1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 27 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 32 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 13 hours, 27 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 20 hours, 32 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Bardmage 3.0     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Barrage description says it only works with single-target WS so I would assume not. Though with all the translation errors in descriptions and tooltips I don't feel comfortable saying that with 100% accuracy.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Hit 60 last night. I can confirm that it does not. Its basically only for emp arrow, or heavy shot if you're not in WM.

The biggest disappointment is that WM is not even really a DPS increase. Myself and other bards have parsed ourselves on dummies and the difference between WM and normal mode is negligible, and not being in WM is much more viable when you have to move ever.

One of the big problems with WM is the butchering of oGCDs, they are just waaaay to clunky in this mode. You'll end up either wasting bloodletters or delaying a lot of GCDs, most of the time both. Right now the only time I use WM is for aoe packs and for openers on bosses.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Did not realize SW was an ability and not a weaponskill. Thanks so much for clarifying Raldo.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by emmgee View Post

The biggest disappointment is that WM is not even really a DPS increase. Myself and other bards have parsed ourselves on dummies and the difference between WM and normal mode is negligible, and not being in WM is much more viable when you have to move ever.

Right now the only time I use WM is for aoe packs and for openers on bosses.
    You're doing it wrong then. It fits in very nicely at the end of the old rotation. Only use it to EA/IJ/SW (also BL/SS proc if they coincide) every 15/30/60 sec intervals and then deactivate WM. You will notice a huge difference. I'm not saying its easy... In practice, it is insanely difficult to find a flow. But with all the practice I got from 54-60, I feel very comfortable doing this now. Though, when I can't find my flow on certain fights, I still want to flip tables.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Really a lot of the issues could be fixed if switching between WM stances didn't take up 2 GCDs. They should make it oGCD and like 15 second recast or something.

I haven't tried to toggle it off by clicking the buff (works on PLD Oaths) but I assume it doesn't work. If it does work, I guess that's ok as that's only 1 GCD to toggle on then off.

Although that would probably put us in the cycle of toggling it on every ~15 secs to use Empyreal + Iron and then toggle back off.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Fish View Post
    You're doing it wrong then. It fits in very nicely at the end of the old rotation. Only use it to EA/IJ/SW (also BL/SS proc if they coincide) every 15/30/60 sec intervals and then deactivate WM. You will notice a huge difference. I'm not saying its easy... In practice, it is insanely difficult to find a flow. But with all the practice I got from 54-60, I feel very comfortable doing this now. Though, when I can't find my flow on certain fights, I still want to flip tables.
    How is this optimal with a 3 second cast time? You have literally ~1/5 downtime.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    I haven't tried to toggle it off by clicking the buff (works on PLD Oaths) but I assume it doesn't work. If it does work, I guess that's ok as that's only 1 GCD to toggle on then off.
    Does re-clicking WM not just automatically drop the buff without eating a GCD, like any other song?

If not, what the heck does your character do when removing WM? Does it just eat a GCD and be like, welp, now you get to stand there doing nothing for a couple seconds.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Does re-clicking WM not just automatically drop the buff without eating a GCD, like any other song?

If not, what the heck does your character do when removing WM? Does it just eat a GCD and be like, welp, now you get to stand there doing nothing for a couple seconds.
    No, you can't right click it. You eat the oGCD. I'm genuinely curious on numbers but I really cannot see switching in and out being optimal with the downtime you're enforcing upon yourself.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

You've never been able to click off songs. Always had to wait for the gcd to come up.

Also, bwahaha much loves for the thread rename.

Just to remind - barrage works on venom and wind bite.
    Careful on button you press when u activate it.

At dungeon the vault, by eyeballing at last boss -
    The fireball stage -
    I significantly find that with WM I can kill fireball faster than non-WM.
    I'll try again today for comparison.

For all the while, in dungeon, I used WM for AoE mobs and starting of boss fight and whenever Barrage is up. I find that it's doing quite ok. Like many others mention - it's just play style is completely different and need to take time to learn a new play style. (Luckily I have been playing BLM quite often that I'm not too hard to get use with Bardmage :D )

Iron Jaws question -
    How do we know this will extend the internal release effect? (If my first V/W bites applied with IR)

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

We really have no idea at this point.

Something to keep in mind for your parses that I completely forgot: ACT doesn't have a way for accounting for Skill Speed affects DoT at this point.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Any use for Paean? We tested that it does not prevent WAR's Berserk from pacifying themselves and are at a loss as to what else it is good for at the stage it is obtained (58-60).
    We didn't have a bard in the group that we downed Bismark Ex on, is it possible to prevent stacks from going onto the party when hopping over?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Generally speaking the effect has to be Esuna-able.

I've heard Iron Jaws applies a new snapshot, doesn't keep the buffed DoTs like Contagion.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Any other BRDs finding little glitches here and there with WM? I go in and out quite often, only using it for 3+ mobs and boss pulls/barrage being up. Sometimes I get "stuck" where I can't perform ANY ws. Definitely in range, facing mob/boss with no obstructions, even the TP cost numbers are blue and I can't perform any action on the target (I can buff/sing tho). Anyone else seeing this or did I actually go crazy doing all those damn moogle quests?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Yes its a widely reported bug.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

My small sample testing on dummies as a Lv60 BRD shows a 30dps increase with fulltime WM, and that's simply standing there. In a real battle with actual movement, the DPS increase will disappear. Currently, I personally open with WM and get dots/barrage>emp/side/re-apply dots with IJ> turn off WM and I am generally done with it, unless my buffs are up again and there is short downtime to re-apply it.

People have suggested the popular "stance dancing" but to apply it mid fight, you take your normal shot>wait until gcd is up(2.5s~), sing for 3s, shoot which takes 1.5s~w. That's at most 7s of 0 damage, at best prolly like 6s. and completely unacceptable. WM in it's current state is pretty near worthless, it will need a pretty big buff of some kind to be viable imo.

It's nice to see some big numbers here and there, and Barrage> Emp is great but overall, it's pretty awful. It's kind of sad how badly SE implemented the new BRD skills. I think some of the BRDs who are saying it's amazing are just getting fooled by the big numbers, and not actually parsing.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Are parses without Minuet accounting for the fact that Sidewinder being used outside WM is most probably a glitch that will be fixed? If the lack of Sidewinder makes non-Minuet DPS closer to Minuet DPS then I could see them simply raising the damage buff to about 25-30% and calling it a day. That and making it not a song but an oGCD stance toggle would go a long way to making it actually useful.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Casca Wolftamer
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I was wondering what stat weight gonna be now for brd, I'm guessing something like Det -> skill Speed -> crit ?

What would you guys think ?

Huh? Why Det?
    Many has been complained SE nerf Det...

Did I mis-read something there?

In my opinion, Crits -> skill speed -> determination.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

For clarification, Iron Jaws applies a new snapshot of DoT on your target. Windbite and Venomous Bite damage will be calculated with the buffs you have on as Iron Jaws lands.

Adding small amounts of skill speed while in WM seemed to almost increase the damage from DoT 1:1.. It's definitely noticeable.