1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 43 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 16 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 9 hours, 43 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 0 hours, 16 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    I'd have to see proof on that, because I recall people talking about this a long, long time ago and the conclusion was that stat pots don't effect pets.

Even then it would be the exception, not the rule.
    3.0 update notes mention
    Pets will now receive the attribute bonuses of food items.
    Not sure if that includes medicine though.

Girlboy
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Anna Ruthven
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by chichicha View Post
    At 59 dungeon, my Proc'd Clean shot buff'd with Reassemble reaching around 1.5 to 1.8k and my gears at ilvl143.
    Went up higher when it's with Raging Strikes and B4B.
    (With Gauss Barrel)

Not epeen damage but something I noticed its a nice boost.

However, I think Wildfire is still better going with GB. As I noticed WF damage dropped with GB up. Probably it's the casting caused the issue there.
    I can still do the same Wildfire with GB up, the casting shouldn't do much due to GCD, only difference now is you can throw in a Gauss Round just before the money shot. My WF's have been doing 2.3k-2.5k with GB up post-patch. Pre-patch, I was doing 1.9k-2k WF without GB and 1.4k-1.7k with GB, it varied wildly.

Place turret, Rapid Fire, Hot Shot, Lead Shot, full retard (use all buffs), Reload, Wildfire, Split, Slug, Reassemble, Clean, Split, Slug, Clean, Gauss Round, Wildfire proc.

That's what I'm doing atm as an opener, hoping to piss off bosses and bad tanks. I've seen Split, Slug, Clean crit on all three for 1.1k, 1.4k, and 1.2k respectively. I don't know why Clean was lower but for those counting, that's two crits and one forced Clean crit. I assume something wore and I didn't notice. That Wildfire was somewhere around 2553 or so. I need better gear. >.>

Machinist - New Headless Running DPS

I'm still trying to look for a good rotation for Wildfire. (With full buffs)

Idea is likely,
    HS buff LS buff SS buff WF and go really wild with reloads and etc.
    That can make sure all damage done with least buffs dropped.
    Still testing around...

P.s. Now that I'm at 60 with my bard gears. Officially at ilvl 176. Not all 180 yet I have been seeing much of crits dmg pass 2k, which I'm quite comfortable with. Ill try Bismarck or Alex later this weekend.

Tried bismarck last night, conclusion = I'm a bad MCH! Really... Dmg is low, that everyone pointing finger at me... I need a break for the outraging PF people.

Any suggestion of rotation ? SE forum has people reported they made 5 to 6k wildfire, only with party buffs... Whilst my best at 4k...
    Even I was using their suggested rotation. Unless... They are using 190 weapon, really can make up that much different?

Girlboy
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Anna Ruthven
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by chichicha View Post
    Tried bismarck last night, conclusion = I'm a bad MCH! Really... Dmg is low, that everyone pointing finger at me... I need a break for the outraging PF people.

Any suggestion of rotation ? SE forum has people reported they made 5 to 6k wildfire, only with party buffs... Whilst my best at 4k...
    Even I was using their suggested rotation. Unless... They are using 190 weapon, really can make up that much different?
    I think a lot of people are getting lucky with crits and procs and are running with it. Though I'm sure you could make those numbers happen somehow.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

@chichicha
    I had the exact same experience last night with bismarck on balmung. ; ; I was told my weapon wasn't good enough, this was after we realized we didn't have the dps for the fight. The PF required i165, that I had through gear (some i180, i170, and i160) but my weapon is i148. The party even went to the lengths (in a nice way) to say that i170 or even i160 weapon would make a huge difference in the fight in adding to the overall dps. I do remember reading somewhere that the biggest damage modifier you have is you weapon damage.

