• Navigation
Closed Thread
Page 51 of 92 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I just thought. Wasn't Kane dating a girl for a while now? Like decently steady? My girlfriend is following her on Instagram or some bs. I should ask her to check that profile.

BG's Official Canucks Fan
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    And the Penguins signed Matt Cullen to a 1 year 800k deal. 38 year old Matt Cullen. Who is actually still an ok player.
    Penguins now have 5 centers: Crosby, Malkin, Fehr, Bonino and Cullen. Could be worse.

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It's not marcel goc so I'm okay with it

BG's most likeable Québécois

BG Level

Yay for watching under 20s training camp

Canada vs CZECH

a p. sweet dude

BG Level

Why can't they be in Toronto every year? I already have tickets for 2017 haha.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

My concern is, again, no shedding of salary. At all. The Pens had very little room to work with even after trading Sutter.

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

My concern is, again, no shedding of salary. At all. The Pens had very little room to work with even after trading Sutter.
    Sutter deal was amazing for Pgh, what better could Rutherford do?

He let lapierre Adams spaling sutter out... You have to sign someone. Can't get cheaper than Cullen's deal

BG Level

As far as Kane goes just wait for the facts. A few years ago Doughty was accused of rape but after they looked into it the story made no sense and the girl refused to work with the police.

Not saying thats what happened here but its possible.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Sepukku View Post
    Sutter deal was amazing for Pgh, what better could Rutherford do?

He let lapierre Adams spaling sutter out... You have to sign someone. Can't get cheaper than Cullen's deal
    Again my concern is lack of cap flexibility. Pens have a little over 2 million in cap space. With no additional roster moves that leaves very little room to maneuver in regards to injuries or the trade deadline. I don't have a problem with the Cullen deal. I just don't see how he fits when they were multiple younger players vying for roster spots who are ALL on ELC's.

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I'm gonna preface this by saying I have no idea if he did anything or what happened, there was a rape kit done and I'm sure more details will surface soon.

That said:

This is perhaps the stupidest thing I've ever seen a woman say about rape. How can you sit there and say that someone should just be like okay with being raped because of who it is? I just ... no. Spoken like someone who has never had the traumatic experience of being raped. I just can't fucking believe that someone would say that shit, about another woman who may have been violated in literally the worst way possible, because it was Patrick Kane?

Ugh. He's a hockey star, yes, but he's also a fucking human being who should be held accountable for his actions.

(All this ranting goes under the assumption that he did it - like I said, I don't know, but that doesn't mean that this girl's response is appropriate in any way, not to this alleged rape victim or to any rape victim. Ever.)

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

NHL Offseason Thread: Plugged Up Cat Butts and Unknown Russians

Or shes saying the girl had consentual sex and is crying rape to tarnish his name and try to settle outside of court for monetary gain (how much did the girl Kobe assaulted get? Enough that they didnt disclose it to the public) instead of "hey i fucked patrick kane, fuck yeah"

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Or some people just are not nearly as uptight as you and she's making a joke. Uppity uppity over this one, can't say I'm surprised.

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mythe_Seraph View Post
    Or some people just are not nearly as uptight as you and she's making a joke. Uppity uppity over this one, can't say I'm surprised.
    Haha rape is hilarious

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I've always been in the let's wait for all the details to come to light before crucifying someone. That holds true with this as well. At this point we don't even know anything about anything.

BG Level

Kane accused of rape?

http://runsonduncan.files.wordpress....i-might-be.jpg

P.S I don't endorse raping

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Protip. If you make a post and then immediately follow it up saying you don't endorse rape, don't make the post. Knock it off.

BG Level

Protip. If you make a post and then immediately follow it up saying you don't endorse rape, don't make the post. Knock it off.
    Because it was a joke post, and each time i make a joke post here people start "OMg rata so racist and w/e"

So i'm defending myself already

The 69th Donor

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Mythe_Seraph View Post
    If it's a joke, it's not funny. That's directly harmful to people who are victims of rape, and what she's saying also implies that because it's Patrick Kane, he's entitled to anyone he pleases and consent doesn't matter.

This girl isn't the only person with this mindset, either. I've seen tweets - "He has 3 Stanley Cups he can have whoever he wants!" No, this is false. He cannot have anyone who doesn't consent. "I'd just let him do it!" Well then you clearly don't know how traumatizing rape is. What it does is absolves him of guilt and puts him on a god-like pedestal where consent doesn't matter.

Whether he did it or not, this kind of thought is not okay. It wasn't okay with Kobe, it wasn't okay with Cosby, it wasn't okay with that Duke team, and it will continue to not be okay for society to give celebrities a free pass because "oh he's a star" or because "anyone should be flattered."

Rape isn't flattery. It's dehumanizing, degrading, and violating. People need to get off the mindset that rape is "okay" if the accused rapist is someone famous. "You should be glad to have sex with him." Only rape isn't sex, it's rape. They're not the same thing, and people need to get that in their head.

I'm not sorry for this rant. This is a very harmful mindset that people have and I will not let it go.

BG Level

Last thing on the subject, but imo we still need to wait for future proofs, so many times in QC a girl accused a guy of rape, and a few days ago she drops the accusation because we learned that she just didn't get satisfied with the sex she got and decided to get vengence.

Not saying Kane is innocent, but still need to wait for confirmation before throwing rocks

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

You don't have to read other people's tweets or understand other people's sense of humor. It's pretty simple. You can spend the entire day looking at things you're offended by and posting about them in your favorite forum. But at the end of the day what have you accomplished? Nada.

Closed Thread
Page 51 of 92 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast