1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 34 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 25 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 12 hours, 34 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -3 hours, -35 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Bardmage 3.0     submit to reddit submit to twitter

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

*yoshida voice* perhaps if your warrior would spec vitality, like our dev team who very well knows the game, your bard would do more dps than them. we will continue to ignore the real reason wm sucks for now. please look forward to it.

lol that's amazing voice out...
    Yup, I agreed with Judai that we worked so hard yet our dps won't be reasonable. Plus the fight mechanic and etc ... Definitely mess your planned rotations big time while dodging...

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Judai View Post
    BRD is basically a clusterfuck of shit atm and it's still pretty shit dps compared to other jobs, I hate it atm, it's not in the slightest bit fun. I have no problem not being best dps but I don't want to have to work this hard, for shit dps and it pisses me off I can't handle every mechanic while dpsing well. My choices are shit up my dps and take off wm, shit up my dps and add feint to my bar, or try to work even fucking harder and stutter step around. It's just an awful combination of stupid shit atm and my WAR is outdpsing me on half the shit we do anyways cause he just fulltimes Deliverence now.
    Our BRD just changed to NIN. Wants no part of this clunky fuckery; already on strike two and it just doesn't look like it's getting better.

I cannot believe that anyone who played BRD with any kind of dedication or drive for maximum performance actually gave their OK to this, in the dev team test environment (inb4 we're the testers). The basic core of BRD just doesn't fucking fit into this concept they're adamantly pushing, unless we're suddenly to assume you'll be forgoing all your procs while stance dancing ineffectually.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairthenn View Post
    *yoshida voice* perhaps if your warrior would spec vitality, like our dev team who very well knows the game, your bard would do more dps than them. we will continue to ignore the real reason wm sucks for now. please look forward to it.
    Throw some usage of the word "balance" in there to try and justify this shitshow, and it's true to life. Also some shit about "muh songs" and maybe "balance" one final time as he realizes you're not buying it and distracts with plushies or some dumb casual bullshit.

But surely they'll get it right. It's not like they can keep falling into the trap of making any job remotely fun to play less fun through positionals or any other annoyance they can concoct. They can't keep falling into a mess of conflicting design ideologies that makes things a goddamn chore and just sucks the fun and enjoyment out of a job.

Spoiler: show
    They're going to add directional "bonuses" to everything; none of it will even remotely flow together well and be compounded even worse by Wanderer's. Then they will consider the matter closed.

Please look forward to it.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

How are you guys parsing on alex? I did a lot of 3/4 farming last night.
    My best on A3 was 794 on a 7:01 parse. Best A4 was 849 on 5:57. Both unmerged, no DRG.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Made the mistake of checking out of official bard forums on their opinion. Never. Again.

"Lol it's a good change get used to it" then later " OK I'm not a bard but I still don't see why you're all crying"
    Or
    "Bunch of shitty bards in here you guys can't math" then "I mean I don't have bard leveled but with these changes I think I will now"

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah the official forums are fucking awful. Every time I see someone chirp in that's it's a good change as BRD needed their mobility stunting it makes me facepalm. All the non-BRDs think we're complaining due to losing mobility and do not understand at all how it affects oGCD's. I even see people say we only have 3 oGCDs so it shouldn't be an issue.

I don't care about being stationary, I want to actually be able to play my job and use the abilities without having to constantly delay them. It feels like I'm playing Hatsune Miku rather than FFXIV with how many button presses you have to make and how much you have to focus on hotbars. It's ridiculous.

Like I mathed out, if Misery's End is in play then you have to weave a oGCD in between 75% of your shots. 55% if Misery's End is not in play. That does not account for Bloodletter resets or singing or the mobs becoming untargetable. Like how on earth did anyone think this was a good idea? It's like the designed the ability for MCH then just tacked it on to BRD without thinking of the implications.

Right now my stance is 'I'm not playing BRD until they fix it' which is a shame as I've played ARC since 1.0. Even when they nerfed us from best DPS to worst in 1 patch in 1.0, I was less disappointed than I am now.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Do they purposely ignore the people who are telling them that they've done a shitty job on brd or is the playerbase (which doesn't have a clue about what doing dmg means) just too loud?

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

For those who have moved on to different jobs, what are you choosing? I've been contemplating SMN or DRG. PLD is my main still.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oliver Queen
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Staying loyal to BRD but DRK is gonna be taking a step up.

After I finish BRD to 60 on my alt I might give MCH a try at least, but my interest with the game overall is waning very quickly, I don't know if I'll have the patience to level another ranged DPS not only from 50-60 but from 30-50.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm going to PLD. None of the other DPS appeal to me and it's a need for our static as our existing PLD wants to switch to DPS.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    For those who have moved on to different jobs, what are you choosing? I've been contemplating SMN or DRG. PLD is my main still.
    Not BRD, but I would just do MCH for a different flavor. Inevitably people will decide one is better than the other and a change of hats might be enough to distract from the homogenization. Maybe not.

Between SMN or DRG I would go SMN just because it also gets you SCH.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Gonna stick to BRD for a while aswell, leveling MCH atm just to see how it works. Otherwise I'll prob switch to a melee dps. DRG was fun before and since my static doesn't need WARs atm (my secondary), I'm gonna roll with it, if BRD becomes fuckin unbearable in Alex Savage and MCH is no fun.

MCH just seems like a more mobile BRD without Bloodletter procs.

Ammo usage is supposed to be "strategic" but outside of your opener when all your CDs are up it's utterly simplistic.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

How is it any more mobile? Their Gauss Barrel is identical to WM. Damage boosted by 30%, cast times added, auto-attacks removed. I haven't touched MCH, so I only know what it looks like on paper, and I'm struggling to see any mobility differences.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    How is it any more mobile? Their Gauss Barrel is identical to WM. Damage boosted by 30%, cast times added, auto-attacks removed.
    I thought they had more abilities to force instant casts from what I was told. Not a MCH so I wouldn't know, though.

Rapid Fire removes the cast time from their next 3 WSs and the procs for their main combo remove the cast times as well.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Sounds like that's what they could've changed Barrage to...
    (I don't actually know if that would be a net improvement though)

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Having played both, you have a lot more freedom of movement behind on-demand rapid fire and reloads. You can even 'save' a random proc if you think you might need to move.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Monk was my first 50 so I'm trying that to 60 first. Maybe warrior, then something new after.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast