1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 38 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 1 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 8 hours, 38 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Our floor 4 strat was:

Burn the right foot. We left our war on the left foot everyone else on the right. Balls near the right foot the PLD ate, left foot WAR, middle ranged and mages.

After the right foot dies burn the middle, then start on the left. Adds near the left foot the tank and melee took. Right foot was our ranged and back of the room our sch burned them. Just don't take 4 stacks.

Last phase mages were in the back about a third of the room apart. Balls were handled just like before. The tank buster ramps up (I didn't pay much attention to it) but I took big damage I just popped a CD.

We cleared it 6 times with 5:50-6:00 kill times

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Alexander Discussion: Brayflox with Echo

Perpetual laser ( thinks that's the name) is on a random member right ? A lot of time I was taking balls and on the third blast I got lasered at the same time, which kills me

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jahaudant Rivea
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by HitomeOfBismarck View Post
    Discoid is the move that puts a purple reticule over someone and bombards them with orange orbs. But I believe the tank buster actually occurs during Discoid. I think the tank buster is called Perpetual Ray after looking over a log for a random DF run this night. Appears to happen 4 times in succession:

http://i.imgur.com/az9rqTj.png

Hydrothermal appears to be the 5th 'hit' but occurs around 4 seconds after the Perpetual Ray barrage. It could just be move in his rotation that he sometimes throws in during the Perpetual Ray combo, though. There's a fairly large variance on its damage, too.

Can any tanks verify what order this occurs in/when? Would be nice to get a supervirus off beforehand.
    Virus just before or immediately after the Discoid cast finishes. The 5-hit tank buster starts like 1-2 seconds after this and there's about 1 second between hits.

Related... it's magical damage! (and so is pretty much everything else). DRK can actually MT this thing well. Also, playing OT in this fight is boring. You spend the majority of the time 2v1ing bloody trash in a private booth.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Joyo Mojo
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Kul Tiras

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Burn the right foot. We left our war on the left foot everyone else on the right. Balls near the right foot the PLD ate, left foot WAR, middle ranged and mages.
    Have your war go on the right foot with everyone else. The feet dont do anything and once you kill one the other one gets healed to full anyways.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jahaudant Rivea
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Joyo View Post
    Have your war go on the right foot with everyone else. The feet dont do anything and once you kill one the other one gets healed to full anyways.
    As OT in this fight I stand in the middle of the two feet and DPS the left one along with the rest of the party. The feet occasionally starts steaming and become stunnable... If the right foot starts steaming I'll tab to it and stun. I think this prevents the random laser nuke on DPS. Could be wrong though, didn't pay too much attention.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Joyo View Post
    Good to know. We thought both feet were doing attacks.

It was so faceroll we never really got into the actual mechanics. Besides holding hate I was sword oath tanking floors 1,3,4. Floor 2 PLD is virtually useless we are going to just dual WAR that turn.

BG Level

Btw if someone dies in the '2nd dimension" of F4, that person is gone for that try so either wipe or continue at 7

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I one shotted F1, two shotted F2 and two shotted F3 in DF last night having never watched a video or read a strat on them. So yeah, it's easy.

Mechanically they are some fun fights though. I enjoy F2 and F3 a lot -- F1 was okay, but it felt like recycled mechanics except for the shrinking bombs thing. I couldn't get F4 down in a DF on my first group -- we wiped about 6 times before someone bailed -- but it seems pretty easy.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Therin View Post
    I one shotted F1, two shotted F2 and two shotted F3 in DF last night having never watched a video or read a strat on them. So yeah, it's easy.

Mechanically they are some fun fights though. I enjoy F2 and F3 a lot -- F1 was okay, but it felt like recycled mechanics except for the shrinking bombs thing. I couldn't get F4 down in a DF on my first group -- we wiped about 6 times before someone bailed -- but it seems pretty easy.
    We had issues with F2, primarily because the first time we had an idiot DRK tank, second time we had 3 BRDs and BLM for DPS. Third go was a lot better.

BG Level

imo T4 and 2 could be the worse to PUG

T3 was really fun and it reminded me of Liquid flame from FFV ( with different moves of course)

T1 was meh and I have to admit I didn't understood most of the mecanics at first (which someone then said just kill adds under lasers)

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The exciting part is how they can tweak these encounters for savage. There is a lot going on and savage will pull it all together I'm sure.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    The exciting part is how they can tweak these encounters for savage. There is a lot going on and savage will pull it all together I'm sure.
    We were trying to theorycraft this last night. For Floor 1 I kind of expect 4 lasers so each DPS would be responsible for a single laser, instead of 2 on 1.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    imo T4 and 2 could be the worse to PUG

T3 was really fun and it reminded me of Liquid flame from FFV ( with different moves of course)

T1 was meh and I have to admit I didn't understood most of the mecanics at first (which someone then said just kill adds under lasers)
    I cleared all floors on DF 3 hours after the patch, I didn't realize the difficulty before going with PUGs. And yeah T2 and T4 could be very tricky.
    Seing how all floors work, I guess savage mode will be hell.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'm so confused about f3 thematically. It's all goblins and steam punk monsters throughout everything, then in f3 its like, ok, have fun fighting this giant cum monster.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eurell View Post
    I'm so confused about f3 thematically. It's all goblins and steam punk monsters throughout everything, then in f3 its like, ok, have fun fighting this giant cum monster.
    Don't you dare bitch about FFV

I do wish they make the boss look like flames though

jkafd

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    We were trying to theorycraft this last night. For Floor 1 I kind of expect 4 lasers so each DPS would be responsible for a single laser, instead of 2 on 1.
    Nah, there will be 6 lazers and 6 mobs. 4 is too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by HitomeOfBismarck View Post
    Discoid is the move that puts a purple reticule over someone and bombards them with orange orbs. But I believe the tank buster actually occurs during Discoid. I think the tank buster is called Perpetual Ray after looking over a log for a random DF run this night. Appears to happen 4 times in succession:

http://i.imgur.com/az9rqTj.png

Hydrothermal appears to be the 5th 'hit' but occurs around 4 seconds after the Perpetual Ray barrage. It could just be move in his rotation that he sometimes throws in during the Perpetual Ray combo, though. There's a fairly large variance on its damage, too.

Can any tanks verify what order this occurs in/when? Would be nice to get a supervirus off beforehand.
    This is perfect, did a virus after discord and one shot it with a pug group. Thanks!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

F3 savage will have 4 +\- tethers between all 8 members and they will happen more often and the tornados will pop in pairs, (one for each tank) also will pop more frequently. adds phase will spawn twice as many mobs to kill in the same amount of time and if even one gets by its a wipe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast