1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 6 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 53 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 3 hours, 6 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 6 hours, 53 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Yoshida: (laughs) We heard that many players believe the DPS machinist is rather low, however we did testing by the development team and the machinist job can make very big damage. I am sure that many players use this software to measure their DPS, but it is possible that the software is not updated or that the rotation of skills used by the development team and the players is different. At present, we are looking where does this difference.

I really want to be careful on this. We understand that people complain that the machinist DPS is very low. There is a big difference between the figures provided by players and those provided by the development team, which nevertheless has a high game experience and an excellent command of the machinist job. So we try to understand if a mistake has been made ​​towards the development team in calculating the DPS or if the players are just not yet used for the machinist Heavensward is released it a few days ago , which is probably not enough to master the job. So we are trying at present to find out where the problem is and whether problem or bug there really has, of course we will correct it. But we are not yet at this stage, we just try to search and analyze why this happens.

As for the machinist, its role is similar to that of the bard ie support for team members. So compared to a pure DPS as a monk or a ninja course DPS machinist will be lower because their roles are different. With the arrival of Alexander next week, we are really happy to receive feedback from the players
    There is a lot of 4 player (light party) content in this game that don't really have room for this "support" role.
    When using PF, you can off course tell MCH/BRD's to fuck off, we don't want you! But DF experience gets really bad when a DPS slot (or even both) are sacrificed for the supposed support role with low damage output.

Think about the new players man!

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Lebzile View Post
    Gauss being instant now is nice and all, but still no fix on the shitty procrates.
    Get rid of ammo usage on Hot/Lead/Clean shot and I'm happy.

The dev team should release a video of them playing MCH, and occasionally zoom in on the chat log.

10 years later will be will like, OH!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

hax already posted parsers and vid of ravana ex and he does really high dmg

Did a search on his rotation

[Blood for Blood + Hypercharge] -> Hotshot -> [Hawk's Eye + Raging Strikes] -> Lead Shot -> [Wildfire + Reload] -> Split Shot -> [Rapidfire + Dex Potion] -> Slug Shot -> Gauss Barrel -> Clean Shot -> [Gauss Round] -> Split Shot -> [Ricochet] -> Slug Shot -> [Reassemble + Head Graze] -> Clean Shot -> [Quick Reload + Blank] -> Split Shot -> Slug Shot -> Clean Shot

Apparently, much of comments saying that he got lucky on proc...
    Well, if SE sneaky fixed the proc rate in 3.01
    We will be happy

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amelia Diremii
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Shit if they ninja buffed procs, maybe I can finally go back to MCH and enjoy it again.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I feel like that response from Yoshi isn't the best PR for this job.

3.0] Actions have been adjusted as follows:
    Gauss Barrel
    ・Damage increase has been increased from 20% to 30%.
    ・Cast time has been reduced from 3 to 0 seconds.
    ・Recast time has been increased from 2.5 to 15 seconds.

Gauss Round
    ・Potency has been reduced from 200 to 180.

Ricochet
    ・Potency of the area attack has been reduced from 300 to 200.
    Appreciate the boost in potency and insta cast for Gauss Barrel, but I don't think the later 2 were necessary.

I am still questioning the point of this job if not just a more 'butch bc guns make me feel like a man' bard.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

20% boost of 200 (40) is smaller than 30% boost of 180 (54) makes them almost the same (240 vs 234). It's just compensating to the WM/Gauss buff.

Edited for math.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Gauss Barrel still stops any auto-attack damage, so I feel like that buff in potency is just to make up for that loss (maybe).

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Not really, no buffs effect SMN/SCH pets except pet buffs.
    INT potions also give buff to SMN pet

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    yea exactly i find it funny people saying war was fine, just look at 2.1 notes and you will know how bad the job was
    Can vouch... I still bear the scars... Fuck you, Rotoswipe... Fuck you, Death Sentence.

Grats to all Machinists on the update. I hope it legit helps out.

Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva View Post
    INT potions also give buff to SMN pet
    I'd have to see proof on that, because I recall people talking about this a long, long time ago and the conclusion was that stat pots don't effect pets.

Even then it would be the exception, not the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    I'd have to see proof on that, because I recall people talking about this a long, long time ago and the conclusion was that stat pots don't effect pets.

Even then it would be the exception, not the rule.

Things after the fact didn't impact pets iirc. But I know they made a bunch of funky changes to pets, like them sharing food now. (also results in some glitchy double fooded pets not sure if that's still a thing though but it was at release)

Girlboy
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Anna Ruthven
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I can actually see a difference now with Gauss up, but I'm still only 55. Last night my damage was higher without Gauss. The rotation posted above seems like one gigantic clusterfuck of "look what I can do" to me I'm not sure how I'd pull that off on a controller on PS4.

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    Things after the fact didn't impact pets iirc. But I know they made a bunch of funky changes to pets, like them sharing food now. (also results in some glitchy double fooded pets not sure if that's still a thing though but it was at release)
    Oh that's right, completely forgot about food effecting pets now, pots effecting them as well seems plausible.

They'd still be the exceptions tho, as no standard ability or spell buffs on the player effect pets.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Turrets aren't pets and don't follow pet rules.

Try placing a pet directly in front of an aggro enemy.

Yup, they don't aggro. I always placed Rook right at the face of bosses in Dungeon before Tank pulled it.
    Although, I hope that food effect goes on it.

Btw, the effect that boost Turrect effect...only works on TP/MP regen? Or it works on Auto-attack too?

Girlboy
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Anna Ruthven
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I finally got around to trying MCN after last night's patch, full-timed Gauss Barrel through a dungeon (which I'm sure I will be told is wrong) and..well, I'm ok with this. Did noticeably more damage than I could've done with or without last night.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

The great part about instacast Gauss Barrel is the ability to toggle it on/off (provided your CD is done) to reapply Hot Shot/Lead Shot and potentially Split Shot if you don't want to wait for it to cast/don't have Rapid Fire up/are that much of a micromanager.

Machinist - New Headless Running DPS

At 59 dungeon, my Proc'd Clean shot buff'd with Reassemble reaching around 1.5 to 1.8k and my gears at ilvl143.
    Went up higher when it's with Raging Strikes and B4B.
    (With Gauss Barrel)

Not epeen damage but something I noticed its a nice boost.

However, I think Wildfire is still better going with GB. As I noticed WF damage dropped with GB up. Probably it's the casting caused the issue there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast