Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Which ones can directly drop the gear? About to just go unleash some shit on VD with grasshopper if that's the case. Have yet to find a SKC that grasshopper + unleash can't handle on VD, lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Assuming it hasn't changed from the last campaigns only Nest of Nightmares directly dropped the gear. And yeah that probably might even work for this despite the weird mechanics since it's lvl 99 content. Never actually done that one so can't speak for the droprate though (and ffxidb is useless since it only drops during campaigns) probably would suck if you are only going for 1 thing since it drops all of them.

That might actually be a rather good idea assuming they use the actual old unhexed gear and don't do something dumb like unhex some new gear or make old hexed with something new than old abjuration or whatever craziness SE might try. Still they are fun and you get some af3+1/2 and legion/provenence synth mats from it too. I might try it too I totally hadn't thought of that one since I don't think I've done one of these campaigns since I got any job ilvld to 119 and that fight actually was pretty dang hard at 99. And I had gotten really bored of the abj ones

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Announcing the August Version Update (06/07/2015)

Oh yeah I did that one a few times last campaign. Put patrick on bird, fireball a few times, try not to fall asleep.

Just did 6 runs of NoN. No abjurations, just trash. Oh well.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Just did a quick three of NoN. Glad it only takes a minute or so.

Got a lolHexed Doublet.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Assuming the augments are at least as good as before definitely. Khepri Jacket and the Huginn Gambieras are still borderline useable for some things. Iaso Mitra , Iaso Boots were pretty much still bis until alluvion yorcia. Spurrina Coif was best until vagary. A lot of others were decent before soa came out so depending on the vomit maybe. Wonder if upgrading them will wipe the augments still.... not like auging them was bad
    Oh yes I derped. I was thinking about the Einherjar abjs and could only think about that Body being decent.
    Instead it's the Legion + VW Abjs.
    Yeah there's also the Refresh+2 head which still gets used for idle.
    Augments were easy but for the majority of pieces only the HQ ones could get the HQ aug, and I'm not really looking forward for items costing 80+ mils each.
    Altough I dunno, maybe that's just my problem. Maybe even if it's not just content for me, it's still "healthy" for the game as a whole to have stuff like that? I honestly ask that myself. The answer is probably "yes".
    I think there were also those legs for SAM/MNK/NIN?

@Prim
    Yeah. I discussed that briefly on FFXIAH and I agree, I was thinking the same exact thing about a chat command.
    If it handles debuffs too and not only buffs, it would be useful if such a command was useable on enemy targets as well.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

You guys talking like an ilvl Huginn Haubert couldn't be ~= or better than Tartarus Platemail in terms of DT-.

Don't know about you but give me something I can buy, even if it costs me 80m, over something with a shitfuck droprate that I would feel obligated to let others lot first on.

Ib4 "but PLD already gets DT- on..." Let me stop you there, nobody gives a shit about PLD DT-, these body pieces really shine for the jobs that don't have PLD RF empy.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Oh yeah I did that one a few times last campaign. Put patrick on bird, fireball a few times, try not to fall asleep.

Just did 6 runs of NoN. No abjurations, just trash. Oh well.
    That's disappointing then. But kind of makes sense given it just spits out the hexed gear. The 5 for the actual abjurations drop fairly well (probably partly because of multiple mobs that drop). My droprates on those if I didn't have any of the abjurations it dropped was like 1 every 2-3 runs iirc though since it clearly doesn't reroll shit goes downhill fast once you fill up on some.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

That's disappointing then. But kind of makes sense given it just spits out the hexed gear. The 5 for the actual abjurations drop fairly well (probably partly because of multiple mobs that drop). My droprates on those if I didn't have any of the abjurations it dropped was like 1 every 2-3 runs iirc though since it clearly doesn't reroll shit goes downhill fast once you fill up on some.
    Do they drop bodies or just random pieces? Did two muru farm runs tonight (me on BST + 2x THF) and got like 6k legion points, 2x of every abj that can drop in there I think, a few SMN BP earrings, and a decent amount of hexed synth mats.

I'm helping a friend who got banned and restarted level up in Escha so hopefully I can snag some HKC and try some more pops. My mule had 44 KC in his inventory today randomly...the dropping 5-6 seals per mob thing is nuts.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Oh yes I derped. I was thinking about the Einherjar abjs and could only think about that Body being decent.
    Instead it's the Legion + VW Abjs.
    Yeah there's also the Refresh+2 head which still gets used for idle.
    Augments were easy but for the majority of pieces only the HQ ones could get the HQ aug, and I'm not really looking forward for items costing 80+ mils each.
    Altough I dunno, maybe that's just my problem. Maybe even if it's not just content for me, it's still "healthy" for the game as a whole to have stuff like that? I honestly ask that myself. The answer is probably "yes".
    I think there were also those legs for SAM/MNK/NIN?
    Wasn't it at first only HQs could even be augged at all? But yeah it's one of those HQ or bust type things. Honestly I have mixed apprehension about it. I feel happy because I was selling hexed jacket -1s for a good 140-200mil when things were good. I feel bad because when soa came out despite that still being bis and no one having any idea that ilvl was on the way they stopped selling and the last one was a 20 mil loss. As far as if that is healthy I think it kind of is but is completely unsupportable in the current era/way of doing things. The whole rapid gear progression invalidates that sort of thing.... but in a few updates that will stop so it might return? Though not sure it will hit those prices again since a lot easier to lvl synths and gear the materials

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You guys talking like an ilvl Huginn Haubert couldn't be ~= or better than Tartarus Platemail in terms of DT-.

Don't know about you but give me something I can buy, even if it costs me 80m, over something with a shitfuck droprate that I would feel obligated to let others lot first on.

Ib4 "but PLD already gets DT- on..." Let me stop you there, nobody gives a shit about PLD DT-, these body pieces really shine for the jobs that don't have PLD RF empy.
    Ya know that wouldn't completely surprise what with the game kind of going back to the presoa days of long term gear acquirement and the jumping the shark stats they been giving us. And really it's going to be the only way I can see them adding longevity to a game they aren't adding anything to. Well besides even worse RNG hell than we already have to deal with lol

Also is pld body empy even any good anymore? I mean pld is often super tanking things or tanking multi things these days.... plus the hate update probably fucked that up the same way it fucked up atonement. And relic is already 10 dt

Do they drop bodies or just random pieces? Did two muru farm runs tonight (me on BST + 2x THF) and got like 6k legion points, 2x of every abj that can drop in there I think, a few SMN BP earrings, and a decent amount of hexed synth mats.
    If you mean NoN from the data it looks like it can drop any nq or hq hexed piece. ffxidb shows every single slot. If you mean the abj ones it's by set. So 1 BCNM can potentially drop any of 1 set another another set etc. http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/119...n!-(11-11-2013 will give you a good idea of the drops to expect unless they've changed it. Overall in the end think it might be most time efficient to do a mixture. Like do some KCNM for the sets you like and all the af3 seals you could ever want lol. Then after getting a bunch and stuff basically stops dropping because no reroll targeting the slots you still need with specific fights in either vw/legion

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Well if they continue to add literal VW drop rate items to content that cant be spammed unlimited amounts every 5 minutes with 18 chances to get the item every pop... There's the longevity. Just not in a way any of us want it.

I've seen a lot of people complain about the alluvion system but personally I think it is amazing. Yes, I hate RNG, but you can make a set for almost anything in the game you can think of. The only limit is your inventory. I think that's awesome. Guess only time will tell if/when we get alluvion razkaz and Escha 2, we'll have much clearer picture of where everything is going. Currently there's no doubt in my mind that the hexed upgrades could be very, very good though.

And they've already released one DT-10 body, a PDT-10 body in Escha, and Huginn is already DT-7. I don't think it would be too much jumping of the shark to see it at DT-10. Hell even if it stay DT-7 but is ilvl it's still going to be far preferable to Tartarus for most, because fuck killing Pluton 100 times+.

And I think I meant PLD relic body. It's all the same to me.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I was never into 100M+ hexed+1 upgrades and doubt I ever will be, but the fact that abjuration armors are getting upgrades makes me salivate even more for ilvl Salvage armors. Seems a lot more realistic of a possibility after seeing the Aug update notes...

Campaign
    BG Level

Wasn't it at first only HQs could even be augged at all?
    It was exactely like that. Then looooong after they allowed NQ pieces to be augmented in an attempt to make the related content a bit more interesting (and so make people do it instead of ignoring it) but they could only get NQ augments.

As far as if that is healthy I think it kind of is but is completely unsupportable in the current era/way of doing things.
    That's my concern.
    If we were talking about the old FF, like it or not, it was the way things had always been, it was coherent with the game etc. If you don't like it that's the door.
    I probably didn't like it even back then, but I found it very fitting with the overall game at least.
    Putting such a hardcore system in a game like FFXI is today looks so... out of place instead.
    I can see how some people will be happy because "yes! just like the old days!" but realistically, I dunno, I'm a bit concerned about how this is gonna work out or how it's gonna be once again that kind of thing that only 30 healthy players in the world care about and everybody else ignores.

Though not sure it will hit those prices again since a lot easier to lvl synths and gear the materials
    Considering it's more "accessible" to make money nowadays than it was back then, and considering how people are paying 80+ mils for drops or crafted +1 Blurred weapons and other stuff, I'm pretty confident there's gotta be at least a few people willing to spend 100 mils in an HQ hexed item.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

So I did like 20ish NoN runs today, I got 2 hexed jackets, a hexed bliaut, a hexed robe, hexed gambieras, and hexed blu gloves. No HQ pieces.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

guys if you think there are no adjustments to legion and VW in the upcomeing rhapsody KIs you are mistaken. Legion will prolly cost 0 gil and VW will get a KI that autoboosts lights to 1000++++ prolly

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    guys if you think there are no adjustments to legion and VW in the upcomeing rhapsody KIs you are mistaken. Legion will prolly cost 0 gil and VW will get a KI that autoboosts lights to 1000++++ prolly
    And we'll still get no drops at all! Oh yeah!
    0/2000+ on Coruscanti :D :D Go me

Btw are you back Damane? You told me you were busy irl with moving flat and stuff.

Who the fuck cares about Legion drops

Being able to see status shit on people is the best thing they posted. 13 years late but whatever.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

If the Huginn body doesn't get a DT upgrade or a huge ACC upgrade, the Chozoron body will probably still be more attractive for DT.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Currently there is a 0.36% drop rate for -1 pieces on XIDB: http://www.ffxidb.com/zones/31/gullinkambi

I still have a Hexed Coif -1 on one of my characters (deactivated). Someone pay me a birrion gil for it! ...actually, I can't be bothered to reactivate so don't bother.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    If the Huginn body doesn't get a DT upgrade or a huge ACC upgrade, the Chozoron body will probably still be more attractive for DT.
    Missing one important thing though: BST isn't on Chozoron body and BST is the only job in BST Fantasy XI.