+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr. Robot     submit to reddit submit to twitter

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Rewatching the entire series up to current and shit with Darlene makes so much fucking sense now.
    Excited to rewatch as well. Not sure I've ever felt that way about s show as it was airing

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

started watching this based on feedback here, was not disappointed.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Up to episode 7. Girlfriend is maintaining that all the major plotlines were transparent and easily predictable. I'm maintaining that she's just full of shit.

Spoiler: show
    I don't know what you mean by major plotlines, but the Fight Club-ish aspect for Mr. Robot and weird guy was transparent.

His sister chick, I wouldn't say it was obvious she was his sister but it was obvious that there was something wrong there because he was tryna bang that skank next door instead of her like wtf.

I mean they certainly don't give you a TON of hints, eg, it doesn't say MR ROBOT IS 37710TZ on a sign in the background, but the surprise for me was finding out exactly how they related, not necessarily that they weren't real.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm really bothered that they refer to Joanna as speaking Swedish, when she's clearly speaking Danish. Only one of them speak Swedish, and that's Tyrell. His girlfriend is obviously Danish. The two don't even sound similiar; Danish sounds like someone is attempting to speak Swedish while they're deepthroating.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

there are a couple scenes in episode 7 where mr robot is talking to darlene alone, and romero alone
    are these scenes representative of elliot talking to these people, or is each of these people having their own hallucinations of mr robot? since elliot and darlenes dad is dead, it has to be one or the other right? It seems unrealistic that all 3 of these people are delusional so we replace mr robot with elliot? especially the scene with romero and the gun i can't place elliot in mr robots shoes, the two characters are just so different, but i guess thats the point

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by djzombie View Post
    there are a couple scenes in episode 7 where mr robot is talking to darlene alone, and romero alone
    are these scenes representative of elliot talking to these people, or is each of these people having their own hallucinations of mr robot? since elliot and darlenes dad is dead, it has to be one or the other right? It seems unrealistic that all 3 of these people are delusional so we replace mr robot with elliot? especially the scene with romero and the gun i can't place elliot in mr robots shoes, the two characters are just so different, but i guess thats the point
    i'm not convinced his dad is dead tbh, though who knows at this point.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'm thinking he's not dead. His father's death was just part of the self-hack or whatever it was that destroyed his memory.

didnt angela reference his dad dying too though

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

didn't they say "parent" and not specifically father?

Either way, in all of the pictures he found, his mom is in neither of them. And I'm guessing Mr. Robot is either their father or uncle.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nicholai Tankyou
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

WHELP!

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Elliot throwing Mr. Robot out the window was very satisfying... until WHELP!

The Anti Miz

BG Level

GDI MR ROBOT

The Anti Miz

BG Level

holy shit they even used Where Is My Mind at the end. A+ for that bros

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nicholai Tankyou
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I'm kinda sad he was in his head the whole time but the last like 5 minutes of this show kinda made up for it. The music, pacing, and acting is so awesome. Ready for the big kaboom next week. Also Martin Wallström (Tyrell) is really good at being bad, close to Andrew Scott in Sherlock level of evil/twisted guy.

"you knew the whole time didn't you"

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by chazzyphizzle View Post
    "you knew the whole time didn't you"
    yea i fucking love it when elliot addresses us like were his imaginary friend.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholai View Post
    I'm kinda sad he was in his head the whole time but the last like 5 minutes of this show kinda made up for it. The music, pacing, and acting is so awesome. Ready for the big kaboom next week. Also Martin Wallström (Tyrell) is really good at being bad, close to Andrew Scott in Sherlock level of evil/twisted guy.
    yea definitely, very impressed. when he was coaching himself in the mirror for a speech to accept the cto position in an earlier episode was a pretty intense scene that showed his range pretty well.

i am still not entirely convinced elliots dad is dead. they could easily play that scene at the graveyard off as his dad simply just leaving before anyone else arrived, or fuckin smokebombed and peaced.. whatever. still no conclusive proof yet that hes not real. the fact that others reference his death doesn't do it for me, it would be easy for someone like that to fake their death, on record at least.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I enjoy being right

Shootin' rocks at monsters
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by djzombie View Post
    yea i fucking love it when elliot addresses us like were his imaginary friend.

yea definitely, very impressed. when he was coaching himself in the mirror for a speech to accept the cto position in an earlier episode was a pretty intense scene that showed his range pretty well.

i am still not entirely convinced elliots dad is dead. they could easily play that scene at the graveyard off as his dad simply just leaving before anyone else arrived, or fuckin smokebombed and peaced.. whatever. still no conclusive proof yet that hes not real. the fact that others reference his death doesn't do it for me, it would be easy for someone like that to fake their death, on record at least.
    It would be also be easy for Elliot to erase every record of his father, because Elliot's insane and doesn't want proof of daddy being dead.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    holy shit they even used Where Is My Mind at the end. A+ for that bros
    hah yeah i heard the first couple piano notes and i'm like "are they really gonna use that song?"

the writer really loved him some fight club.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast