1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 19 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 20 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 13 hours, 19 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Possible 1-shot mechanic in savage?

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmakan View Post
    Possible 1-shot mechanic in savage?
    would make sense, stun or die.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

I always stun it on MNK with Shoulder Tackle, there's enough time between them to get every one with it. Might be best to have MT focus on doing them though since it will do one when the OT/DPS get quarantined, at least in Normal mode. If I happen to be quarantined our MT just gets it. Pretty much eliminates any fuckery with balls + laser one shotting people by going off at the same time. Since realizing that mechanic it completely trivialized the entire fight though, since it's the only thing that really does any damage outside of the tank busters in the final phase.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I just routinely forget to save Low Blow for it

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Update: I think I fully understand the steaming leg stun mechanic now.

Phase 1 (2 legs alive): Steam vents after every DISCOID (only one leg will be steaming, so watch both)
    Phase 2 (1 leg alive): Steam vents after every EMERGENCY QUARANTINE

Failing to stun the steaming leg within a ~3s window will make the followup random party member Perpetual Rays do a lot more damage. Additionally, Manipulator gains a permanent stacking damage boost each time you fail. You will know you did this correctly because Perpetual Ray will be a red laser instead of a blue laser.

On DRK or WAR MT you basically just want to save Low Blow / Brutal Swing. It will be up for every one if you hold it, but spamming it will result in being ~5-10s too slow for the following steam.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

you sure? because most of PTs doesn't stun and they don't get stack

had video where PT get stack but i lost it lol

and great info ty for sharing '3'

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jahaudant Rivea
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

My concern is that we are too busy face-rolling Alex normal mode and ignoring pretty much all mechanics that we barely know what this shit even does. The leg stun stuff is one thing, but I also highly doubt the intended way of dealing with Nisi is "just stand over there". Savage will be fun.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

The issue with that line of thinking imo is that most of F4 Alex is splash damage. You're already encouraged to spread out, and Nisi just enforces that more brutally. Touching someone increases Nisi's stacks, making it harder to deal with, doesn't it? So odds are Savage will just have a mechanic encouraging the tradeoff of that damage for NOT DYING or some other shenanigans. It's not that we're doing it wrong, it's that this was MADE to be faceroll. We don't have all the pieces of the puzzle, so we can't come to a good conclusion, and that was their intent.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    you sure? because most of PTs doesn't stun and they don't get stack

had video where PT get stack but i lost it lol

and great info ty for sharing '3'
    Not 100% sure actually. All I can really say for certain is that it reduces ray damage, and an attempt where I forgot a stun or two had 2 stacks in final phase while one where I stunned every time had no stacks. It could be that stacks come from handling something else incorrectly? Maybe balls hitting their Discoid target? idk, got my loot for the week so <_<

Sometimes stun just happened to be incidental (MNK DRG NIN).

Also, in Normal there is a log message for the, say, right hindleg being defeated when you kill the right foreleg. So in Savage we may see 4 leg phases. Possibly even multiple stuns required.

Thoughts for Savage changes

1: Probably will see twice as many adds/meteors. Maybe a tank swap mechanic.
    2: Certain mobs will probably be near impossible to tank together (might have to split Jagds).
    3: Just to fuck with you: Magnet x4, and Magnet failing is death. Have to arrange a square/rectangle appropriately. More likely just 2x magnet chains though, or at worst whole party has to deal with it at once (4 pairs). Also probably a tank swap mechanic (we sometimes swap in final phase at 4-5 stacks anyways if DPS is slow / got MPK'd).

Edit: I wonder if it's killing with Perpetual Ray gives stacks.

Edit2: Seems one confirmed way of damage stacks is when laser tethers kill their marked someone.