1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 13 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 46 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 12 hours, 13 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 21 hours, 46 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

1st Wildfire - Everything will be up.
    2nd Wildfire - Reload, Reassemble, Ricochet, Raging Strikes and Hypercharge will not be up.
    3rd Wildfire - Everything will be up.

It repeats from there.

You use Reload, Reassemble, and Ricochet on cooldown, as it provides a DPS increase. Reassemble should always be used with an Ammo'd Clean Shot. Hypercharge will still be down when it's time to use your 2nd wildfire, and you have to play by ear if you want to use HC early and not have it for your 3rd Wildfire, as HC is a raid-wide dps increase, so it may be a bad idea to be "selfish" with it.

Basically, your 2nd wildfire will always be weaker than your 1st or 3rd wildfire.

HC does not line up with WF at all and is best to just use it on CD, it's not worth delaying it's use to coincide with WF.

The 5% gain to WF is not at all worth delaying it's use, the bonus ~440 potency worth of turret damage combined with the added damage from all other physical DPS is much more significant than a 5% boost to WF.

Other than phase-specific DPS checks (ie. Hand of Pain) using it on CD is going to offer more damage than trying to line it up with other abilities.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Appreciate the replies Niiro & Carth, thanks for the help.

Hey I'm a bit new to machinist and trying to learn it but theres quite a few things and mixed information out there. I'm not sure if this is still the ideal opener but this is the opener I saw the machinist in my group use and he was hitting 1k on A3S on week 2-3 of savage.

3 sec before pull > Hawk’s Eye > Hyper Charge > Hot Shot as tank pulls > Raging Strikes > B4B > Lead Shot > Reload > Wildfire > Split Shot > pot > Slug Shot > reassamble > Gauss Shot > rapid fire > head graze > split shot > ricochet > quick reload > etc.

Not sure if this is 100% accurate but that's what I saw him use so I'm not sure if there is a better PPSed opener out there. If there is please let me know what you guys think.

It seems like past this point gauss shot and all the off GCD damage abilities are roughly used on cooldown? B4B, HE, RS being saved for wildfire

The big thing for me is Gauss Barrel up vs off. Is there a circumstance in which you always keep it up or do you drop it so you can gain autos unless an oGCD is up, DOT tick, or etc?

Thanks

edit: PS any tips for keeping track of oGCDS, hot shot/leadshot, or procs?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

opener: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFm5WWJQEso

gauss up vs off - off only if you know you don't need to drop it for movement in 15s when you turn it off, when you have no oGCDs to use, when you have no rapid fire, when you don't need to leadshot soon, and to minimize risk, only after slug/clean shot. just leave it on til you get comfortable with the class, its less than 1% dps increase to bother with it

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quick DPS increase (or decrease depending on how you look at it) question to the better Machinists, but on bosses or fights where there might be a short break(s) that mess with alignment due to the timing of using Ricochet on CD what is an acceptable CD # (time left before available again) to wait and Ricochet and other GB CD's for the upcoming -> WF? Also while we're waiting for it to come up at what point in the remaining CD countdown should we start popping buffs for maximum WF damage, 6 or <? Ideally it's the amount of time it takes you to do the buffs -> the WF ability itself I'm assuming?

Sorry for the bump, but to anyone who played WoW:

On a scale from BC Hunter to Ulduar Feral DPS, how complicated is Machinist DPS? Just came back and thinking about trying it out.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

is it still like a 1% diff to not gb on/off?

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So the opener I'm using right now (after RS/HE/B4B/HC) is the "standard" one, I think:

Hot, GB, Lead, Reload, Split, WF, Slug, QR, Reassemble, Clean, Ricochet, Rapid, Split, Head Graze, Slug, Blank, Split, Clean, [Slug, GB, WF end]

The problem is that the Blank animation lock is holding me up a bit, which is causing GB to come up just slightly after Slug (which also has a huge animation lock). So at ~620 SS, I'm forced to choose between waiting for the (higher damage) GB and definitely losing out on Slug (before end of WF), or going for Slug and rolling the dice on GB.

I know one answer is "get more SS," but I'm wondering if anyone uses a slightly different order that fixes this?