A gigantic waste of space
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Maurauc Baelfyr
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Announcing the August Version Update (06/07/2015)

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...3978/13978.jpg
    The August patch is on its way!

The August patch will introduce the second chapter to Rhapsodies of Vana'diel, a new area, and new battle content.

Of course, it doesn't end there. This patch will also be jammed-packed with goodies, including the final quest in the adventures of the Tarutaru Sauce duo, new alter egos, new Unities, new methods to further enhance hexed equipment, as well as balance and adjustments to jobs, existing content and quests, and a bevy of other improvements.

Finally, new quality of life improvements will include the ability to retain equipment set macros server-side as well as the ability to view status effects applied to party members.

Keep an eye out for more details on this version update as August approaches!
    Announcing the August update 3 weeks early (at least) is an interesting move.
    Biggest note I see there is the ability to see party member's status effects!

Campaign
    BG Level

Wonder what they mean with that. Couldn't we see that already?
    Could that change be the source of their additional data added in the packet in the june patch? I mean maybe they did that change while aiming for this goal of tracking somehow party buffs/debuffs?

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Looking good! Hexed gear +2 too.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I'm tempted to pose a question on the OF about the status thing but is it likely to be explained somewhere later down the line anyway?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

If they're improving hexed gear, I'm betting there will be legion and voidwatch improvements contained in the new rhapsody key items this time.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

iLv hexed armor or just new methods to get the same tatter/honor augments?

And is that a Nashmeira II trust? She's my favorite expansion heroine so I'm ok with that.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

They said we'll be able to "further" enhance hexed gear, so it's going to be something we don't have right now.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I certainly hope it's not going to require old hexed gear...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I wanna see 18 derps in ilvl gear still wipe to Mul though!

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Well i was surprised to see this post here since I just was at pol site and didnt see anything new. I had to refresh the page like 5 times for it to show up. So weird.

Sounds nice. I hope "New Unities" means new NMs and not adding more unity leaders/groups.

Campaign
    BG Level

I'm afraid it means exactly that trumpy, new leaders.
    As for the hexed gear the way they worded it makes me think about requiring the old, but that would be pretty stupid... Would any of those items be good today, with just stat vomit on them?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    I wanna see 18 derps in ilvl gear still wipe to Mul though!
    Lol me too. I just don't want to do PW again.... especially since now it seems like a lot of people don't have provenance. Or have to deal with the synth material availability. Guess it's time to spam the heck out of HKCNM and such for the abj just in case.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    I'm afraid it means exactly that trumpy, new leaders.
    As for the hexed gear the way they worded it makes me think about requiring the old, but that would be pretty stupid... Would any of those items be good today, with just stat vomit on them?
    Assuming the augments are at least as good as before definitely. Khepri Jacket and the Huginn Gambieras are still borderline useable for some things. Iaso Mitra , Iaso Boots were pretty much still bis until alluvion yorcia. Spurrina Coif was best until vagary. A lot of others were decent before soa came out so depending on the vomit maybe. Wonder if upgrading them will wipe the augments still.... not like auging them was bad

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Considering there's a pic of a guy in Koenig gear I'm gonna guess they mean all abjuration gear and not just hexed sets. If it's not bumped up to ilevel somehow it will be pretty pointless though. The worst part about the blurb is they didn't forget about finishing the Tarutaru Sauce quest-line...

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Wonder what they mean with that. Couldn't we see that already?
    Could that change be the source of their additional data added in the packet in the june patch? I mean maybe they did that change while aiming for this goal of tracking somehow party buffs/debuffs?
    What I'm picturing is an <stpc> type command where you select a party member and a list of their effects pop up in your log. Hopefully differentiated by positive/negative effects.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Lol me too. I just don't want to do PW again.... especially since now it seems like a lot of people don't have provenance. Or have to deal with the synth material availability. Guess it's time to spam the heck out of HKCNM and such for the abj just in case.
    The lower tiers are EASILY soloable by BST while paying maybe 10% attention maximum. Mul is easily doable by any 3-4 of the following: COR RDM PLD BST THF. Add more BST and can farm final wave 8~10 times with 1 party.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The lower tiers are EASILY soloable by BST while paying maybe 10% attention maximum. Mul is easily doable by any 3-4 of the following: COR RDM PLD BST THF. Add more BST and can farm final wave 8~10 times with 1 party.
    Oh I know which is why the inevitable wipes will be even funnier unless you are with those losers.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Yeah I'm just saying, honestly soloing legion is probably less work than doing HKCNM, also can farm synth mats for hexed shit.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It's also a lot more expensive.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah I'm just saying, honestly soloing legion is probably less work than doing HKCNM, also can farm synth mats for hexed shit.
    yeah but I have more experience soloing/dual boxing HKCNM... that said I really doubt it's less work or that much less they are really easy (was triboxing before ilvl) and droprates are high plus mog koupons!!!! Well the abj ones are anyways the one that directly drops uncursed HQs looks kind of hard... but yeah being able to completely skip the synth is nice. mostly though it's a way to avoid provenence/vw since legion only drops feet head and body and iirc body is only on the harder stuff that might be hard to solo

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast