1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 7 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 52 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 0 hours, 7 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 9 hours, 52 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I've read some reddit discussions about using gauss barrel in a roation being 1-2-1-3-2-3 = regular rotation with no reload (using quick reload on the last 2-3 if no proc ) then with ammo doing the 1-2-1-3-2-1-3-2 = using reload (using quick if didn't need it on the 1st set ) rotations and doing high dps with it, what do some of you think about gauss barrel? I feel that I lost some DPS with it on all the time opposed to just using it for a quick AOE burst.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    See, that's actually a good combo system, the caveat being you have to forgo any and all other WSs during it, meaning if your DoT and buff timers don't like up right you either need to waste TP refreshing them too soon (then use reload) or waste damage by letting them fall off.
    This really is the true problem with the job and it can only be corrected by changing Hot Shot and Clean Shot.

And the DoT shot, whatever it's called.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    This really is the true problem with the job and it can only be corrected by changing Hot Shot and Clean Shot and Lead Shot.
    fixed

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I actually believe the potency boost works on Lead Shot as well. If not, it should.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    I actually believe the potency boost works on Lead Shot as well. If not, it should.
    Only the initial hit, which still makes it wasteful.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Has anyone tried using Straight shot on MCH? I'm curious if it will help with overall DPS. :O

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

If you could, I'm sure everyone would. Sadly, it is only cross-classable for classes, and not jobs.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Well shit, this website lies then. http://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/MCH

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Wow, yeah. You also can't cross-class Venomous Bite, and you certainly can't set any of the BTN/MIN skills. Looks like someone copy pasta'd a bit too much.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

That site was probably just assuming that this game follows its own rules, which would normally mean that MCH can cross-class ARC's cross-classable abilities.

Unfortunately, those plans got hit in the head with a rail.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I would argue that the game is following its own rules, since no other job who cross-classes BRD actions gets access to Straight Shot either.

I know you think that's a stupid limitation, and I agree with you, but it's not unprecedented.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Presuming you mean "no other job who cross-classes ARC actions," the reason why BLM and SMN don't get access to Straight Shot is because it's a weaponskill, which mages can't use. THM, CNJ, and ACN suffer the same restriction, and it applies to every cross-classable weaponskill from every class.

In contrast, GLA, MRD, PGL, LNC, and ROG (i.e. classes that can use weaponskills) can all use Straight Shot. This is yet another "THM cannot use Cleric Stance" or "ARC cannot use Goad" completely-arbitrary limitation implemented solely to keep people from using too much creativity in how they want to play.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Interesting, that's further down the cross-class action rabbit hole than I've ever bothered to look. Definitely didn't know that bit about Weaponskill / Spell limitations.

Hit lvl 37, clean shot comes in...
    How did you guy setup your screen to make sure the proc won't slip out from your eyes?
    I was completely focus on my button to make sure I didn't miss the proc lol

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I listen for the proc sound, personally. Do the same with slug.

Machinist - New Headless Running DPS

Wow... I just realized, MCH is quite similar to Bard... lvl52 Skill is same as Bard's...
    (By reading xivdb data base...)

MOST RAD.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pupuru Puru
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

It takes forever to kill single world mobs for quests or when walking around. I can't seem to parse higher than tanks even in 50 cap dungeons. Reading around I'll try gauss barrel open then drop but I don't think that's going to cut it. Guess I'll quit when I hit 60 in favor of a different DPS unless SE incorporates changes.

Is Gauss Barrel instant cast?
    Not like Bard's song casting?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Gauss Barrel has a cast time to use, so yes, it's like bard song casting.