1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 55 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 13 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 20 hours, 55 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Bardmage 3.0     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Low.

The point of WM was to limit their mobility, they're gonna keep the cast times no matter what.

My money is on increasing WM damage another 5% and making it an oGCD stance with a decent length cooldown to limit how often you can toggle it.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Low.

The point of WM was to limit their mobility, they're gonna keep the cast times no matter what.

My money is on increasing WM damage another 5% and making it an oGCD stance with a decent length cooldown to limit how often you can toggle it.
    Due to the degree to which the above points are felt by the community, especiallty the first point (Less damage in Minuet), the development team is looking into changes.
    They're looking to change the effect (but not increase damage too much), make it easier to switch between stances, and reduce the difficulty and general clunkiness with the current Bard.
    Sounds like they are look to fix it by other means than upgrading the damage of Minuet

They've gotta up damage directly somehow, cause even on test dummies WM is none too impressive.

Black Belt
    BG Level

give auto-attacks back at half damage?

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I think a good chunk of the damage loss is due to the reduced ability to weave BL and other oGCDs. As such, if they reworked Minuet to be a timed-buff instead of cast time, that should accomplish the goal of caster-type restrictions.

For example, instead of giving a cast time to WSes, WM turns off auto-attack and gives you a 20% damage buff if you've been standing still for 2 seconds; the moment you move, it disappears. Then you can do the same oGCD weaving as ARR.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I still like the idea about WM being a pseudo-passive that increases damage up to a set cap that resets upon moving (it's been floated around Reddit and elsewhere many times). Provides incentive to stand your ground, gives you the flexibility to move when needed, but there is none of the shitty stance swapping. Hell, it can be an active buff as well.

1) Wait for boss to toss out targeted AOE mechanic
    2) Pop buff
    3) Max damage during safe window
    4) Move if next AOE is on you (thus ending buff) or continue standing ground and plunking away

Bardmage 3.0

I don't use ACT, can anyone tell ?
    When WM and any other songs up, do they drop your damage 20%?
    By eyeballing, I don't feel the dmg has dropped after Requiem is up with WM.

P.s. I quite agree with Judai to go without WM. however, I saw that video in Ravana Ex (posted by Yugl), the bard has WM up full time. Guess that he is leeching?! :D

Requiem doesn't lower your damage under any circumstances >_>

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Maybe they could make the new abilities castable, and the old ones instant as usual and let crit DoTs proc bloodletter under WM. This way brd could be decent DPS again without being overpowered.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Alternatively they could upgrade Bloodletter procs to be Sidewinder procs instead if you have WM up. That's a pretty large incentive to keep WM up.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Detozi Deis
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by chichicha View Post
    I don't use ACT, can anyone tell ?
    When WM and any other songs up, do they drop your damage 20%?
    By eyeballing, I don't feel the dmg has dropped after Requiem is up with WM.
    Your lack of understanding is disturbing. WM increases your damage by 20% while ceasing auto attacks and adding cast times to weaponskills. Foe's does not affect your damage in any way. Paeon and Ballad decrease your dps by 15%. All this information is available in game by hovering over the ability.

Bardmage 3.0

My bad to disturb...
    To Clear it... I'm mainly asking (put aside Auto-Attack).

WM 20% up,
    Ballad or Paeon -15%

Weaponskill damage -
    1) 5% up when both songs up (by simple math )
    2) WM completely overwrite Ballad/Paeon and gives your Weaponskill 20% dmg up.

From Judai's test -
    WM standstill - around 890 dps
    without - around 860 dps (has mobility)

If it's Number 2) - (with simple math) with Ballad/Paeon up :
    WM standstill - around 890 dps
    Without - around 731 dps

Of course, number 1) are bad for both situations.

This is where I come from to ask my original disturbing question to ACT users.

Thank you.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

There used to be a rough, but basic formula of 1 dex=??crit hit=??acc, etc. I'm trying to judge at this point the value of speed skill and determination in comparison. Thanks!

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

They changed the crit formula (if I read the interviews/live letters/patch notes correctly). It now affects crit damage and not crit frequency (? still a bit hazy on this). Maybe it is still tied into frequency but at a smaller rate. In any event, I am sure that the old formulas that related dex/crit/acc are skewed in a big way.

It effects both, so far the effect of crit stat on crit damage has been so low as to be relatively immeasurable, same for SS and DoT damage.

It's about 10^-1 as powerful per point of Critical Hit stat as it is for Critical Hit Rate, I'm not sure I follow it being relatively immeasurable.

Right now gear is terrible, when current raids/content is cleared, I could easily imagine a scenario where you're able to give yourself ~1000 Critical Hit stat which would not only be a decent Critical Hit Rate but ~1.67 Critical Hit Damage.

Even now in i180/i190, if all main stats (eg, how you would optimize if you wanted Critical Hit stat) were Critical Hit, you'd be at ~890.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So, the higher I go with NIN, the more irate I get. I just hit 35 and got access to Raiton. So now I have a 360 single target ability on a 20 second timer. But BRD is limited on Sidewinder... 150 potency on a 60 second timer. NIN isn't really that bad off as far as mobility either. The full time movement speed buff is really helpful... SE needs to be a bit more fair with BRD/MCH, lol. No wonder I see so many NIN around.... this job is OP as fuck.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Sidewinder is only 150pot if you're doing it wrong. Realistically, it's 350.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

3.01 Changes:

the Wanderer's Minuet
    ・Action category has been changed from spell to ability.
    ・Damage increase has been increased from 20% to 30%.
    ・Cast time has been reduced from 3 to 0 seconds.
    ・Recast time has been increased from 2.5 to 15 seconds.

Empyreal Arrow
    ・Potency has been reduced from 240 to 220.

Sidewinder
    ・Potency has been reduced from 150 to 100.
    ・Potency when target is suffering from either Venomous Bite or Windbite has been reduced from 250 to 175.
    ・Potency when target is suffering from both Venomous Bite and Windbite has been reduced from 350 to 250.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Well, I wonder how much better this makes it now. Easier to toggle on and off at least.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast