1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 10 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 49 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 17 hours, 10 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 16 hours, 49 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    I think MCH is more comparable to FFXIV's version of lolPUP on first release.
    Fair enough, I'll take that one.

At 52, running Dusk Vigil.
    Used GB with Wild Fire, dmg from Wildfire can really tell this GB not worth it...
    Don't quote me...
    Without GB same rotation I used for Wildfire, I can get range 1.4 to 1.7k on Final Boss.
    With GB same rotation, my max Wildfire damage at 1.2k, sometimes is even worse... Below 1k.
    How sad to see the fact like this...

I'll keep on getting this to 60, but definitely I'm not using it for anything... I meant anything.

Same lvl 52, my BLM can kill level hunt bills mobs with little difficulty.
    MCH will die before killing them. Sigh...

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

To those that are parsing at 60: what do your MCH/turret splits look like compared to LV60 SMN/pet splits?

The fact that Gauss Barrel doesn't affect turret damage seems like an oversight.

Not really, no buffs effect SMN/SCH pets except pet buffs.

Black Belt
    BG Level

has this been posted?
    http://www.jeuxonline.info/actualite...apan-expo-2015

Yoshida: (laughs) We heard that many players believe the DPS machinist is rather low, however we did testing by the development team and the machinist job can make very big damage. I am sure that many players use this software to measure their DPS, but it is possible that the software is not updated or that the rotation of skills used by the development team and the players is different. At present, we are looking where does this difference.

I really want to be careful on this. We understand that people complain that the machinist DPS is very low. There is a big difference between the figures provided by players and those provided by the development team, which nevertheless has a high game experience and an excellent command of the machinist job. So we try to understand if a mistake has been made ​​towards the development team in calculating the DPS or if the players are just not yet used for the machinist Heavensward is released it a few days ago , which is probably not enough to master the job. So we are trying at present to find out where the problem is and whether problem or bug there really has, of course we will correct it. But we are not yet at this stage, we just try to search and analyze why this happens.

As for the machinist, its role is similar to that of the bard ie support for team members. So compared to a pure DPS as a monk or a ninja course DPS machinist will be lower because their roles are different. With the arrival of Alexander next week, we are really happy to receive feedback from the players

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

If that article is to be taken at face value, all this talk about MCH getting buffs tonight is wishful thinking.

I don't understand what part of the rotation we are supposedly missing.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Golly, look at this MCH dps, it's fantastic. If only you had the proper tools to analyze it. No, you can't have them.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Isn't this the EXACT comment they made about 2.0 WAR?

Also, shouldnt they know by now that the hardcore FFXIV community is better at the game than the Devs are? They always seem shocked how quickly the harcore tier clears content.

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yep. The comment made about WAR was very similar. "Its fine for us. You guys just aren't playing it correctly". Then a month or so later, a patch drops that revamped the class and actually made it worthwhile.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I honestly would not be surprised if for some reason their testing environment had some sort of bug that made the 50% proc rate on Split/Slug shot activate more frequently which would by proxy vastly inflate their DPS numbers.

Alternatively they are so bad at playing their own game that they are using sub-par rotations on other DPS classes as a bookmark for MCH DPS which is why they think it's fine.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Well, as previously explained, their DPS rotations are the foundation for how they tune all content (based on expected group DPS for iLVL, sans healer DPS). So either they are correct and We Are Doing It Wrong, or their dev testers are garbage and pickup i160 parties will completely obliterate all turns of Alexander on day 1.

2.0 WAR doesn't really tell you as much about WAR's performance as it tells you that 1) they severely underrated PLD (they didn't expect PLD to be able to push through T1 stacks without doing feed mechanic) and 2) if enough people complain about something, they'll fix it anyway.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Their records will never match ours because we use vastly different strategies, and honestly it seems SE never push the jobs to their limits when testing.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Well, they have their healers stand there instead of DPS'ing... soooooooo they probably expect MCH/BRD to look pretty while singing / channel surfing on their turrets

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The part that confuses me is that they seem to acknowledge that Wanderer's Minuet is not working as intended, yet MCH is just hunky-dory. I don't see how both of these things can be true,

Little Mother
    BG Level

It's pretty much exactly what they said about Warriors in 2.0, until they started looking at how they were getting Roto-smashed in the fucking face and wrecked by Twintania on a regular basis.

I'm curious how they're doing their "rotations" and how they're measuring these things, but only the future will tell. I'm just interested to see if they're eating their words like they did last time they pulled this.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

yea exactly i find it funny people saying war was fine, just look at 2.1 notes and you will know how bad the job was

3.01 Patch note
    Gauss Barrel - instant, buff 30%
    Gauss Round - pot dropped from 200 to 180
    Ricochet - surrounding damage dropped from 300 to 200

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Well I guess life is easier now since I'm mch for raids :3

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Gauss being instant now is nice and all, but still no fix on the shitty procrates.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast