1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 19 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 10 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -1 hours, -41 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Bardmage 3.0     submit to reddit submit to twitter

ilvl 90:
    Bow - 41
    Melee - 46

11% difference

ilvl 210:
    Bow - 68
    Melee - 76

11% difference

Bard and MCH still in need for MP refresh in these Savage fights.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They can also raise the damage done by other members. And I'm also sure all clears so far had a MCH or BRD in them.

Cardiac Cat
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airlea Ocelot
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

I actually got bitched at for using paeon because "you're gimping your damage." Cuz you know, we can't gimp the worst dps in the name of boosting everyone else. Fking ppl.

Also been kicked.at the beginning of DF twice simply for being a brd. Good times.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I'm not worried cause I switched to MCH, which is way less stressful for me and so much easier to move/oGCD imo.

Faust is 5500 dps, it's not THAT bad that BRD/MCH need to hit 1400 or anything, just need some decent dps from Tanks/Healers to meet it. (healers early on)

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah I was working off the initial numbers where people were saying 6500 DPS. 5500 DPS shouldn't be too bad as the BRD can get away with only doing like ~900-1k DPS

Bardmage 3.0

How is that dropping from 6500 to 5500?
    Last night I went in as NIN, our party did 6.3k dps and that bitch still not down.

@ Gadritan : yup, bard reputation widely ruined by our beloved SE. I'm now only going Brd or Mch with group of friends. Never bother to join PF with these jobs, cause the end result of failed run - they pointed their finger at these jobs, ALWAYS!

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by chichicha View Post
    How is that dropping from 6500 to 5500?
    Last night I went in as NIN, our party did 6.3k dps and that bitch still not down.
    because ppl don't understand when you cleave adds with aoe, you inflate dps. check Faust only dps needed, it's 5500

also, 990k / 3m is 5500dps

That's good to know!

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

but isn't his enrage 2.5m making it 990k/150s meaning 6600 DPS to kill? it's not about the inflated DPS but I thought his enrage was 150secs. If it's 3m not counting the period after the enrage where everyone can scamper and frantically throw their last hits, then the check is MUCH more manageable.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Ismenian View Post
    but isn't his enrage 2.5m making it 990k/150s meaning 6600 DPS to kill?
    He casts Pressure Increase around the 2m35s mark, so yes.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Filthy casual question for someone (not me, mind you!) that started Heavensward weeks behind:

- BRD i179
    - No Ravana
    - Meh food/no potion

What kind of honest (not "gifted", honest) dummy/easy'ish fight DPS you'd expect ? Single target, obviously.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Well let's say you have 1 SMN + 1 BLM in your party and even better if you have the SCH dps'ing, there's absolutely no reason to not have a BRD in your party. The BRD can pull 900-1000 dmg and have foe up for almost the entire fight.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Couple of questions for you BRDs on A1 Savage:
    1. Are you trying to keep DoTs on both Oppressors or just focusing the one you're assigned to? It seems like it would be a DPS improvement, but the couple times I tried it, I didn't notice much of a difference.
    2. Are you typically stance dancing out of WM for picking up your add to bring under the laser?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Cutest
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

@soho
    I just apply 2 set of dots when they come out/dissapear after coming down from their jumps but I do not refresh on the 2nd one, just keep the one I'm assigned to etc. yes on stance dance for adds (add dots without wm, then put back on).

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    @soho
    I just apply 2 set of dots when they come out/dissapear after coming down from their jumps but I do not refresh on the 2nd one, just keep the one I'm assigned to etc. yes on stance dance for adds (add dots without wm, then put back on).
    ^ This for both.
    It also kinda blows my mind that multidoting now became your worst enemy. When I start my usual rotation in dungeons and dot 3 mobs, I can't use anything else than BL. It's hilarious and sad at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Soho View Post
    Couple of questions for you BRDs on A1 Savage:
    1. Are you trying to keep DoTs on both Oppressors or just focusing the one you're assigned to? It seems like it would be a DPS improvement, but the couple times I tried it, I didn't notice much of a difference.
    2. Are you typically stance dancing out of WM for picking up your add to bring under the laser?
    1. dotting both oppressors is a noticeable dps increase, it's only a single gcd to swap to the other oppressor after you get your initial dots up. you can even maintain a full set of dots on the alarum that tick fully while refreshing dots on the oppressors.
    2. i stay in WM the entire fight, you can maneuver using stutter stepping/repelling shot just fine to get the add where you need it.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

What's the general consensus on how many mobs = you are DOTing each v. pure quick knock/RoD spam?

What have you found to be the highest DPS opener?

Thanks in advance

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I'm not sure what other people are doing but I'm liking this:
    Prepull Foe Requiem->Owl's Eye Battle Voice
    Straight shot(Raging+B4B)
    Heavy shot(IR+Wanderer's Minuet activation)
    Venomous Bite(Bloodletter)
    Windbite(Barrage)
    Empyreal Arrow(Sidewinder)
    Heavy/Str Shot(anything)
    Heavy/Str Shot(anything)
    Iron Jaw (I don't remember how many Heavy you can do before you have to Iron Jaw before IR falls off. I try to time Iron Jaw to start casting @3 seconds left on IR)

Hopefully someone comes in with something more potent. My biggest struggle is Barrage->Empy->Sidewinder. That's technically 3 ogcd in a row but I have no option but to delay Sidewinder until heavy spam.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I do this. I don't parse or hang out with any other good bards, so idk how it compares. It's similar, but with WM activated later. Buff rotation is also different, though it's just because that's what I've gotten used to rather than any practical reason.

Foe/Battle(B4B)
    Straight Shot(Raging+IR)
    Windbite(Hawk Eye+BL)
    Venomous Bite(WM+BluntArrow)
    Heavy(Barrage+Empy)
    ...waiting on empy to finish...
    Heavy/Str(BL or Sidewinder)
    Heavy/Str(BL or Sidewinder)
    Iron Jaws before IR falls off

Sadly, I don't really have any more oGCD room to easily throw in Quelling for shit tanks like I used to.

I don't know why you don't just slot Sidewinder in after the next heavy, rather than before.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
    What's the general consensus on how many mobs = you are DOTing each v. pure quick knock/RoD spam?
    I tend to DoT 3 or 4 things before spamming Quick Nock, but it's hard to say what's best.

I still see people spam purple rain sometimes, and I cringe. I don't even have that stupid ability on my bar anymore. It must be so depressing now for new bards to hit lv50. What's this ability I just got? Oh, it's garbage, don't use it.