Thread: Mr. Robot     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

i love this show, please don't ruin it USA

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Spoiler: show

Episode 1
    • On the train/subway: no one notices
    • Begging for change outside Pierre Lotti: guy notices him but brushes him off way too easily so possibly the extra actors mistake.
    • On empty train/subway/station: it was only Elliott and Mr Robot
    • Walking into the clubhouse: everyone only looks at Elliot
    • This nice exchange: Elliott "where's your boss" Darlene "Cut the bullshxt!"

Episode 2
    • Darlene being super comfortable with Elliot
    • Darlene to Elliot "why wouldn't ik where you live"
    • In the clubhouse: no one but Elliot is startled by Mr Robot playing Duck Hunt
    • When talking to everyone else Mr Robot is standing directly in front of Elliot
    • When Mr Robot goes to collect his thoughts, Elliot and he have the ones and zeroes argument
    • Darlene's line as Elliott is leaving fsociety clubhouse: "You can't leave this"
    • Pier scene/Final: how did they even set that meeting up?
    • Major theme with every interaction between Elliott and Mr Robot was he knew everything about Elliott.
    • Can a film geek explain the camera cut right as Elliott was pushed off the rail?
    There's this dude on reddit that is going through each of the scenes with Mr. Robot interactions and it's looking pretty amazing so far.

Thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/MrRobot/com..._robot_listed/

On another note, can we all start respecting the god damn spoiler tags. I had to wait an extra day this week to see the episode and ruined it for myself just by checking the thread.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

I like how they made the pilot available for a month before the show premiered and now that i want to go back and rewatch it they have each episode BUT the pilot available on demand. TIME FOR INTERNETTING

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I describe this show as "Fight club: The TV show" and I'm glad that I'm apparently not the only one.

Pretty good show. The dad plot twist was telegraphed hard and wasn't done as cleverly as other similar twists (Fight Club, Sixth Sense, etc.), but I still enjoyed it.

I don't think they can make a second season, because they have no viable main characters. The end of Fight Club at least implied Edward Norton had magically stopped being unstable. Elliot is more realistic, but that means he can't just be "fixed" and would continue to be an unreliable narrator.

Either way, I'm watching the season finale.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deejay Zombie
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I give no fucks how this ends. Just be gentle.

greenwald on grantland said there is an after credits something or other after the finale, so be awares

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I describe this show as "Fight club: The TV show" and I'm glad that I'm apparently not the only one.

Pretty good show. The dad plot twist was telegraphed hard and wasn't done as cleverly as other similar twists (Fight Club, Sixth Sense, etc.), but I still enjoyed it.

I don't think they can make a second season, because they have no viable main characters. The end of Fight Club at least implied Edward Norton had magically stopped being unstable. Elliot is more realistic, but that means he can't just be "fixed" and would continue to be an unreliable narrator.

Either way, I'm watching the season finale.
    USA picked it up for a second season after they released the pilot but before the show started airing.

It took a few episodes for me to figure out if I liked the show or not but regardless, it had me hooked. I don't think my wife was on board until the fourth or fifth episode.

I really enjoy the twists and turns the show takes and it's really unpredictable; the narration and fourth wall breaking stuff is genius like when Elliot grabs the camera.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Auspice View Post
    USA picked it up for a second season after they released the pilot but before the show started airing.
    Now that you mention it, I remember hearing that back when ep1 aired but forgot somewhere along the way. I must have hacked myself.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I had to catch up three episodes because of holiday/not having time etc. and the one thing that struck me as weird:

Going further with the whole "Dad is not dead" thing. There's this scene when Tyrell is talking with Mr Robot in the car and mentions that he knows his secret. Of course we could assume that it's Elliot, but that wouldn't make a lot of sense considering the scene when Tyrell comes to his apartment. When he starts saying that he knows how he did this and that, it feels as if he's telling him that he discovered the truth just now/recently and not like the extension of what he was talking about in the car. Might be just me looking too deep into that, but I definitely feel there would be a big disconnection if we assume it was Elliot in his car.

it was elliot in the car. it was elliot anytime you saw mr. robot by himself

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    I had to catch up three episodes because of holiday/not having time etc. and the one thing that struck me as weird:

Going further with the whole "Dad is not dead" thing. There's this scene when Tyrell is talking with Mr Robot in the car and mentions that he knows his secret. Of course we could assume that it's Elliot, but that wouldn't make a lot of sense considering the scene when Tyrell comes to his apartment. When he starts saying that he knows how he did this and that, it feels as if he's telling him that he discovered the truth just now/recently and not like the extension of what he was talking about in the car. Might be just me looking too deep into that, but I definitely feel there would be a big disconnection if we assume it was Elliot in his car.
    Couldn't we explain some of these potential inconsistencies as being faults of the unreliable narrator?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

the secret he was referring to might have been how he knows elliot did colby in.

yes that was what tyrell was implying

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ah, I forgot about that one. I guess that would explain it.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

@andygreenwald: USA announces that tonight's MR. ROBOT season finale is being delayed a week due to a graphic scene "similar in nature" to today's shooting.

oh god dammit

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

okay guy I guess
    BG Level