FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Super Mario Maker (WiiU/3DS)

The Mario experience of your dreams has arrived and is bursting with creativity…including yours! Play a near-limitless number of intensely creative Super Mario levels from players around the world. It’s easy enough to create your own levels with the Wii U GamePad controller that it may feel like you’re simply sketching out your ideas on paper, but you can now bring enemies and objects into a playable course in ways you could only dream of before. What was impossible in traditional Mario games is now impossibly fun, so let your imagination run wild! The ultimate evolution of Super Mario Bros. is here!

Features

• Play a near-limitless number of Mario levels created by Nintendo and players around the world.
    • Create your own Mario levels by using the Wii U GamePad controller touch screen to add enemies, blocks, pipes and more.
    • Break the conventions of traditional Super Mario gameplay by blending enemies, traps and items into unexpected twists, like Piranha Plant-shooting cannons, power-up-tossing Lakitus, or even Hammer Bros. riding on Bowser while bouncing on trampolines..
    • Touch control, instant editing and a robust online ranking and search system makes creating, playing and sharing a seamless process.
    • Switch between four distinct themes, each with different art styles and features: Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario World, and New Super Mario Bros. U.
    • Transform into different characters at random with the new Mystery Mushroom item. Expand the roster of possible characters by completing 100 Mario Challenge mode or tapping compatible amiibo.
    • Tap a 30th Anniversary Mario amiibo figure to the Wii U GamePad controller to add a Big Mushroom power-up to your course!
    • Each retail copy of the game will come with a special booklet that offers fun ideas for designing courses.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Maybe it's just me, but I'm a lot less excited for this game now that I realize it's a $60 game.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but I'm a lot less excited for this game now that I realize it's a $60 game.
    I think it could be really good depending on who picks it up and starts making stages, but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy it until it's had time to grow and certainly not at $60.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I'm just wondering how many flawed Kaizo levels are going to be made that can't actually be beaten.

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnus View Post
    I'm just wondering how many flawed Kaizo levels are going to be made that can't actually be beaten.
    Probably a lot, but none of them will be able to be shared. From what I understand the creator has to beat the level before they can upload it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Gimme Metroid Maker, Nintendo.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

My son has been raving about this game which prompted me to check it out. I haven't bought a new console in 10+ years, but this looks awesomely fun. My kid is almost assured to get this game when it comes out though, so next time I visit, I'll just play with his. Maybe that will be the push I need to buy something more current. But probably not.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I'd say don't get the WiiU. I have one, and while some games are fun I'm mainly disappointed with it.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    I'd say don't get the WiiU. I have one, and while some games are fun I'm mainly disappointed with it.
    And yet will probably end up with the most interesting games like almost all nintendo platforms. It's worth the investment especially if you are fond of any nintendo series and to avoid the meme, Splatoon is actually pretty damn fun for a shooter.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

It's a pretty damn repetitive shooter. I'm still salty I spent $100 on it between the game and amiibos. And interesting is subjective. Woolys world is interesting, but it's also boring as fuck after a short while. That's how most Nintendo games have been on the WiiU sans MK8 imo.

BG's most likeable Québécois

BG Level

I'm saving my WIIU till the innevitable announce that Zelda has been shifted to NX

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Wii U will be worth it for Xenoblade X and Genei Ibun Roku ♯FE

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Forget Zelda, just wait and see what they do to starfox. If it becomes nothing more than a director's cut of a N64 game then give up on the WiiU now.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

BG Level

Looks good, but fuck he was bad lol

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Looks good, but fuck he was bad lol
    My thoughts exactly. "No not that way you dumb fuck! You can't get through those blocks yet! No, you cant damage boost through all those piranha plants... god dammit go the other way!"

BG Level

Anyway game looks really fun and i kinda want it now, but

1) 69.99 (lolcanada) is pricey
    2) I have 0 imagination to make levels, so i would only be able to play others levels which brings back to point 1 a bit

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast