Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Season 4 to be the Final Season
    S4 will be 12 Episodes and Premiers in 2019
    When I first created the world of Mr. Robot, I thought it would be a niche television series with a small, cult following. Over the past three years, it has become so much more, and I am continually humbled by the show’s recognition and by the amazing cast and crew that work tirelessly to help bring my vision to life. Since day one, I’ve been building toward one conclusion — and in breaking the next season of Mr. Robot, I have decided that conclusion is finally here. Everyone on the creative team, including the amazing people at USA and UCP, didn't want to say goodbye, but we ultimately have too much respect for Elliot's journey to extend past its inevitable ending. Therefore, season four will serve as the final chapter of the Mr. Robot story. To fans of the show: thank you for the past three years, and I can't wait to share this exciting final season with you.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...etwork-1137204

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I knew this was coming up soon but thought there was more time and didn't realize it was changing nights with its premiere (commercial free) this Sunday.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

So no one is going to comment about the first two episodes so far? Really?!

Spoiler: show
    I was traumatized by the very first scene.

BG Level

Yeah, she was obviously going to be a goner, but I didn't think it would be that soon. The thing with that scene, I was pretty much understanding everything that was going on with it but when they moved to the next scene, I was still like "wait, did that really just happen?" Great work by both of them, but also well done with the way they had it go right off that scene from the finale. Of seasons 2 and 3, I only managed to get up to about the 2nd ep of season 2 and then just watched the last half hour of S3 finale before the premiere. I was caught off guard barely paying attention until I realized it was a new scene, not last season's stuff.

I would be skeptical about adding "others" at this point, but if there's a show that I feel I can put faith in, it's this one. No way in hell am I going back during this season to look for clues though.

Ultimately the setup for the final season looks really good. I'm trying to stay out of big theories for any of this, but from the show itself is there any indication how Vera is going to fit in? Not sure if I forgot/missed a scene or if it was just the conversation at the end of last ep.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Oh shit this is back? Ill return later this week and discuss!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    is there any indication how Vera is going to fit in? Not sure if I forgot/missed a scene or if it was just the conversation at the end of last ep.
    Seriously I warned you, this might spoil the next episode
    Honestly, as soon as it was revealed that there was a third - Vera instantly came to my mind.

I just don't know how that whole prison situation plays out if Elliot is Vera.

Would be a total mindfuck - but that is kind of what I expect at this point.

BG Level

When Darlene tries to voicemail Elliot that might be the most f bombs I've ever heard on network television lol.

I kinda hope Tyrell isn't dead, but he probably is.

BG Level

Interview with Walstrom confirmed it, and all I have to say about that is, "How DARE YOU, Sam Esmail?!?"

Going to have to give this another watch some time this week. This was an episode with relatively little action, but I may have loved it? I don't know, but I loved the nature hike.

Coming into this week, I thought we'd be seeing Price and that stuff moving forward, but I guess that's next week. Most of this time I'd been thinking that this season was only 10 episodes, rather than 13.

i liked the episode even though it was a wheel spinner. getting kind of impatient on agent dom's story though, what the fuck is she in this show for? im sure she'll eventually help elliott with whiterose but jesus

BG Level

Wow. The previews did promise a special episode or something.

"It’s cool, dude, we don’t have to talk."

Until after the credits/preview, it didn't even occur to me that there were no spoken lines between the opening and the end. Looks like the separate threads are starting to come together now. Every episode I keep thinking I want to know what Price is up to, but this ended around noon and the meeting is set for 9. I'm kind of expecting the next episode to end with him arriving to the meeting.

Great episode though, that reminded me sort of an episode of last season towards the middle, where Eliot was trying to stop the bomb. Loved all the references/homages to stuff.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Same! I didn’t even notice until there were like 5 mins left. And then to end it with “it’s about time we talk”. So fuckin good. Brilliant episode

BG Level

So after this obviously Quentin Tarantino themed episode all I gotta say is..

Son of a bitch. They had to go with the, "My Daddy molested me when I was a kid" trope? The whole series feels dirty now. I wish in the next episode Krista would tell him, "I just put that idea in your head because he wanted a show." That's not going to happen though. I wish it had been anything but that.

BG Level

What was Tarantino themed about that? It was just a simple stage play.

Great performances. My only gripe about that:

There's already this idea that old episodes/scenes will kind of seem different with the idea of the 3rd introduced earlier this season. Now there's this, and I'm hoping that they somehow are connected because otherwise it just feels like putting another filter over another filter. I understand that when you are dealing with an unreliable narrator type thing, you get these sort of things, but even if the hints were there all along, it's two big revelations late in the game when the first one isn't even resolved.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    What was Tarantino themed about that? It was just a simple stage play.

Great performances. My only gripe about that:

There's already this idea that old episodes/scenes will kind of seem different with the idea of the 3rd introduced earlier this season. Now there's this, and I'm hoping that they somehow are connected because otherwise it just feels like putting another filter over another filter. I understand that when you are dealing with an unreliable narrator type thing, you get these sort of things, but even if the hints were there all along, it's two big revelations late in the game when the first one isn't even resolved.
    Because of the whole, "ACT ONE" "ACT TWO" thing. And because of the intensity of it if you know what I'm saying.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

yo fam, this new season fucking sucks. super disappointing after how amazing season 3 was

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    The whole series feels dirty now
    because it is. the key that young elliot brought him to find was brought up in the dream sequence way back in season 1. shit was super disappointing from concept to execution

also now we know elliot has five or six split personalities, making all this goofy and dumb this late in the game. his "real" self, mr robot, his imaginary friend (which is us the viewer), his child self, his abusive mother seems to be hanging out in his subconscious trying to run shit like a CEO, and another personality they're all afraid of and tried to take over elliots mind in episode 2 of this season. which is probably gonna be some dumb shit like angela or whiterose, who will end up being the one that actually turned him crazy to begin with. shits all goofy and dumb

i just finished episode 9 and im gonna assume the final episode delves into why, and what, elliots father used to do working for whiterose and why whiterose has such an affinity and weakness towards elliot for. im gonna assume elliots father was a deus group member, or was the former e corp ceo that price and whiterose spoke about before. something of that nature is gonna pop up in the finale

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    yo fam, this new season fucking sucks. super disappointing after how amazing season 3 was
    Strongly disagree with you there bub. >.>; Last night's episode was AWESOME! Best episode this season and one of the best of the series.

I just didn't like it that they made him a child molester. For deep dark secrets in movies and tv that just so old and used up. But the main reason I didn't like it at the time was it made his Dad personality seem like a monster. But then there was that scene in the episode before where Mr. Robot says, "I'm not the father you deserved but the father you needed." Or something like that. Reminding the audience that he is not Elliot's real father but the one he wanted. I felt better after that. I still don't like them using that angle but the fact that personality is a "good guy" version of his dad and was only trying to protect him this whole time made me feel more at ease.

What's so goofy and dumb about dissociative identity disorder? I find it fascinating in a dark way. It's like Batman. During the day he is a super rich payboy, but at night he turns into a ruthless crime fighter. You have to ask yourself. Who is the real person? Bruce Wayne?, or Batman?

As for who the "final" personality is I have a working theory but I don't want to type it all out cause it would make this post extremely long.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    I just didn't like it that they made him a child molester. For deep dark secrets in movies and tv that just so old and used up. But the main reason I didn't like it at the time was it made his Dad personality seem like a monster. But then there was that scene in the episode before where Mr. Robot says, "I'm not the father you deserved but the father you needed." Or something like that. Reminding the audience that he is not Elliot's real father but the one he wanted. I felt better after that. I still don't like them using that angle but the fact that personality is a "good guy" version of his dad and was only trying to protect him this whole time made me feel more at ease.

What's so goofy and dumb about dissociative identity disorder? I find it fascinating in a dark way. It's like Batman. During the day he is a super rich payboy, but at night he turns into a ruthless crime fighter. You have to ask yourself. Who is the real person? Bruce Wayne?, or Batman?

As for who the "final" personality is I have a working theory but I don't want to type it all out cause it would make this post extremely long.
    I've watched the last episode a couple of times, the beginning conversation with with Mr Robot/Mom/Young Elliot made me think they were talking about the third personality the whole time

BG Level

I'm glad that Dominique is ok and is going to live a happy life as a pastry chief? heh She has always been one of my favorite characters.

I liked the scene where Darlene redistributes all the money from the Deus Group to the whole country. "WOOOOOOOOO! YEAH BITCHES!