1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 46 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 13 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 20 hours, 46 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 13 hours, 13 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Bardmage 3.0     submit to reddit submit to twitter

This will now be toggle on/off for Empryeal Arrow. The dropped on Potency is not that bad, direct math -
    Before 20% on 240 -> 288
    After 30% on 220 -> 286

The impact on Sidewinder, however is huge.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

So would it be best to just pop this when you want to apply iron jaws and empryeal arrow and just leave it off for everything else?

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Seems needlessly tedious, IMO. Also, no more 4k sidewinder crits :/
    Note: I'm still not in full law gear yet so inb4 lol4kcritgetgudscrub

Imo, I think it's recast works with Empryeal Arrow.
    It just makes you busier beside button spamming. lol

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Deader2818 View Post
    So would it be best to just pop this when you want to apply iron jaws and empryeal arrow and just leave it off for everything else?
    Only worth it for emp. arrow, really. The time you spend manually reapplying your dots is the same time you'd spend turning on wm and casting iron jaws. Plus wouldn't you lose an auto attack or two in there? I was happy just not using wm at all, honestly. I'd turn it on out of boredom, or trash in the vault or other big pull dungeons, and just turn it off and ponder it's existence. Honestly, wm just takes the fun out of bard, for me at least. Wondering about switching mains now.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Fhloston View Post
    Seems needlessly tedious, IMO. Also, no more 4k sidewinder crits :/
    Ikr... I came twice yesterday after critting for 7,4k on Ravana. Welp, no more big numbers for us again lol

@changes: Well dang, really didn't expect then 10% buff. Didn't do the math yet, but atm it looks like it's no longer the question of "if I want be in minuet", but of "how I can be in minuet for as long as possible".

Not sure that's pointless
    This link from Reddit, before 3.01 test with WM.
    His parses tell that WM full time gives highest dmg.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme..._wm_no_wm_and/

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by chichicha View Post
    This will now be toggle on/off for Empryeal Arrow. The dropped on Potency is not that bad, direct math -
    Before 20% on 240 -> 288
    After 30% on 220 -> 286

The impact on Sidewinder, however is huge.
    No point in stance dancing with a 15s recast on WM.

<rant mode on>

In my opinion the problem with WM is not the damage - the damage IS bad, but a potency buff won't fix it. Its the playstyle that is a complete mess.

Bards have a shit-ton of oGCDS, and this flowed well in 2.x because we were a double oGCD class. You can no longer double oGCD in WM. This means your bloodletters and/or buffs get delayed like crazy in WM. Its a very clunky feeling to before.
    Also bards have no way (outside of crossclass feint lol) to mitigate a forced movement phase. Bards in WM are actually LESS mobile than summoners now, which is ridiculous. Now that being outside of WM is a huge nerf, toggling wm on/off doesn;t seem worth it unless you have to be moving and attacking for like 10 seconds straight.

Compare it to machinist - no bloodletter nonsense, and a variety of ways to get instant casts in GB - saving ammo procs, rapid fire, reloads

The problem is that it feels like a machinist ability that was tacked onto bard.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

If it's still not worth full timing, you're basically looking at looping this:

oGCD WM
    Iron Jaws
    Empyreal Arrow
    HS/SS x 5
    Iron Jaws
    Empyreal Arrow
    HS/SS
    Drop WM
    HS/SS x4

If movement is going to be an issue in the next 15 seconds, continue your normal rotation.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by chichicha View Post
    Not sure that's pointless
    This link from Reddit, before 3.01 test with WM.
    His parses tell that WM full time gives highest dmg.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme..._wm_no_wm_and/
    Yeah, I just edited my post. I'm at work and got busy, and was in edit mode for like an hour or two, lol. Still not happy on being forced in to mage-mode.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Seriously fuck SE. Their solution is to lower non WM mode and slightly increase WM mode? If I wanted to play a mage I'd fucking level BLM. I think I'm done with BRD and will just go back to tank. This has seriously pissed me off

The change would have been fine if they left Sidewinder as is

idk, the changes are exactly what I expected. Prior to this casting WM, refreshing dots+doing big deeps was a DPS gain over the heavy shot+auto attacks you'd miss for the cast.

Now you don't even lose time casting and your buff is even stronger. I can only see this as a win.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Seriously fuck SE. Their solution is to lower non WM mode and slightly increase WM mode? If I wanted to play a mage I'd fucking level BLM. I think I'm done with BRD and will just go back to tank. This has seriously pissed me off

The change would have been fine if they left Sidewinder as is
    Amen. Even worse if you got your zeta on bard like I did, but, the process is easier now so oh well. Prolly back to monk for me.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The issue is that they have changed how Bard fundamentally plays in a drastic way. I liked playing BRD for two reasons: 1) I liked the mobility and 2) I liked how it flowed with oGCDs. And I was willing to accept the trade-off of less damage than other DPS because of those 2 things.

But for me there's now no incentive to play BRD. They took away its mobility without giving it the same damage as other DPS. And if you want that mobility back you're so far behind other DPS that you're weighing the party down. So why bother even playing it? May as well play a melee DPS or BLM or SMN and have the same mobility issues but do way more damage.

This change is just forcing us into using WM mode and if we are forced to use WM, I would rather have the associated penalties of WM and do more damage by playing a different job entirely.

And as a 1.0 ARC player, it has just been 1 dick punch after another every single balance change from then until now. I can't think of any time where we haven't either being pushed down the DPS totem pole or given an unfavorable change.

EDIT: And perhaps most importantly, playing in WM mode just isn't fun. It feels clunky and inefficient.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

WP works on berzerk now

Quote Originally Posted by emmgee View Post
    WP works on berzerk now
    See, prior to this info, I was considering not taking a Bard/MCH at all unless the healers REALLY (not just but muhmana) needed MP. Now they aren't so bad.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    The issue is that they have changed how Bard fundamentally plays in a drastic way. I liked playing BRD for two reasons: 1) I liked the mobility and 2) I liked how it flowed with oGCDs. And I was willing to accept the trade-off of less damage than other DPS because of those 2 things.

But for me there's now no incentive to play BRD. They took away its mobility without giving it the same damage as other DPS. And if you want that mobility back you're so far behind other DPS that you're weighing the party down. So why bother even playing it? May as well play a melee DPS or BLM or SMN and have the same mobility issues but do way more damage.

This change is just forcing us into using WM mode and if we are forced to use WM, I would rather have the associated penalties of WM and do more damage by playing a different job entirely.

And as a 1.0 ARC player, it has just been 1 dick punch after another every single balance change from then until now. I can't think of any time where we haven't either being pushed down the DPS totem pole or given an unfavorable change.

EDIT: And perhaps most importantly, playing in WM mode just isn't fun. It feels clunky and inefficient.
    Bolded for how i feel yet i cba slogging another class up to 60 since it looks to be a right ol' grind + no other dps really takes my fancy and i suck at healing/tanking, granted WP doesn't feel as bad now that its insta-cast but still being on GCD is just plain annoying but i did manage this on Faust full timing WP, not overly impressive since only i174 and it being a simple patchwork fight
    Spoiler: show

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I am wondering if they broke brd, I am getting about 150-200 less dps out of WM then I did before. Either they somehow ninja nerfed us so that we would look like we were way better in wm or something is messed up but maybe I am just missing something. (I was doing 830dps out of wm before, now I am doing 630-700...)

unless sidewinder nerf was that big a nerf to non wm brd but I don't see how it could be just that.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Important questions for me:
    1) Does turning WM off trigger the cooldown, or just turning it on?
    2) Can I turn off WM during the cooldown by clicking WM again, or do I have to right-click the buff off?
    3) CAN I right click the buff off?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

1. just turning on.
    2. no, can't turn it off at all.
    3. no, needs to be hit on the bar.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast