1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 55 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 8 hours, 55 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    After so many bad group, at least I had a winning group so i stayed.

Got my pedal after 6th A1 win today

We did 13 A2 clears last night for 3 Pedals. Fucking torture.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    We did 13 A2 clears last night for 3 Pedals. Fucking torture.
    I still need A3 and A4 legs zzzzzzzzz

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

What's to say they're not doing the WoW thing and having it drop recolored or...better yet...DYEABLE i200 gear?

@Sketch: As MT it's better not to take risks when it involves clearing. But first option would be simply ask your healers. That's entirely a 'how long is my HP bar, really' mechanic, and with a good healer on the ball, that answer is 'really friggin long'. That said? Discoid leads into Perpetual, so first thought says 'don't move the MT'. Since you're using Warrior OT, if he likes to chill in Deliverance and pump big DPS, I'd try and weave some ranged through the balls if possible, with healing aid. If that's not possible, then the OT has to suck it up and take one for the team. DPS isn't all that matters. (it's just the only thing that matters)

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cage Rancor
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

That's exactly what they're doing with Savage........ Dyable versions of the normal mode.

The only question is going to be will we need to upgrade the normal gear, or buy savage gear separately.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

hoping we know tomorrow

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So are there any actual strategies up anywhere or am I going to be forced to watch MrHappy videos ._.?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hitome Naoki
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

By the way..I meant to ask: are the orbs on F4 physical, magical, or special damage? Manaward had no effect on them and I didn't really get to try wall much. I assume they're not negatable with any CDs which will make savage a lot of fun since it forces everyone to take an orb or two.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

According to ACT, orbs are classified as Darkness damage instead of magic. Maybe that's why manaward doesn't work on them.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jahaudant Rivea
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    So are there any actual strategies up anywhere or am I going to be forced to watch MrHappy videos ._.?
    Watch the MTQCapture videos if you must watch a video. They are easier to understand by far and she obviously puts a lot more effort in to them... Can't stand watching 20 seconds of total footage repeated back-to-back over a 3 minute video.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I'll do a short text rundown a little later today covering the highlights (and what's unclear).

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Therin View Post
    The funny thing is we tend to focus Dolls down before Walkers, seems Dolls natural damage is scarier to us than the V stacks.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

This is exactly what I used and have been facerolling thus far.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

More or less. Only things I'd add as nitpick nuances:

1 - The add spawns with the same hate table as the first boss, so it's easiest if you tank swap after add spawns (OT becomes MT on the original mob, old MT runs across). Because the add is untargetable for some time.

2 - Gobwalker vehicle: Use recharge on the red mechs (big mechs too?) when they are 15% or below to properly recharge. probably need to precast at 20%ish.

3 - Tornado phase, pudding types are priority kill. They move fast when close to the edge.

4 - Phase 1: Sometimes a leg will start venting steam and lose its stun resistance. I am told elsewhere on reddit that doing this lowers the damage of the random Perpetual Ray that hits people in this phase. Whenever OT is sent to the other room their hate resets to MT should probably just tank both legs.

Do you need to recharge the vehicle? The way our strat is I never run out of charge.

Everyone just hugs the corner, whm solo heals, I(the sch) use the mount to only pull bombs away and tick vuln down on scary stuff while waiting on bombs, dps just aoe everthing down. I never need to recharge ever lol.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Probably have to for Savage, idk. Helps to know ._.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Anyone know what makes The Manipulator gain a Damage Up stack, or two? Wipes pugs nasty fast.

New Merits
    BG Level

Noticed that goblin sniper on A2 second wave has set aggro on healer, need to provoke in order to get it off healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Sometimes a leg will start venting steam and lose its stun resistance. I am told elsewhere on reddit that doing this lowers the damage of the random Perpetual Ray that hits people in this phase.
    I mentioned this to our tanks and MT agrees.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

The steam-leg stun does reduce Perpetual Ray damage. It will target two random players and begin charging. An early stun can net as low as 1.7k on the hit I believe and there's also a visual indicator: If the stun is hit, Ray will be red. If not stunned, Ray will be blue.