1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 39 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 11 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 22 hours, 39 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So what really needs to be fixed? I think we can all agree that Hot/Lead/Clean Shot should not use ammo. Do reload timers need to be reduced? Should Gauss Barrel still have auto-attack?

I'm always wary of "just increase potency!" changes; that's a very blunt way to solve a problem.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I posted some of my ideas a few posts back. Hot Shot should be removed from GCD. Suppressive Fire should be given 20-25 yalm range. Remove Clean Shot from ammo and give potency boost to compensate.

Reload and Quick Reload is fine how it is, only that it shoehorns players into using them as part of the Splitshot rotation. In turn this shoehorns Rapid Fire into being in conjuction with Wildfire and Reload for burst damage.

Without touching Reload or QR cooldowns, one of the reloads (Quick) should be boosted to give added effects as well, such as longer duration debuffs, or make the stuns unresistable, given the short durations. This gives more utility to those other skills that will soon to be neglected in dungeons. Of course, they should continue to be fully resisted by monsters that resist effects normally.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Increasing Split shot proc %? I think that's what they did with BLMs initially.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I would actually like to see the 100pot damage removed from Blank (put it on shared timer with heavy/bind) and have Head Graze/Suppressive Fire become 200pot attacks. I can't even use a knockback ability without a stream of salty tears coming from the frontliners, so I'm basically just throwing 200pot/min in the trash.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I also posted a while back that they could indeed increase the percentage of Split and Slug Shot -- make it gain a stacking bonus after every failed shot by 10%, allowing it to stacks to at least 80% chance. Successful shot would proc Slug/Clean, and reset the chance to 50%.

They get to keep the RNG meta and slightly increase DPS.

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    I would actually like to see the 100pot damage removed from Blank (put it on shared timer with heavy/bind) and have Head Graze/Suppressive Fire become 200pot attacks. I can't even use a knockback ability without a stream of salty tears coming from the frontliners, so I'm basically just throwing 200pot/min in the trash.
    I still dont understand the tears coming from people on the use of Blank. For the focused mob, you can effectively stop AoEs if they are resisting stun/silence. If it's a secondary or tertiary mob you can effectively knockback and bind or heavy the mob, freeing up some damage being dealt to the tank for 10-20 seconds. Such tactics should be a godsend for parties who can't AoE burn or handle 3+ mobs.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    I still dont understand the tears coming from people on the use of Blank. For the focused mob, you can effectively stop AoEs if they are resisting stun/silence.
    I can't think of many mobs that resist stun/silence and have undodgeable AOEs that are interrupted by knockback. And even in that scenario, that rationale doesn't really work if you're trying to use it on CD for the extra DPS.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Been leveling MCH, only 38 atm, Split Shot is boring as hell, lol. But I do like the opening I have for bosses, seems to be really powerful according to threat meters. Too bad I don't have room or Quelling Strikes.

Hot Shot > Raging Strikes > Blood for blood > Hawk's Eye > Lead Shot > Rapid Fire > Reload > Split Shot > Slug Shot > Reassemble > Clean Shot > Split Shot > Slug Shot > Clean Shot > Split Shot(until proc) > Quick Reload > Slug Shot > Clean Shot.

I can't wait until I can add Wildfire into it, should be nuts.

@ 45 My rotation starting with boss -
    Toss Pet
    Hot -> Raging -> Lead -> Haweye -> Split -> Blood -> *Split -> Rapid -> *Split -> Wild -> *Split -> Quick R -> #Split -> Reload -> Slug -> Split -> Reassemble -> Clean -> Slug -> Clean
    *if anything proc, use them
    # - this just me ... I'm still at 12132 mind. At this point, I have to ignore any proc to carry on, before Wildfire goes off.

This for burst damage. Which I'm quite satisfied.

Normal Rotation :
    Keep Hot/ Lead Shot up, Split till proc, when Slug and Clean are both up, remember to Clean before Slug, to get a second Clean chances.
    In between GCD, I'm just tossing anything like suppressive/heart/blank. And while waiting for Reload, I used once Quick R.
    Wildfire is a bit debating, most dungeon mob died before its exploding. Only if you are not attacking same mob... But most tank/healer will tell you to stop that. *sad face* lol

You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    I can't think of many mobs that resist stun/silence and have undodgeable AOEs that are interrupted by knockback. And even in that scenario, that rationale doesn't really work if you're trying to use it on CD for the extra DPS.
    I meant building up resistance.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I decided to mess around on NIN a little bit... Sqeenix really does have mad hate for ranged DPS, lol. When you start MCH at LVL. 30 you have a 140 potency WS that chains for 180 potency with only a 50% proc rate. At LVL. 1 I started on NIN with a 150 potency WS, and by LVL. 4 I had a WS that combos with it for 200 potency 100% of the time.... I mean, really... come on SE, throw ranged DPS a bone, lol.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

MCN (and BRD) also have traits that buff their damage all the time though, so their slightly lower potencies aren't telling the whole story.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    MCN (and BRD) also have traits that buff their damage all the time though, so their slightly lower potencies aren't telling the whole story.
    Good point, but that still doesn't quite balance out the 50% proc rate on Slug Shot/Clean Shot combos.

EDIT: Actually, those action damage traits aren't giving BRD/MCH as much as much of a bonus as you think. NIN gets 20% Attack bonus from stances. BRD/MCH only get 30% tops. So only really have 10% over that. That's assuming the second action trait stacks with the first and isn't just an upgrade to it. Then they are even.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Can anyone confirm if MCH is piercing damage?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Don't have SS evidence for it, but can confirm via testing with a DRG on hand that MCH deals piercing damage.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    I decided to mess around on NIN a little bit... Sqeenix really does have mad hate for ranged DPS, lol. When you start MCH at LVL. 30 you have a 140 potency WS that chains for 180 potency with only a 50% proc rate. At LVL. 1 I started on NIN with a 150 potency WS, and by LVL. 4 I had a WS that combos with it for 200 potency 100% of the time.... I mean, really... come on SE, throw ranged DPS a bone, lol.
    ...and they can combo it with a 3rd WS for 320 potency just for being behind the mob? Yeah... that's not OP. I'm officially sold on Sqeenix and their hate for MCH after playing around on NIN, lol.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    Actually, those action damage traits aren't giving BRD/MCH as much as much of a bonus as you think. NIN gets 20% Attack bonus from stances. BRD/MCH only get 30% tops. So only really have 10% over that. That's assuming the second action trait stacks with the first and isn't just an upgrade to it. Then they are even.
    And even then, BRD/MCH have lower WDMG than everyone else.

Literally every iLVL190 weapon in the game is D72, unless it's used by ARC/BRD/MCH, in which case it's D65.

Bows have always had less physical damage than melee weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Ranged DPS aren't supposed to hold up to melee DPS.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

They also have less damage than tank weapons.
    And caster weapons.
    And healer weapons.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbyprime View Post
    Gauss Barrel has a cast time to use, so yes, it's like bard song casting.
    Gauss Barrel once had an instant cast under Rapid Fire. But it seems like that was ninja fixed (or broke'd?) during the maintenance earlier this week. My prior strat with it was to only use it in conjunction with Rapid Fire and click it off upon its wear, but it's so annoying to try to use now.

I sometimes will cast it in anticipation to open with Gauss Shot for the next pull, but its not seamless at all as I can't buff with Hot Shot prior.

EDTI: In response to damage discussions above. @ 59, I see DPS averaging ~410. I sometimes out DPS DF DRG/MNKs. Emphasis on DF.