FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Won't be for long won't have time to play during the weekend
    Me either, and I need to get back to Star Ocean for a night.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Me either, and I need to get back to Star Ocean for a night.
    I wonder where we are story wise, says game is about 20h I think i played 7-8hish so should be nearing 50%

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

So either i'm

1) Bad
    2) Underleveled
    3) Didn't prepared well enough

But the boss in the Fridgid cave rekt me

Spoiler: show
    The boss that causes space distortion, he can easily attack twice before you even get 1 turn lol

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    So either i'm

1) Bad
    2) Underleveled
    3) Didn't prepared well enough

But the boss in the Fridgid cave rekt me

The boss that causes space distortion, he can easily attack twice before you even get 1 turn lol
    Yea, fuck that boss. First time I tried it I had aeterna and setsuna getting 1 shot everytime they got targeted. Switched parties to tankier chars with aura spamming and slowly chipping away at it to win.

I completed the game, and this was the only storyline boss I lost to.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm going to start posting any recipes I find from here on out for others. The ones I don't miss anyway.

Kir's Village(before you leave)

Twisted Potato Soup - Light Elemental Resistance

Boy sitting on the ledge on the east side of the village.

Ingredients

Twisted Potato
    Cloud Pea
    Thunder Rock Salt
    Red Basil

Deep-fried Crystal Lettuce - Evasion Rate

Man in the Southwest corner of the village, up the stairs, by the chest.

Ingrdients

Crystal Lettuce
    Philosper's Garlic
    White Sunflower Seed
    Thunder Rock Salt

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Royburg(after you save the villagers)

Horse Oak Casserole - Magic Defense

Old woman in the house just east of Julienne's house.

Ingredients

Horse Oak Mushroom
    Black Courgette
    Blizzard Bean
    Eternity Layer

Snowbell Mushroom Stew - Magic Attack

Blonde lady in the bar.

Ingredients:

Snowbell Mushroom
    Sunset Citron
    Icicle Kelp
    Lampwort

Royburg Tomato Juice - Time Elemental Resistance

Blond man in the Southwest part of town between two houeses.

Ingredients:

Fog Tomato
    Hermit's Ginger
    Cloud Rock Salt
    Cup Perilla

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Finally going through all my spritenite. Seeing what combos I have access too. So many good techs at this point lol, I can't choose who I want to use from here on. XD

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I really wanted to like this game, but it's just such a fucking mess. Story has had very little pull, including entire sections where you're just stuck in this "wtf are we doing and why do none of the characters even seem remotely shocked?" stage and characters that I really just don't care about, other than Setsuna and Kir. The balance of the game is entirely out of whack. I dunno exactly how far I am, but the base Cure spell that Setsuna starts with is more than a full heal on anyone, AoE combos or even just some of the AoE techs completely destroy entire groups of trash effortlessly, then you run into a boss that one shots anyone or everyone. Fun. Hell, most of the techs in the game are nearly the same text. Attack target and damage enemies around them. K...

The entire talisman system is just awkward and extremely redundant. You get SO many that honestly have just no real benefit, unless you want to grind for hours to build up a specific fuse on a single tech. The entire premise of advancement seems to be to just get one with as many slots as possible, and if you want to pay attention to it, decent fuses. With the RNG behind them sticking though, it just becomes a crapshoot.

If you're not at it yet, have fun with Stout Sheep. When I was like 12, an hour long boss fight was cool. Now, I've got shit to do and don't feel like taking down 100k HP because two of it's five moves heal it for more than I can safely do in a turn, with one being a HoT that heals 799 a turn. Fuck that noise.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

I ended up using a provoke counter strat for frigid caves boss. One shot him but the first round is pretty sketchy. Had i'd known that he could do a ton in a single round i might have swapped. He will out right one shot setsuna with most of his attacks.

Also, agreed the talisman system is really unnecessary. I mainly didn't even bother with grinding or bonuses. I checked how many slots it had and went on my merry way. I don't know what is up with cures in the game. They are way too powerful or i'm doing something wrong and should have another 3-400 hp.

I didn't mind the story. You could call just about every event before they happen. The story was passable.

I'm surprised your so low going into that fight. I was around the mid 30's range with hardly any grinding.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I've been messing around with tech combos and notices something on the wording of some techs. If the decription says " deals damage to all enemies near the target" for most stuff you might as well consider it a single target tech. Or, at least, nowhere near as powerful AoE as a tech that actually says "all enemies".

I was using Desperation earlier. The 6 hits are only on the main target, and the enemies "near the target" only got hit once.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Hioki View Post
    I'm surprised your so low going into that fight. I was around the mid 30's range with hardly any grinding.
    Sorry, the sentence in context prolly didn't come across right. I meant when I was like age 12, with no responsibilities and able to zone out on games all day, stupid long/gimmicky boss fights weren't really a bad thing. All of my characters are low to mid 30s for that fight and each time I just seem to stall out due to healing move spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Sorry, the sentence in context prolly didn't come across right. I meant when I was like age 12, with no responsibilities and able to zone out on games all day, stupid long/gimmicky boss fights weren't really a bad thing. All of my characters are low to mid 30s for that fight and each time I just seem to stall out due to healing move spam.
    Just a heads up on this fight if anyone is having trouble.
    if you use a momentum blowbeat he will be stunned for most of the fight. He only healed once for me and it was all over in a few minutes. I imagine without the stun it would have been hell

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fallaci Isalie
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Surprised how short this game was, still enjoyed it though.

Blowbeat was pretty much my solution for every boss/trash fight lol. I think I only died to the wolf boss on the airship... Probably because I didn't use blowbeat lol. I realised how awesome Wall was too late in the game - made the last section of bosses a joke :/

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Trying to avoid spoilers, I haven't been reading the thread. I encountered a strange...bug, maybe? on the Fridging Caves boss

My party for Aurorean Tiger was Kir, Setsuna and Julienne. After the first round or two my party stopped taking damage from him at all. All 0 no matter what element or attack he was using. I thought perhaps he was just supposed to be easy, but looking around it doesn't seem that's the case. I was constantly using the combo Antipode Blast, and it was doing 800 - 300 to him every time, only took a few hits with it to take him out.
    I already saved afterwards so I couldn't try again (not that I would really want to)...but has anyone had something similar happen on this boss?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aumaan Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Not on that boss, but I had a situation where a different boss suddenly started doing 0 damage with several different usually-high-damage attacks to everyone for a few rounds before returning to normal (and pounding me into the ground like a stake). It was just as he changed from one "mode" to another, and the boss you're talking about has a similar mechanic, so maybe there's some corner case bug with that kind of behavior and recomputing stats or something.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

So I beat it yesterday and absolutely loved it. Toward the end I got lucky with a few flux activations that made some bosses a joke though.

Overall thoughts/questions on story:

If you choose not to swing your sword at Setsuna does she die? The dialogue and ending made me think so, but if so, why even give a choice?

With Endir stuck in the past, who does he become? With him wandering in the snow, I kind of thought maybe the guy wandering to the West of Floeberg Waters... but that guy talked about not trusting the merchants.... (speaking of which, that never really paid off, why shouldn't we trust them?)

Overall, I loved the story as it didn't overcomplicate itself too much. I also enjoyed a lot of the twists (Nidr being Setsuna's father/Aeterna being a created being), and that the climate was actually a product of the story (the snow being the previous sacrifices).

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aumaan Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Story spoilers etc
    If you choose "don't swing" it doesn't play the "swish" sound effect, but that's the only change. It's the same "choice" you're given in the initial scene at the monument, so I guess it's supposed to provide symmetry. Endir's situation is ambiguous, but it certainly looks like he's left in the past to me. The tower he's approaching looks distinct from the available towers in the game, so I guess he's off to a new adventure or whatever.

The Spritnite Guild stuff is semi-dealt with in one of the optional side plots you can do now (one per character, neat but don't expect too much additional plot resolution).

It's not a perfect game, and some of the way the plot gets handled toward the end annoyed me, but overall I'm very happy with it. I see a lot of complaints elsewhere about the only-piano music and only-snow climate, but I thought they both added a lot to the somber atmosphere and plot.

I did get the feeling I was playing FF10, if they'd scrapped Tidus and made Kimahri the main character, here and there, though.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aumaan_Kujata View Post
    Not on that boss, but I had a situation where a different boss suddenly started doing 0 damage with several different usually-high-damage attacks to everyone for a few rounds before returning to normal (and pounding me into the ground like a stake). It was just as he changed from one "mode" to another, and the boss you're talking about has a similar mechanic, so maybe there's some corner case bug with that kind of behavior and recomputing stats or something.
    Interesting, guess it must be a bug. Thanks!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

http://operationrainfall.com/2016/08/02/i-am-setsuna/

So it seems Tokyo RPG Factory took some financial losses in the realm of ~250 million yen.

While I'm not sure how much of that is getting the company up and running and how much of it is development costs for it being their first title, I just hope SE doesnt say "Fuck It" and scrap the group entirely.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

This game was fun all the way through. Once you get a few support fluxes (crit dmg/rate, and flux bonus), every combo deletes.

Shame it did not do well; I would like to see them do another one better.