1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 51 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 8 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 14 hours, 51 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 19 hours, 8 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Bardmage 3.0     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Judai View Post
    stuff.
    ^Pretty much this.
    Stance dancing is a complete waste of time if you don't have a short down time during the battle, where you can't attack the boss and quickly put up the Minuet for a short burst. Otherwise it's a loss.
    I agree with the most ppl in here, drop Minuet after the opening burst. In fights like Ravana Ex where you have to move almost constantly Minuet is a plain loss of dps.
    The biggest disappointment for me tho, is that Iron Jaws applies a new snapshot on the dots.
    I'm still kinda hoping that there is some amazing badass rotation for this crap that we just didn't figure out yet... but yeah... compared to other classes BRD seems pretty fucked atm.

In my opinion, Crits -> skill speed -> determination.
    Second that.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

**Potentially just a bug with my parser.

Just as a general idea of how far off ACT is parsing for us right now (it's pretty bad):

Windbite unbuffed total damage on dummy, no crits:

Actual: 1677 (93 DPS)
    ACT Estimate: 528 (29 DPS)

Windbite: B4B, Raging Strikes, Hawk's Eye total damage on dummy, no crits:

Actual: 2525 (140 DPS)
    ACT Estimate: 831 (46 DPS)

So essentially 1/3 of what it should be for DoTs, at best. This isn't even maximizing skillspeed, either. I'm just sitting at i160ish.

If you're just using Windbite on a fresh parse ACT has virtually no information to go off of to estimate your stats to approximate your DoT damage.

I think that's the issue you're having.

Try again but do a few Heavy Shots, then do a Windbite.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It's the same.

Even my full parses have the DoTs at this damage, idk.

Something very odd going on for it to be that far off, is your plugin up to date? Are you parsing network data?

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

they completely changed the calculations for dot damage, the guy even said in the act thread he has to figure out the new calculations before it will read dots properly

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Judai View Post
    My small sample testing on dummies as a Lv60 BRD shows a 30dps increase with fulltime WM, and that's simply standing there. In a real battle with actual movement, the DPS increase will disappear. Currently, I personally open with WM and get dots/barrage>emp/side/re-apply dots with IJ> turn off WM and I am generally done with it, unless my buffs are up again and there is short downtime to re-apply it.

People have suggested the popular "stance dancing" but to apply it mid fight, you take your normal shot>wait until gcd is up(2.5s~), sing for 3s, shoot which takes 1.5s~w. That's at most 7s of 0 damage, at best prolly like 6s. and completely unacceptable. WM in it's current state is pretty near worthless, it will need a pretty big buff of some kind to be viable imo.

It's nice to see some big numbers here and there, and Barrage> Emp is great but overall, it's pretty awful. It's kind of sad how badly SE implemented the new BRD skills. I think some of the BRDs who are saying it's amazing are just getting fooled by the big numbers, and not actually parsing.
    Based on this, I think I'll just use WM for openers and possibly AOE situations. The TLDR of most reputable BRDs is: WM produces an insignificant DPS gain, and potentially a DPS loss in high movement encounters, for a considerable amount of extra effort.

The ability has to be buffed / changed at some point (beyond the obvious locking abilities glitch).

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Does anyone know how they could 'fix' it? A few of the ways I can think of are (all independent, not combined)

1. Buff the damage increase from it.
    2. Allow it to be toggled on/off by having it oGCD
    3. Remove the movement restriction but have the bonuses / accessed abilities potency be directional
    4. Remove all restrictions on it, have it just be a normal song
    5. Remove AA restriction but have it pseudo-bind you, moving cancels the buff and forces you to reapply if you want to put it back up

Although option 1 would seem most probable if they do anything at all. I just worry it would only like be a 20 > 25 change whilst taking away sidewinder access outside of WM.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

IMO the best fix would be to change WM to give you stacking damage buff the longer you stay still. Thus we can keep the same instant/oGCD playstyle, while having increased damage when we are stationary.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Would a 5% bump up to WM be enough to make it usable? How much would you need to bump it? Because I don't think we'll see any significant overhaul to it.

Quote Originally Posted by emmgee View Post
    IMO the best fix would be to change WM to give you stacking damage buff the longer you stay still. Thus we can keep the same instant/oGCD playstyle, while having increased damage when we are stationary.
    This.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

5% boost wouldn't be worth it.

Toggle on/off would be okay and make it usable, but it would still kind of suck. I would prolly toggle in while buffs come up, use IJ to immeadiatley get buffed dots up, use side/barrage>emp/re-apply dots w/ IJ and use emp again before buffs wear, and then drop it.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

It would be a better solution but I can already see problems arising from how and when the buff applies itself. If it works off of the global tick timer you can run into a scenario where you are standing still for 3s but then have to immediately move right when the buff would happen thus losing out on the damage even though you technically stood still. With current WM you would be able to get the bonus damage because those 3s spent standing still would end with you finishing the charge on an attack and then moving.

If they could I think taking a page from Monster Hunter's siege mode would be interesting. While in Siege Mode you can't move at all but you effectively get an attack boost and a firing speed boost. If you need to dodge an attack you can "roll" out of it to regain your mobility. I don't really know how they could implement a roll mechanic in XIV (pressing siege mode again does a backstep in a direction that's based on your camera?) but I feel that would work to give the feeling of trading power for mobility.

They could have made it so every WS adds a stack of increased damage until you move.

Or made stacks proc off of River of Blood.

And given a skill that instantly adds full stacks on a cooldown (BRD perfect balance).

Or completely scrapped the idea and made a different skill (I like this one).

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Wanderer's Minuet: Weaponskills now add a stack of "Precision" which increases damage dealt by 5% per stack to a maximum of 25% at 5 stacks. Stacks are lost upon movement.

Something like that? I can dig it.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

btw, I see a lot of brds open with buffs/ss/buffs/apply dots etc like normal while in WM, this is a waste

if in WM put SS and dots up, then as dots are about to fall off, hit your buffs, use Iron Jaws to re-apply buffed dots, barrage>emp>side> re-apply dots with IJ before buffs drop again. (btw, if you are with a ninja, this usually falls in line with Trick Attack and you get buffed dots/barrage emp and side all off with TA dmg buff as well)

Quote Originally Posted by Voyage1970 View Post
    Wanderer's Minuet: Weaponskills now add a stack of "Precision" which increases damage dealt by 5% per stack to a maximum of 25% at 5 stacks. Stacks are lost upon movement.

Something like that? I can dig it.
    It's actually kind of similar (not really) to an idea I had for BRD a while back. I play BRD on my alt and the thing I've always hated about it most is button mashery for BL procs (I swear my controllers would last twice as long if I didn't have to).

-Change River of Blood from resetting BL recast to giving a stacking buff that increases BL potency by 100 per stack
    -Max of 5 stacks (650 potency), if you get 5 stacks before BL recast is up the recast is instantly reset and the icon lights up (like SS procs)
    -Barrage changed to instantly giving 5 stacks and resetting BL recast

Basically it would change River of Blood procs to be worth 100 potency rather than 150 but you would virtually never waste them and BRD would finally get a nice powerful "blamo" WS instead of Misery's End being the biggest numbers they could generate. The best part being you don't have to stare at BL and/or button mash it all day (which I never found deep, complex, or fun, it's just twitchy).

Honestly this idea would pay off even more with WM since you wouldn't have to constantly try to fit BL in between cast times, and removing the twitchy nature of BL procs leaves room for them to add more complicated/interesting mechanics to the job.

Bit of a tangent but it just happened to come to mind.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I think this is a good idea, but the problem is that new WSes are designed to be gated behind mage gameplay. So the best compromise I can think of is to add cast time to Emp/SW/IJ.

It's clunky, but this game has already demonstrated that the devs have no problem discarding general system rules in the name of barance, so I don't think it's that bad.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Question since I'm won't be able to level brd for quite a bit: Does this new stance completely shit on the fact that brd constantly uses oGCD abilities like bloodletter by effectively removing oGCD via cast times?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Similar question to above: How long is the charge time on weaponskills with WM up, and is the charge time reduced with skill speed?