BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Currently there is a 0.36% drop rate for -1 pieces on XIDB: http://www.ffxidb.com/zones/31/gullinkambi

I still have a Hexed Coif -1 on one of my characters (deactivated). Someone pay me a birrion gil for it! ...actually, I can't be bothered to reactivate so don't bother.
    Isn't that droprate kind of useless given it only drops during these campaigns?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Who does that BC outside of campaigns?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Now? Probably none but I'm sure it was done a bit when it came out. Is there a way to filter by date?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

That BC isn't really worth it. I did get a hexed jacked -1 back in the day, but the drop rate on even NQ gear is pretty bad.

Also, for people going after complete sets of hexed gear, I'd recommend doing the appropriate BC during this campaign because hand abjurations are still only available from random VW and Provenance.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Currently there is a 0.36% drop rate for -1 pieces on XIDB: http://www.ffxidb.com/zones/31/gullinkambi

I still have a Hexed Coif -1 on one of my characters (deactivated). Someone pay me a birrion gil for it! ...actually, I can't be bothered to reactivate so don't bother.
    That isnt the actual drop rate.

There will be tonnes of recorded kills on FFXIDB from when the campaign wasn't running, causing the drop rate to be terribly skewed down.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Just went 1/10 on NQ hexed gear. 0 obviously on -1. I wouldn't be surprised it was ~.5% for -1

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

What idiots do you guys know that do any BCs when the campaign isn't on? XIDB isn't that old and it came up around the time of the first campaign.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

What idiots do you guys know that do any BCs when the campaign isn't on? XIDB isn't that old and it came up around the time of the first campaign.
    I apologize actually.

Mog seal is 1033 out of 1400, so the vast majority of these kills must have happened during campaign. Probably not all of them, but the numbers are a lot more accurate than I thought at first glance.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Yeah, iirc that's not the only thing for that drop slot even? There's another Mog Kupon A-Lum (7.8%) and various event items.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I was under the assumption that it was based on ones before the first campaign which was November 11, 2013. Just how long has ffxidb been out? Looking on the site I can't find anything that says but the news goes back to March 10, 2013 which states it had been recording for some time...

Yeah, iirc that's not the only thing for that drop slot even? There's another Mog Kupon A-Lum (7.8%) and various event items.
    The kupons were there own drop slot. Things specific to that BC were there own drop slot... in this case 60 hexed pieces. Scrolls were there own, synth there own etc. I can testify that it doesn't reroll if you for rare items in a slot you already have as well. So once you get like 4/5 of an abjuration on those ones things start looking bleak.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

There are only 10 drop slots per chest. Still, right now it looks like at least 80% of chest openings took place during the campaign. That rolls the 0.36% drop rate up to 0.5%, which was still well within the margin of error anyway.

There are two barriers to acquiring Hexed -1 gear at the moment:
    1) Do you have the gil to buy it?
    2) Can you find it to buy?

The drop rate from this BC is really really low and you can't control which armor you get, so it doesn't address point #2. If you're doing the BC to just address point #1, then you might as well treat it as the average gil value of a -1. Most -1s aren't worth a shit at the moment and the drop rate is 0.5%, so it's average -1 value / 200. Even if the average value was 10mil (which it probably isn't), the net worth of that 0.5% drop rate is 50k per orb. Is it worth running out to Monarch Linn for 50k per orb?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Well, you can warp there. So takes all of 2-3 minutes

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Yeah, and if you could clear the BC every 3 minutes then you could do 20 runs in an hour and would make about 1mil/hr on average. I doubt you could do 10 runs in an hour though, let alone 20.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I doubt anyone is sitting on 1,000 HKC either to be able to spam 20 in a row unless you actively avoided doing any of the previous BC campaigns. Or are using multiple chars.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

There are only 10 drop slots per chest.
    There are two barriers to acquiring Hexed -1 gear at the moment:
    1) Do you have the gil to buy it?
    2) Can you find it to buy?

The drop rate from this BC is really really low and you can't control which armor you get, so it doesn't address point #2. If you're doing the BC to just address point #1, then you might as well treat it as the average gil value of a -1. Most -1s aren't worth a shit at the moment and the drop rate is 0.5%, so it's average -1 value / 200. Even if the average value was 10mil (which it probably isn't), the net worth of that 0.5% drop rate is 50k per orb. Is it worth running out to Monarch Linn for 50k per orb?
    These don't actually drop off the chests anyways though so that's not a factor. But yeah odds aren't the greatest. Took a look at a random abj dropping mob that I did a lot between like 1.3 and 4% for each. Given that there were 4 mobs that dropped and I got a piece every 2-3 runs unless I had a bunch of some and I ended up tossing the ones I didn't want to track odds it does appear that ffxidb did record mostly campaign ones

As far as gil goes it will end up being a bit higher. You should probably get like 10k in stuff you will npc. Then there are the legion/vw synth items which aren't worth what they used to be but might go up again because of this announcement. Then there's 30k you get just for completing... and Angha Gem still sells though it's dipped recently probably cause of this. Probably end up being more like 150k-200k per orb assuming the synth items drop as good as they do in abj BCs (accounting for the fact only 1 will drop on this one) Probably still not "worth it" unless you want some kupons and even then you'd probably make more money doing the abjs ones anyways but meh never done it so looks like fun

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Is this going to be the update where BST is nerfed?!

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    I doubt anyone is sitting on 1,000 HKC either to be able to spam 20 in a row unless you actively avoided doing any of the previous BC campaigns. Or are using multiple chars.
    Meeeeeeeee.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I had over 9000 of every type of crest when I deactivated, and that was after converting to seals a few times.

The CP grind is(was) real.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Is this going to be the update where BST is nerfed?!
    I really don't think it will happen. I'm pretty sure they know full well what they're doing.

If they nerf BST then everyone is fucked come post-november time. Would be 100% RIP any chance of getting shit done without at least 2-3 other actual people.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Well they would also merge the servers around that time too, it shouldn't be hard to find two~three other people.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast