Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Yeah you learn that pretty quick if you deal with their chat service, they like to abruptly end the chat when they want.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    I know for urat this is the case, but the sporadic other pop-ins and comments that have plagued this section regularly spurred this and I think the discussion about fucking writing letters to some dude who A) doesn't give a shit B) has no power, just pushed me over the edge.

And you can take "wanting to know what people are getting banned for when playing legit" under the "because fuck you that's why" I cover in my first point and then follow it up with "because you don't matter" in the rest of my points. I get wanting to know the answers, but we're never going to so why bother? At absolute best you're inconveniencing some dude with a MBA from some state school who got hired through monster.com to liaise with some Japanese dudes who look down on him for being dishonoraburururu and who ultimately has zero fucking control over anything.
    Unless you have experience working at Square Enix, you don't know any of those things.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Unless you have experience working at Square Enix, you don't know any of those things.
    no but it does make sense in light of this company's decades-long trend of "lolNA" we've all come to know and love

if they had never made an MMO, it'd never occur to me they disrespected us so. Now i'm convinced they borderline hate us, such is the evidence. I've still never heard of a jp getting temp'd, but if they were, i'm certain they'd get better customer service than this garbage.

and it was even worse in the past, like the very first mass bannings you got the LM-17 only, no email explanation, and during the weekend so you couldn't even call to find out is this permanent, WTF is going on??

Then does anyone else recall how they did nothing at all about the hacked accounts for the longest time? If they can't be arsed to respond to that until it reached crisis level, they certainly won't take seriously a complaint by some NA stooge on behalf of cheaters just a few months before all updates cease.

Aramaic

So I was temp banned for the first time ever back on June 12, 2015. Same result no answers for anything. Whatever got my account back but because I was annoyed didn't even log in for two weeks after reactivation. Literally logged in three times since than. Using no programs besides windower with a few lua and plugins running. Got a perma ban on July 10, 2015. Same generic message. Gearswap is probably the heaviest program I run with my windower. I was working on my Ebisu +1 quest for a few hours. Went and did a few quest. Went afk rest of day and woke up to the ban email. Just a heads up to people to be careful with anything windower your running since they seem to just be handing out bans all willy nilly. They will never reactivate my account which annoys me but whatever. It is what it is. Just telling everyone to be careful, unless I had a bunch of complaints against me from months or a year ago, which I take it upon myself to never piss off other players and help everyone out in game so yeah... Everyone watch your backs.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quick question, since both of you were working on Ebisu, were you using the fishing fix plugin for windower/ashita?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeldog View Post
    Quick question, since both of you were working on Ebisu, were you using the fishing fix plugin for windower/ashita?
    Nope, didnt even know it existed until just now when I booted up ashita to double check I didnt have it checked off.

Total list of things I am using:

Ashitacast rarely, stopped using it since the temp ban, wasnt using any fancy stuff either just normal gear swaps for JAs. Nothing crazy.

Also using Distance and TPparty. Prolly gonna disable tpparty now though since it doesnt actually do anything.

Using windowerinput, paste, screenshot as well. Nothing that SE would ban me over, or even be able to generally detect for that matter.

People on the phone were pretty sure it was for fishing hardcore, they said there werent any notes on my account which is generally a sign of an automatic temp ban. When people hand them out they generally write some kind of note on the account to let other mods know whats up.

Edit: in other news, like 8 people I know in game from my two massive lses all got banned within the last week. Most of them perma bans.

Some of them I were surprised over, others I was like "yeah, seen that person pos hacking around before like crazy, not surprised"

You think one could get a temp ban by just being in the same skirmish run as someone else who was pos hacking around like crazy?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post
    You think one could get a temp ban by just being in the same skirmish run as someone else who was pos hacking around like crazy?
    Yup

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Yup
    And if you report it when it happens, think that lowers your odds of getting a ban?

Im worried thats what happened now, and I know people like to do it all the time, even in PUGs...

Not sure if I wanna touch skirmish at all now if I can get banned alongside someone else cheating hardcore.

Suddenly just got a lot more annoyed with pos hackers now, its one thing to cheat and risk getting yourself banned, thats your choice, but if such an action can indeed get another player banned then its pretty fucked up to do...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Been happening since the salvage 1 bans (maybe farther). Guilt by association regardless of the situation. You didn't have any part in it? Too bad. You didn't even know about it? Too bad. You existed there therefore you must have potentially been a part of it

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

If you're not reporting the person for cheating, you're accepting of it.

They did it with the original salvage bans, a lot of "innocent people who were along for the ride" got their shit b&

Banned.

BG Level

If you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

They have been able to track many of these windower addons for a long time now, they just never wanted to hurt their sub numbers.

Now they are because they want players to move to xiv, I wonder how many of the banned people are stupid enough to actually do what they want them to do.

Probably the majority or they wouldn't keep doing it lol

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by rate View Post
    They have been able to track many of these windower addons for a long time now
    I'm gonna go with "thats false, people been getting banned for being stupid with their flee/pos hacks or were playing for 15 hours straight"...or were doing events with people who flee/pos hack.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Has been said many times by many people, but many windower / ashita addons and plugins are detectable with a pretty high degree of confidence if SE is motivated enough. In the past, they didn't care.

Currently they seem to care about something, but it's not clear what they care about. If they were going to ban for gearswap and ashitacast, a much larger number of people would be getting hit. Fleehacking, maintenance mode, POS hacking, etc. are obviously offlimits at the moment, but if people start getting banned for pretty moderate windower usage then I don't know what to recommend apart from logging out.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

The bans seem really random, I still see some of the same old people speedhacking, sliding around with ja0wait, etc.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by vivbiibasjiu View Post
    Sounds like a witch hunt waiting to happen

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    The bans seem really random, I still see some of the same old people speedhacking, sliding around with ja0wait, etc.
    If youre not reporting them, then dont get mad theyre still around?

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Not trying to call people liars but there have been only a few cases of people banned/suspended that were ONLY using windower/addons. It doesn't seem possible that they didn't use anything else besides windower, especially someone saying they fished for a day straight, just seems strange is all. I kinda expect it to get worse because of SE's stupidity but we'll see I guess, such a shame they implemented whatever they did at this point in the games life when the only ones left are those that really enjoy this game for the most part.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    If youre not reporting them, then dont get mad theyre still around?
    Why would I be mad? I don't care what tools people use if they aren't cockblocking other players with them. I'm just saying the recent bans don't seem very consistent.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by vivbiibasjiu View Post
    I'm looking forward to your butthurt when you get banned for someone else fleehacking in skirmish. Yorcia is set up in such a way that if you run one direction and someone poshacks to another you probably wouldn't notice. It is completely unrealistic to be banning for guilt by association in there.