (Sidewinder), 1 old nerfed skill (Barrage), and 1 useless skill (Warden).

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I think the main pieces I was looking at were Neck, Ears and Waist

All 3 i160 pieces have the same stats (33 DEX, 18 Crit, 25 Det)

Compared to the 180 Law pieces

Neck - 36 DEX, 29 Acc, 20 Crit
    Ears - 36 DEX, 22 Acc, 32 Skill
    Waist - 36 DEX, 22 Acc, 32 Skill

I don't know how much we need the Acc though. I guess it could be inconsequential once Alexander is released.

Hm, in my head I was thinking the DEX difference would be larger for 20 ilvls, but stat growth has slowed down with higher ilvls (ie. 100->120 accessory is +5 DEX, 160->180 is +3).

Might be better off with the 160s, but I don't think the results are in on primary stat:DET ratios yet.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Maybe WM was really just intended as a buff to AoE spamming? It sounds convoluted, but I guess it would kind of make sense now that River of Blood procs an AoE reset and you can refresh both DoTs with IJ (but only in WM).

Honestly, IJ should just work like Tri-Disaster and just apply both DoTs without the initial potency, off-GCD.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That would make sense if not for Iron Jaws and Empyreal Arrow being gated behind it. I think they simply underestimated how much we lose in that stance, I doubt the oGCD loss even crossed their mind. In my mind this was just their attempt to not allow us to dodge and DPS effectively to make it fairer compared to other jobs.

It's the same as anything, they probably didn't test it because they know the players will.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Well, my extremely-flimsy logic for IJ being gated behind WM is that DoTs would never, ever be used in an AoE rotation (so no RoD resets) without it. And that's not to say that DoTs are even a good idea with IJ.

But if you make IJ oGCD with a ~15s recast, then you can apply that in the middle of your AoE rotation without too much problem and get free RoDs.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    I think they simply underestimated how much we lose in that stance, I doubt the oGCD loss even crossed their mind. In my mind this was just their attempt to not allow us to dodge and DPS effectively to make it fairer compared to other jobs.

It's the same as anything, they probably didn't test it because they know the players will.

I honestly think somewhere along the way they just forgot how much bard damage came from auto attacks.

If WM didn't add cast times and just traded AAs for the 20% boost and WM-exclusive skills it would probably be fine.

But then BRDs wouldn't be shoehorned into being immobile, thus defeating the purpose (in SE's eyes).

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    If WM didn't add cast times and just traded AAs for the 20% boost and WM-exclusive skills it would probably be fine.
    Without the casting restriction, there's no reason to make it an ability at all; you might as well just make it a LV52 trait, since there would be no reason to turn it off.

The real problem here is that SE can't make up their mind whether they want physical ranged jobs to be casters or not. Either the casting stance does more damage than not using it (in which case BRD/MCH become casters), or it doesn't and it's ignored.

Stop trying to split the baby.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I wouldn't mind being immobile if they gave us the damage to match it.

If you're going the trait root then do it the way someone suggested earlier. Have it build up over time or every GCD you use whilst stationary. Have it reset or reduce every time you move.

Or have it be a designated area you have to stand in like whatever that BLM buff if. If you're inside that area, you get the buff, if you're outside it you don't. Can only move it like every 60 seconds.

Or maybe have it be 60 sec recast / 60 sec duration but every time you move, it lops off 3-5 seconds of the duration.

Cast time are completely the wrong way to go with making BRD have limited mobility. There are far better ways to do it without changing the very core of the job.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...45#post3089145

translation from reddit (http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen..._bards_minuet/)
    Wanderer's Minuet:
    Development team is aware of the following:
    Generally, DPS is larger when not under Minuet.
    Bards' specialty of "Ability to attack while moving" is impacted when under Minuet, hard to see benefits of being in Minuet.
    Unwieldy to change stances.

Due to the degree to which the above points are felt by the community, especiallty the first point (Less damage in Minuet), the development team is looking into changes.
    They're looking to change the effect (but not increase damage too much), make it easier to switch between stances, and reduce the difficulty and general clunkiness with the current Bard.
    Warden's Paean:
    Generally treated as hard to use/low value, development team is looking into it.

Bloodletter Bug:
    Fixed in hotfix.

Also a bit about waiting for player feedback from Alexander before committing any further changes

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

What was the Bloodletter bug?

Good to know they will actually address it. It seems they also understand that the issue is the effect rather than the damage too. So hopefully the fix is an actual fix rather than just upping the damage increase.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alethea Khethys
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    What was the Bloodletter bug?

Good to know they will actually address it. It seems they also understand that the issue is the effect rather than the damage too. So hopefully the fix is an actual fix rather than just upping the damage increase.
    The bug was that you'd occasionally use Bloodletter in WM and become unable to attack at all until the cooldown reset (either by proc or 15s). Only happened to me once, but it sucked.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

What are the odds of SE overdoing this a bit and BRD/MCH becoming our new DPS overlords? Mobility and high damage all in one?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast