Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

tl;dr: We all suck without the tank equally?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by urat View Post
    tl;dr: We all suck without the tank equally?
    #nerfPLD2015

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ramzii View Post
    but I haven't seen very many groups try it with competent DD
    Tbf I haven't seen very many groups try Escha, period

SMN got owned with the nerf
    Still think it's a bug and a side-consequence of them "fixing" the JP category (which was broken before, according to what they said)

@Sath
    It's not my intention to argue, in the end I have little interest on what's gonna happen (or not happen!) to BST as a job in the future. I seriously do not care for that.
    Ramzii said "BST isn't as broken as people say it is" and that's probably true, and it likely applies to the majority of other jobs who were broken in the past. They never were as broken as whiners (who tend to exagerate) wanted to make them sound to be.
    At the same time I'm not really sure you're the most unbiased person around about BST.
    BST is just the current bandwagon jobs and we're seeing the same old scenario with people arguing it has to be nerfed and others saying noooo it's not like thaaaat. How many times have we seen this scenario? Grabbing my popcorn as I wait for the next job to go under that special spotlight.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Yeah I'm absolutely not unbiased, wont find me disagreeing with that.

That's why I'd like to understand what it is about "BST burning" or whatever that is so different from the scenarios I discussed in my last post because I honestly can't figure it out. It is objectively and mathematically less efficient than SC + MB for almost any endgame content currently.

Maybe there are some real opinions, maybe people have (definitely some have) serious misconceptions about how much it takes to be useful in serious content, maybe any number of things.

Personally, I think for most it happens to be a case of "That's not a job I play! What do you mean I can't join your group that I would've been able to join last week? But I have xyz RME!" hoping the job gets nerfed so they can go back to being wanted, all while being on a job that is only good because of some change that made it not shit at some point in the recent past.

I think the majority of posters here are above that which is why I want opinions from people here.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    And we'll still get no drops at all! Oh yeah!
    0/2000+ on Coruscanti :D :D Go me

Btw are you back Damane? You told me you were busy irl with moving flat and stuff.
    i moved all my stuff, but did quit FF11 atm and am playing 14. Didnt see much reason to log in to FF11 just to be afk during the evening ¬.¬

Campaign
    BG Level

Aw that's too bad, but understandable.
    If you ever feel like comin back hit me up on /tell buddy

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ramzii View Post
    I'm in his group and BST isn't nearly as overpowered as you make it out to be. With COR rolls, GEO (idris more than half the time) and literally over 300 items for every situation imaginable, sure BST will seem overpowered; as will every single other job in the game. Just to kill vagary bosses an insane amount of preparation has to go into gearing BST meanwhile SCH, BLM, GEO can just whore out a bit of alluvion skirmish and easily break 30k dmg off of MBs no problem. Guess we should re-nerf nuke jobs again and make them absolutely useless.

edit: don't forget that MBs are nearly enmity free as well!
    Yeah I'm in a full pet ls that can often field full allainces and for things that are aoe dmg heavy we still just bring mages unless you are pimped out because it's faster/easier and gearing requirement is a bit easier. Average bst isn't too crazy it just doesn't need it's own healer

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah the new pup buffs are really sweet. We've stopped bringing plds to tank various nms and people just roll with pup tank.

2 pups can duo tank like fucking everything. They even held their own for a very decent amount of time against shockmaw the other day, which I was pretty happy about.
    What setups do you use for that? Like frame/attachment/maneuvers?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I wish pet parties were more popular on Bahamut.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    What setups do you use for that? Like frame/attachment/maneuvers?
    I have no clue. My pup is level 10 I think. I can ask the ls mates though, see what they say.

I just flame punch shit, smn is the most fun in my opinion. We have a lot more to do than just spam razor claws every 10 seconds.

Like... /ma "Ifrit" <me>! Cause randy can face tank at least 3-4 AoEs and ifrit just dies... every time

But in all seriousness I often am also main healer of my party because all the beastmasters are /nin or /dnc and dont have tp to waltz, so I just spam Cure III on everyone with my infinite mp pool.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I have to agree that I don't think bst needs a nerf. It's a good strat and if you have the right gear it works very well - but it's not the only strat out there right now. I understand why Draylo might think it's op - every shout on asura seems to want them lately (and a lot of the bst on this server are garbage quality). Frankly, we of the mage onry camp think the rest of you are crazy. If only we could have the sch tank as well and get rid of that pesky paladin all would be well in the world... (lets not talk about pixies or pazuzu though!)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by The Assman View Post
    I wish pet parties were more popular on Bahamut.
    That's actually why I moved to shiva.... only ever saw 1 guy shout for pet stuff and the pet ls I was in had mostly moved to 14 or shiva lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I have no clue. My pup is level 10 I think. I can ask the ls mates though, see what they say.

I just flame punch shit, smn is the most fun in my opinion. We have a lot more to do than just spam razor claws every 10 seconds.

Like... /ma "Ifrit" <me>! Cause randy can face tank at least 3-4 AoEs and ifrit just dies... every time

But in all seriousness I often am also main healer of my party because all the beastmasters are /nin or /dnc and dont have tp to waltz, so I just spam Cure III on everyone with my infinite mp pool.
    Cool also frame/head would be nice. Kind of planning on making a tank build soon and giving them survivability is fairly especially with Cannibal Blade but don't have any experience with hate building with auto

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I donno about harder stuff but while CP grinding in gates zones Auto Repair Kit III + optic fiber was enough to keep valoredge at full HP while tanking exp mobs. Flash bulb and Strobe II should be all you need to keep hate for the most part, pet enmity + gear doesn't hurt. You'll need the 100 CP gift to equip all 3 of those light based attachments though.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

what does this bst debate that just goes in circles have to do with the august version update? Keep checkin thread for cool news/talk about the upcomin update and just get disappointed by the same arguement. You guys obviously arent gonna change each others minds.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    I donno about harder stuff but while CP grinding in gates zones Auto Repair Kit III + optic fiber was enough to keep valoredge at full HP while tanking exp mobs. Flash bulb and Strobe II should be all you need to keep hate for the most part, pet enmity + gear doesn't hurt. You'll need the 100 CP gift to equip all 3 of those light based attachments though.
    unless it got changed in one of the latest patch, I don't think Flashbulb generates enmity?

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

edit: wrong thread

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    unless it got changed in one of the latest patch, I don't think Flashbulb generates enmity?
    Correct. It's not like the player Flash spell, automaton flashbulb just serves to blind the target and act as a JA (notable for procs in Dyna and VW). It does generate the minimum possible enmity - flashbulb alone is enough to put the automaton on a mob's hate list - but it's not an enmity generation tool.

That being said, ditching the flashbulb does free up 2 light slots to tack on another Auto-Repair Kit. Can do Auto-Repair I, III, and Optic Fiber with the 100JP gift (or just skip the T1 without the gift).

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Ah, that's right. I actually hadn't even thought about it not generating enmity as it's been a long time since I've bothered to equip it. I suppose you could stack both strobes for the added emnity. I'm unsure if either has a more potent provoke or not or if the enmity from provoke is greater with both beyond the normal enmity the attachments give. Stacking both definitely doesn't give the automaton 2 provoke timers.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Hitou View Post
    Well staying alive with VE is pretty easy with CB.... just haven't tried using them to keep hate off of say mages or high dps melees yet which is my eventual goal

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6