I have not found any really solid sites or big threads yet but this page seems pretty good since it is still developing.
    If you google Shots Fired A Machinist Guide (since I can't post urls yet, first post FTW! ) it should show up from the SE forums.
    Page 50 is just about where patch 3.01 drops and the thread becomes relevant beyond the first post. There are people posting vids of their uber rotations, and people trying different things with/without GB rotations.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The biggest upgrade will always be your weapon. This goes for any job, even healers. So this should take priority over everything else.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

The weapon damage difference in jumping to i170 is huge. That should definitely be your first priority.

iLv115 (Lv50): WMDG 48
    iLv148: WDMG 54
    iLv170: WDMG 60

Upgrading to i170 gives you same WDMG increase that you got from doing an entire 10 levels.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Thank you both for confirming my terrible memory. ^^

Just to clarify that my current weapon is Law's ilvl 180.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I don't think you are that low on dps chichicha. Now I don't claim to know much about MCH because I am still learning the job even at 60 but Bismarck is tough for me at least with all of the constant movement and GB making it play more like a mage than physical dps. It seems as though it is a tough boss to gauge your opening WF rotation on if you are trying something new. That being said my play style is more suited to 2.5 BRD "run and gun" than BRD and MCH post 3.01 so I tend to look at things differently. For me at least there are some boss fights that I personally put out more dps without GB than with, even though my max potential dps is lower I can better maximize it with the way I play. I do think it may just take some practice time with a dummy for getting the rotation down pat and it seems you have the weapon for at least getting closer to the dps you want to achieve.

Girlboy
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Anna Ruthven
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Only thing about Shots Fired is that the rotation posted seems over thought and somewhat wasteful. Using x buff y seconds before pull wastes those seconds, using x buff before y skill, so long before Wildfire leads to buffs wearing mid-combo and thus leads to your burst damage going down or so it'd seem to me.

Thanks for comforting and encouraging
    I'm sure it can be better than what we thought, since ppl in official forum already claimed that they can do close to 1k dps in Ravana EX.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I kind of wish they'd add a 2-3s cd to Gauss Barrel when you deactivate it =/ more often than not, I've deactivated it just to activate it again.

Alternatively, you spam Feint while running ^.^;
    And keep GB up full time.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaMolly View Post
    Only thing about Shots Fired is that the rotation posted seems over thought and somewhat wasteful. Using x buff y seconds before pull wastes those seconds, using x buff before y skill, so long before Wildfire leads to buffs wearing mid-combo and thus leads to your burst damage going down or so it'd seem to me.
    I don't see anything going on prepull in the Shots Fired openers that would matter. Just Pre-Gauss and Pre-Turret. Although in the 5 ammo opener, the the pull needs to happen a lot sooner because ammo fucking falls off if you Reload, wait 28s, QR, wait 28s, pull. Think someone should tell him that.

So what's everyone's record for most shots without a proc? I'm up to 8 straight. Feels like upping this to 60% would make a world of difference.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

is there any situation atm where you need to move twice in 15s intervals?

because if you need to move to dodge something, why not toggle gauss off, hit skill+move, toggle gauss back on, compared to using feint? feint is 156 potency under gauss which is 16 lower than slug, but you use less tp and have the chance of getting procs to be saved and used during gauss, seems like it'd be better overall. maybe you'll even get an auto in before you toggle back on

edit: wait isn't that a dps increase? toggling gauss off for 1 gcd other than lead shot, and then toggling it back on after your gcd+auto attack happens. seems sort of neat

also it feels pretty disgusting to be spamming like 4 buffs before your first GCD even, but having all of those buffs up for lead shot is so nice...

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Forgive me if this has been answered already - has anyone had their actions list greyed out in the actions & traits window? I can't seem to switch to it at all when im on MCH.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aiurily View Post
    edit: wait isn't that a dps increase? toggling gauss off for 1 gcd other than lead shot, and then toggling it back on after your gcd+auto attack happens. seems sort of neat
    I have tried to squeeze out an autoattack by toggling wm on/off and it doesn't seem to happen reliably. it might be tied to a server tick time. Then again the hive box is 3.06 so a faster weapon might get it to work everytime.

@ Bori, your level ?
    I can only think that your level not there up yet and they greyed out.
    Other than that, I can see any reason, unless bugs?

@ Aiurily
    Feint suggestion is only if moving within less than 15s period. If it is more, I rather toggle off.

Ps. For Bismarck Ex, you can try to stay at closer to the edge. I found that Tornado or Water AoE happened lesser at these places.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast