1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 30 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 8 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 1 hours, 30 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch 3.01 Notes     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah, but when I was i70 I wasn't exactly begging on a street corner for MP.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

They definitely adjusted the MP costs to compensate for higher ilvls, much like how they made the dungeon mobs have high hp to compensate for higher ilvls as well. A party of ilvl145's going into Neverreap would be going at a crawl.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

at i70 I'd be shocked if you were thinking of dpsing as hard as most healers attempt to do in dungeons and raids currently. In fact I don't think that became a viable thing until scob, at least for the group that I play with we never thought of using healer dps to push phases in t5, used holy once or twice for the spiders in t4 but they almost always missed so there is that.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    They definitely adjusted the MP costs to compensate for higher ilvls, much like how they made the dungeon mobs have high hp to compensate for higher ilvls as well. A party of ilvl145's going into Neverreap would be going at a crawl.
    I remember my first Neverreap... holy shit, just the first pull took forever.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

In i70 gear? Absolutely. At the very least I tried to fit in Aeros during T2-T4, and dungeons were a no brainer, but that has always been my playstyle as WHM. Even now in my crummy gear I'll always fit in Aero III - I if I feel I can manage everyone's HP.

Only time I didn't was when I was in i50 gear doing A.Keep in DF, because it was outright impossible with how bad the gear was for that dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    at i70 I'd be shocked if you were thinking of dpsing as hard as most healers attempt to do in dungeons and raids currently. In fact I don't think that became a viable thing until scob, at least for the group that I play with we never thought of using healer dps to push phases in t5, used holy once or twice for the spiders in t4 but they almost always missed so there is that.
    My group wasn't that good for first coil. I had to holy spiders, then solo heal dreadnaut while sch dpsd it, than switched back to holy for next phase while he healed. Without healer dps my group couldn't clear it, this was like the first week though of coil being out.

There is almost no content in the game that requires 2 full time healers and pushed phases always equals less healing, so ya healers have always been doing dps even at i70.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

You've played with some pretty shit DPS, then again the first coil group I was with was an absolute train wreck with just a single train of thought without actually trying to handle encounters properly. Demanded adds moved to certain locations so DPS couldn't have a lot of up time, war stayed in defiance for dreads and healers that choked hard.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    at i70 I'd be shocked if you were thinking of dpsing as hard as most healers attempt to do in dungeons and raids currently.
    I'm definitely not running out of MP from DPSing. My attack spells are among the cheapest spells I have and Energy Drain generates MP.

I'm running out of MP because Adlo/Succor/Stoneskin have been bumped up to ridiculous costs. I understand that you commonly had to do some Physick spamming in ARR progression content for MP conservation, but I have to Physick spam in effing Fractal Continuum or I will bleed out.

In fact, I frequently end up using Energy Drain without Cleric Stance because 1) I desperately need the MP and 2) Lustrate sucks now, so when I use CS that means I have to plan for 5 seconds of no heals at all.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

How much MP is Energy Drain returning? I find it very hard to believe that it beats out Lustrate, even with its recent change, but I don't play SCH.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Energy drain returns somewhere around 890 mp or so.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I use energy drain when my aetherflow timer is about to reset and I need mp....3 energy drain, aetherflow, you've got a nice chunk of mp in a hurry. Situational, of course.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    How much MP is Energy Drain returning? I find it very hard to believe that it beats out Lustrate, even with its recent change, but I don't play SCH.
    875-890ish

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Energy Drain is still less MP-efficient than Lustrate, but Lustrate can't be used to put up shields or stoneskin.

All of the above are less MP efficient than Physick anyway, but there you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stromgarde View Post
    Energy drain returns somewhere around 890 mp or so.
    Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma View Post
    875-890ish
    The fk.

That's only like 100 more than it returned at 50.

The WHM I work with gets mad if I'm healing instead of dpsing, so energy drain is nice and keeps my mp full in case something bad happens and I need to actually throw a heal out lol.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    The fk.

That's only like 100 more than it returned at 50.
    Do you mean proportionally? At 50 it was 266 per. If it's 890 apiece that's almost 3 times as good. If it's 890 total for all 3 then that's pretty fucked up but expected I guess.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

This thread is depressing lol

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Do you mean proportionally? At 50 it was 266 per. If it's 890 apiece that's almost 3 times as good. If it's 890 total for all 3 then that's pretty fucked up but expected I guess.
    I get 884 mp for energy drain and 2336 mp for aetherflow, so up to 4988 mp/min.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    This thread is depressing lol
    Well, the live letter is like opening a present on christmas and all you got was a tape of someone taking a shit on your real gifts. The fact you got a video instead of actual shit was a nice gesture but the content is still..shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Oh derp, I was thinking of the MP recovery from Aetherflow not Energy Drain, nvm.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast