1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 13 hours, 10 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 10 hours, 49 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 6 hours, 10 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 3 hours, 49 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Bardmage 3.0     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Btw maybe a stupid question, but how big is the difference between lvl50 and lvl60 dummy parse? Worth getting the higher lvl one?

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah, but it seems like I spend a LOT more time looking at my hotbar on MCH than I did as a 50BRD.

On BRD, I really only kept track of SS procs and Blunt/Repelling CD (sometimes Meditate, depending on the fight). After initial volley, I used a macro for B4B/RS/HE/IR/Barrage, and I spammed my BL+ME macro between GCDs.
    On MCH, even if you put B4B/RS/HE on one button that you spam at intervals, you need to track Reload, Quick Reload, Reassemble, Rapid Fire, Wildfire, Gauss Round, Ricochet, Blank, Overcharge, and stun/silence, as well as watch for combo procs. And you can't really even 123 on procs because (depending on order) you have to switch to 12132.

The only real improvement is that instead of tracking SS/VB/WB, you only have to track Hot Shot and Lead Shot?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Part of that is familiarity, I've had 2 years of raiding with bard to get good muscle memory and sense for the cooldowns. But with WM it kinda throws all that out the window due to single-oGCD. CDs dont line up anymore, bloodletters get delayed, etc. In alexander there's also a lot of opportunities to multi dot, which also takes more micromanagement, again mostly to gcd congestion. It's going to take some time to relearn.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I had no real issue learning how to use wm, and multi-dotting is even easier with iron jaws, the job is still awful and more of a pain in the ass to play then actually fun.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

I'm having fun

It's really sad when I look forward to getting capped at 50 because it lets me play BRD again.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The thing is, despite us all being majorly unhappy I'm not certain SE will do anything about it. I'm generally finishing in the top 2 in the parses for Alex right now so they might just go 'Damage seems fine, fuck their whining'. It's not fun to play but the damage isn't as bad as what it was.

I've got no problem with the damage thus far, but doing good damage is secondary to having fun.

Bardmage 3.0

I'm doing NIN, at the least my right hand side slots are ready for its 60.
    After that I may level SCH , along with SMN.

Btw, last night at Alex farming, I did play the style with Empry Arrow follow with Iron Jaws. Both made about time my DoTs reapply before wearing, and I won't miss a single Empry , when its up.
    Not sure this is good, but at least I do spam my Empry whenever it's up. ^.^;

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Is Hive Bow + Alexander Prototype gear BiS across the board? Or are there any slots where Asuran > Prototype?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
    Is Hive Bow + Alexander Prototype gear BiS across the board? Or are there any slots where Asuran > Prototype?
    Only one set of 180 and 190 armor, so yeah, we don't really have multiple sets to choose from yet. Hive Weapon + Alex 190 armor, + 1 180 ring since the rings are unique. Unless you wanted to do something like get an i190 VIT ring. <.<;

Bardmage 3.0

No choice to keep 180, the gap of dex between is pretty obvious, although I don't like the number of crits and skill speed from ilvl190.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    It's really sad when I look forward to getting capped at 50 because it lets me play BRD again.
    Lol yeah I still try to squeeze in high lvl and trial roulettes on my brd so I can play nostalgia 2.0 mode. Really sad that's the only option I have for that anymore.

I honestly feel so lost in this expansion. It took me so long to decide on a main, and since I only play hard core on my nights off, I wanted to just have one main to really stick with and gear up. Now I'm in between monk or warrior now. Possibly DRG. Sigh.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I spent all day today on DRG; think I am saying adieu for the time being. Actually makes me kind of sad as I was RNG going back to like 2004 and have always loved the ranged physical DPS class archetype.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by chichicha View Post
    No choice to keep 180, the gap of dex between is pretty obvious, although I don't like the number of crits and skill speed from ilvl190.
    Thanks everyone, that's pretty much what I was getting at, is DEX king of all? For example, Prototype hood of aiming v. Asuran hachigane is 5 more dex, but 30 less crit and 7 less acc. Just wanted to make sure the 5 DEX trumped that.

I'm riding BRD to the bitter end, although joining a group in progress and having someone say, "oh god, a bard" feels really great...

As far as I know, DEX is primary stat that you are looking at.
    Crits, Skill Speed and Det are debating for 2ndary stat.

P.s. 5 Dex = 5 physical dmg. Directly shown on your character window.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Remember there's a huge chunk of Det on the hood of aiming too. It might be devalued now but it's not useless.

Either way, definitely go with the ilvl 190 headpiece.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Thanks, that all makes it simple enough.

Re: Alex Floor 4
    Base on my bard exp, I found that max. 2 brd/mch, to get it done. Any run more than 2, to save your time - boss' move will wipe you for taking too long to kill.
    Sorry to inform you on this...

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Casca Wolftamer
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I've done floor 4 with 3 brd and a blm yesterday. No trouble.

We did struggle a bit on floor 1 until everyone got into the move.

Changing to drg myself as I dont have fun on brd anymore.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast