Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

No real point of using a mythic unless you're maintaining AM3. The Maneuvers change made the overload effect pretty worthless.

And, I don't get to go PUP for Escha. Recently been going BLU instead of WHM. Since a PLD won't take much damage can nuke and keep the Paladin alive. Been doing all the NMs minus Pixies with Blu, Pld, and Geo.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    PUP is no joke, especially as a tank. I have around pet enmity+40 in my tank ready set for BST and even after like 30k damage, in some events a cure IV will make the mob go running. One of the biggest discussions on the BST board on ffxiah that comes up is "how to keep every non-bst in my party from instantly eating shit in pet tank setups?"

The answer is PUP. PUP holds hate over my tiger better than either of the burt/och/aegis PLDs I have access to, by far. That shit is no joke. Shame I am not close with any mythic PUPs with brains. This is just my experience with randoms in Escha. When you hold hate over me using Unleash with a GEO, I am surprised.
    Yeah the new pup buffs are really sweet. We've stopped bringing plds to tank various nms and people just roll with pup tank.

2 pups can duo tank like fucking everything. They even held their own for a very decent amount of time against shockmaw the other day, which I was pretty happy about.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Announcing the August Version Update (06/07/2015)

@Draylo (this thread moving fast!)

You are literally talking out your ass if you are talking about Escha.

Half the NMs in there require specialized pets / setups to be pet tanked. If you try to throw a tiger at it, even in the best gear, and have it tank then lolu.

If you are talking about just throwing a tiger on as DD? Then yeah, whatever, you're getting outdamaged. You're also getting outdamaged by (in no particular order): a good COR (support job), RNG, BLM, SCH (basically a healer), SMN.

Add in SAM and other DD who have PDT and MEVA sets like they should for actual content.

But sure, let's nerf BST.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by stamos View Post
    No real point of using a mythic unless you're maintaining AM3. The Maneuvers change made the overload effect pretty worthless.

And, I don't get to go PUP for Escha. Recently been going BLU instead of WHM. Since a PLD won't take much damage can nuke and keep the Paladin alive. Been doing all the NMs minus Pixies with Blu, Pld, and Geo.
    Impossible, the AOE would surely render you useless!!!!!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

None of the Aoes in Escha are scary. Except maybe Ferrodon or the Tuflaire with the nasty poison aura.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

It wasn't being pet tanked there was a PLD and it isn't the only content this has happened. Also no, I wasn't/don't get outdamaged by those jobs. You keep trying to make it seem like its not a big deal but you don't have to convince me so it doesn't get nerfed. I'm sure everyone realizes its potential at this point, you can see it in the shouts across servers alone.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

None of the Aoes in Escha are scary. Except maybe Ferrodon or the Tuflaire with the nasty poison
    I know this. Was in regards to previous posts on last page.

Sorry, you've been caught in my tangled web of sarcasm.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    It wasn't being pet tanked there was a PLD and it isn't the only content this has happened. Also no, I wasn't/don't get outdamaged by those jobs. You keep trying to make it seem like its not a big deal but you don't have to convince me so it doesn't get nerfed. I'm sure everyone realizes its potential at this point, you can see it in the shouts across servers alone.
    If you don't get outdamaged by those jobs then you're playing with people who aren't good at them.

A mythic COR with regain roll and GEO debuffs will shit all over me up, down, and sideways, and they are a support job. Papesse on SMN does in Escha as solo DD what it takes two of me to do because magic BP. Etc, etc, etc.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything. You are merely putting forth scenarios as if they are commonplace in actual endgame content. They aren't to anyone who plays this game with both hands, sorry.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Hoping the next Escha zone is higher level in regards to the regular mobs.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    If you don't get outdamaged by those jobs then you're playing with people who aren't good at them.

A mythic COR with regain roll and GEO debuffs will shit all over me up, down, and sideways, and they are a support job. Papesse on SMN does in Escha as solo DD what it takes two of me to do because magic BP. Etc, etc, etc.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything. You are merely putting forth scenarios as if they are commonplace in actual endgame content. They aren't to anyone who plays this game with both hands, sorry.
    Right, keep telling yourself that. It's funny how defensive you are getting like the very safety of your favoritest jobs life depends on it. Escha isn't the only content where this is common.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Yep. Agree to disagree. Not like my group is one of less than a handful of groups using BST as the only method of DD to clear escha T3/vagary/etc.

Nah definitely not the case that most groups use magic burn, SMN, or apparently even BLU (news to me).

I'm sorry a couple of scrubs ruffled your feathers but dear lord you are silly.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Right because clearly you know the situation on every server to make that call. I don't know how you think you are the pioneer of BST in Escha, but it really isn't that rare to see them running everywhere. My feathers aren't ruffled like it seems yours are, resorting to attacks and shit when I only stated my opinion like everyone else here lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Right because clearly you know the situation on every server to make that call. I don't know how you think you are the pioneer of BST in Escha, but it really isn't that rare to see them running everywhere. My feathers aren't ruffled like it seems yours are, resorting to attacks and shit when I only stated my opinion like everyone else here lol.
    Never called myself this or even alluded to it.

But for what it's worth...the evidence is right here on the forums complete with time and date, lol. That's really one of those statements that I don't think a single person who reads this forum would try to debate...lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

inb4 "wow u sure think highly of urself1!!1"

Yeah, no shit. What are we, new?

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

I barely have read your posts tbh so you could be right. Just because you are the only BST posting pics in the thread on this site doesn't make you the first though. A lot of people who play this game still don't even read forums. A lot of my friends don't even come to them due to all the negativity surrounding the game atm. Regardless of that, the point still stands that in my opinion its too strong compared to fully buffed DD's in current end game (which is mainly Escha and Vagary, maybe Delve.) I don't find that fair, just stating my opinion like everyone else.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'm in his group and BST isn't nearly as overpowered as you make it out to be. With COR rolls, GEO (idris more than half the time) and literally over 300 items for every situation imaginable, sure BST will seem overpowered; as will every single other job in the game. Just to kill vagary bosses an insane amount of preparation has to go into gearing BST meanwhile SCH, BLM, GEO can just whore out a bit of alluvion skirmish and easily break 30k dmg off of MBs no problem. Guess we should re-nerf nuke jobs again and make them absolutely useless.

edit: don't forget that MBs are nearly enmity free as well!

Campaign
    BG Level

Still waiting for PupBuffs!

Tramp is ready
    It's pretty hilarious how in 10 years PUP is the job who probably got the most adjustments (or close to that) and despite that it's still mostly a loljob and never really was OP not even once.
    I say that as a PUP myself and a person who still loves the job. I perfectly know how it can be effective, but it requires a lot of effort and it's still just not functional in many situations.
    Sometimes it feels like PUP really is SE's unwanted child or something.

Campaign
    BG Level

As for BST: I couldn't care less wether or not BST gets nerfed, I'm not the kind of person who goes around whining in forums demanding job X to be nerfed. I doubt I've ever did that in the past. Plus I'm a BST too.
    At the same time, saying BST isn't broken or that it's the same as PUP or SMN is a big fat lie.

Again, I couldn't care less wether or not they will nerf it, but it's undoubtely making so players can ignore certain mechanics on fights which were thought and meant to be fought in a certain way when SE created them. But then again this aspect has always been part of FFXI one way or another. This time it's BST that's under the spotlight.
    It ends there for me, but trying to deny this fact and saying that BST is just like any other job or only "maybe slightly better" is quite funny.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ziz Gorlin
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I never said it *wasn't* broken, just that isn't as broken as everyone makes it out to be. At almost any given time at least 10-20% of the population that isn't anon is on BST on my server yet only 1 NA group consistently has killed T3 escha (another group FINALLY killed a t3 today and they didn't even use BSTs) and JPs aren't exactly whoring out escha like they did delve 1 when it first came out.

I will admit DDs are fucked compared to BST on Escha stuff (especially if you aren't a SAM) but I haven't seen very many groups try it with competent DD (I recall seeing groups not even using torpor, like... hello pls) asides from Ejin, who guess what, cleared t3s earlier than most (if not all?) I assure you mages could very easily kill t3s just as easily, if not more easily than BSTs if they put in the same preparation into their gear sets and buffs as BSTs.

also PUPs good for tanking, that's about it. SMN got owned with the nerf

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Not really trying to argue I am honestly genuinely curious:

How is sitting back and BSTing things to death any different from SCH scing and BLMs MBing (how almost everything in vagary dies), RNG burning DM2/HTB VD/etc (the only way a lot were done for a while), SMN burning things, or having a SAM stand out of AoE > run in to SC > run out while people MB?

In every one of those scenarios the only person dealing with ANY mob mechanics is the PLD and to some extent WHM. It's the same with BST as DD. I promise you I cannot output, without unleash, the damage a good BLM or SCH can on MB. Both generate almost no enmity, and mythic SCH gonna MB pluton for 99999? The boss of vagary? The highest damage possible by BST on ilvl content, period, is ~48k under unleash and with spur before fix.

I just wonder if you are all so used to this being the norm that you don't consider it? Or why you think it is different? Hell if pets get petrified there is literally nothing you can do other than get rid of it or wait. How much shit in i130+ content petrifies? Everything? Death spam with attune not affecting pets in any way? Did Putraxia tonight with two BST as the only damage...got death happy and even after random deal to reset timers the PLD had to sac at 5% a few times til my CB timer was up.

On and on and on...