1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 4 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 9 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 0 hours, 4 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch 3.01 Notes     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm not sure if Energy Drain scales with PIE, but for me it's exactly 50% (884) of fairy summon MP (1768, which is why Dissipate sucks as it's only a net of 1 AF).

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Well, the live letter is like opening a present on christmas and all you got was a tape of someone taking a shit on your real gifts.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Well, the live letter is like opening a present on christmas and all you got was a tape of someone taking a shit on your real gifts. The fact you got a video instead of actual shit was a nice gesture but the content is still..shit.
    What keeps you playing if you dont mind me asking? Friends or something? I just ask because it seems you are very clearly unhappy with the state of the game so im not sure why you would keep paying for or playing something you don't really seem to enjoy.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Deader2818 View Post
    What keeps you playing if you dont mind me asking? Friends or something? I just ask because it seems you are very clearly unhappy with the state of the game so im not sure why you would keep paying for or playing something you don't really seem to enjoy.
    I don't mind it. I enjoy some things since just like with XI, I do enjoy the storyline to the game. But at the same time, I just can't see what others are seeing in it that makes them proclaim this is the best MMO to come out and HW was the best expansion. The live letter today just made it seem like they're either REALLY confident in 3.1+ or they really are only catering to the people who don't care about progression.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I don't mind it. I enjoy some things since just like with XI, I do enjoy the storyline to the game. But at the same time, I just can't see what others are seeing in it that makes them proclaim this is the best MMO to come out and HW was the best expansion. The live letter today just made it seem like they're either REALLY confident in 3.1+ or they really are only catering to the people who don't care about progression.
    Because what matters to you the most doesn't matter to others the most. It is what it is. Simple answer to a simple statement, and no, this doesn't mean what matters to you doesn't matter. It does, just not as much to some as it does to you.

I still feel like this is the best Xpac I've played, because it hits what matters most to me better than others have. My second best would be WotLK, and my third would be RotZ. Story > music > zone design > dungeons/raids > combat feel, in that order. Plenty of shit I'm pissed about, like shield goddamn swipe not being off the goddamn GCD and being goddamn USELESS as a result, general bloat of abilities that could easily be merged, a lack of talents that should have assisted in cleaning up jobs (we never got one goddamn trait on any level-up: bogus), coralling everyone into endless moogle sidequests for crap XP and then into easily exploitable hunt mobs for drip-fed early progression... all of that frustrates me, but none of that takes away from the insane moments of fangasm I've felt throughout my time with the Xpac.

Page 64 was in the goddamn library dungeon. I'll never hate this game or this Xpac because of that. It hits the parts that matter to me. That's enough for me.

What circles do you have to hang in for people to consider this the best MMO they've played?

I know what kind of people you have to hang out with to have them proclaim anything that just came out 2 weeks ago the best anything, especially considering MMOs can change.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It's certainly the best MMO I've ever played. The things you guys are arguing about the last couple pages and especially since the live letter don't bother me (mostly).

That doesn't mean your arguments or concerns are invalid since you enjoy different aspects than I do, but I'm happy with the game and overjoyed with the expansion.

The game does have some long-term concerns though, which have been outlined previously.

What makes this such a great mmo is highlighted by the moogle quests.

Other games, I find myself not caring about quests and the constant fetching is aggravating.

Every quest in every mmo is that way, including this one. It's just with the moogle quest you actually notice it and you notice it hard.

How many other games have side characters people know the names of? None. How many moogles do we remember the names of? None.

As much as those quests sucked, they are a good example of why the rest of this game is so good.

Quote Originally Posted by lilbubbles View Post
    What makes this such a great mmo is highlighted by the moogle quests.

Other games, I find myself not caring about quests and the constant fetching is aggravating.

Every quest in every mmo is that way, including this one. It's just with the moogle quest you actually notice it and you notice it hard.

How many other games have side characters people know the names of? None. How many moogles do we remember the names of? None.

As much as those quests sucked, they are a good example of why the rest of this game is so good.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Shot in the dark, but I think he's saying the moogle quest is an example of bad sidequests and that's an isolated issue. Of course this implies the rest of the quests were well-made.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    What circles do you have to hang in for people to consider this the best MMO they've played?

I know what kind of people you have to hang out with to have them proclaim anything that just came out 2 weeks ago the best anything, especially considering MMOs can change.
    My own? Is that an honest question? Lol.

"How can you not feel the same way I do about a thing?! Who do you have to hang out with to not feel the same way I do about a thing?!"

And its MMO expansion, not MMO. You may not be able to tell the difference there, but there is one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    My own? Is that an honest question? Lol.
    For you? No. But you wanna answer don't you?

Seriously, I would've thought you have played enough MMOs to know better even just from a gameplay standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    And its MMO expansion, not MMO. You may not be able to tell the difference there, but there is one.
    I don't have a response sarcastic enough for this.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Whole thread (well BG in general) is full of people who take the game way too seriously. But I know that and that's why I come here. People can tell me to get out for enjoying casual/fanservice aspects of the game all they want, that's what I expect when I post here, because BG is a place where raid content and gameplay mechanics are put first (also I love the abuse or something). If I wanted to talk to people who are in love with casual content and have no criticisms of the game whatsoever I'd go live on OF (but then my brain would implode from stupid).

The criticisms do get a bit heavy here - not that they're not legitimate, of course, but the trend leans heavily toward criticizing SE for focusing more on developing casual content like housing/sidequests/glamour and less on serious things that need to be addressed about the core of the gameplay. It does sometimes feel like many posters here don't enjoy the game as a whole AT ALL and completely dismiss anything that isn't "hardcore content", but again that's kind of expected here. There are different things that cause someone to have fun playing a MMO. For me, I'm having fun if I'm working towards a goal, no matter how causal or hardcore the content might be. For others, the easier it is the more boring it is.

I'm not surprised anymore if someone here says this is the worst MMO, and I'm not surprised if someone says it's the best. It's beautiful and flawed and needs a lot of work from a company that has historically been terrible at being in touch with its playerbase. But I knew that coming in and you probably did too. Yes I think the story is great. Yes I think the story has holes in it. Yes I think it's awesome the NPCs are memorable. Yes I wonder why anyone cares about Miqote butt sliders. You can go around and around with this stuff and it'll be different for everyone but the point is SE made a game and we're all playing it and maybe some of us will even enjoy it, no matter what aspect of it we enjoy and what aspect we come here to complain about.

Complaining is cathartic, but some people do apparently make a living out of it while others feel like their thoughts have been justified so they're going crazy and such. Most of the complaints are pants on head but it's easy to see what is legitimate and needs to be changed. The whole process is very entertaining to read.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I do enjoy the game at it's core level, but I'm one of those people who do complain as well. I do so because I want to continue playing this game for a long time like I did with their previous MMO, but I honestly can't if they think they can hold me over by giving me pretty shiney things. There's just a lot of aspects of this game that seems so ignored (like the cross class system) but could make the game so much better if they took the time to make something special out of it.

It just really seems like they have no plans for the future and that's what bothers me the most.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    -snip-
    My concern is after 13 years of XI, 3 years of XIV 1.X, I know SE could do so much better and be so much more creative in some areas that some people love to cite "PS3 limitations, once they drop the PS3 XIV will get a hell of a lot better!"

Honestly, I was disappointed with HW for the sole purpose it didn't feel like they expanded the game. Yes there's more story and more areas, but 3.0 really brought nothing but a new found hate for Moogles for some people. I liked it as a patch, but I just can't see what others are seeing in it to state it's one of the best expansions ever. This is why I always look toward .1/.2/.3 etc updates to see if they do something else, like..yeah this is the first expansion, but by all rights, 13 years of a prior MMO (I compared credits, it's essentially 90% the same team) and 5 total years of XIV, I expected so much more. Hell..even TERA's expansion blew me away and that didn't do a whole lot..yet it felt like an expansion.

So I honestly only take the game seriously because I know that they can do a lot more. Shit, I dislike the route Yoshi has taken only because I played DQX for quite awhile so I KNOW he can do more, but the FF fan base, in particular the NA FF fanbase, you definitely want to be careful with.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I actually really enjoyed the leveling as a whole other then the fucking MOOGLES.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Three places that sucked the life out of leveling.

1) Mithra huntress partner sidequests in Forelands. That was us being warned of what was to come.
    2) MOOGLES. Make it shtap, please. I don't wanna re-re-re-re-find him anymore.
    3) Goblins in Hinterlands. If I have to ride back to time one more goddamn time...!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I think their biggest problem is trying to much to have everything balanced i mean its all well and good but its something they will have to be consiously aware of when designing stuff and it seems to me that it kills a fair bit of creativity.

While i'm loath to use it as an example but in XI just because something was underpowered and generally seen as lolworthy(pup/drg) people still played it because they liked that style and is that really such a bad thing to have? I'd personally rather have something fun and that i enjoy even if its underpowered than something thats just a carbon copy of another 3 jobs but with a different skin/name variety is the spice of life after all, have/can they do more diverse content? XI says sure they can but only if they lose the intent focus on having everything balanced and neat and tidy, i'm not saying completely forget about balancing stuff but just stop with whole everything the same but different skin thing.

I still do enjoy the game, even as a flithy casual and part of that for me i think is i don't really get hung up on all the min-maxing/raid or gtfo mentality anymore, i still probably put in more effort than most(that frequent the OF but then again thats not saying much) but i stop when it stops being fun but thats just my 2p worth.

Tl;dr: Slow the barance train down, stop with everything being the same but with different names.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Yall are gonna rue the day when the introduce puppet master. We need a melee pet job anyway

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Melee pet, Ranged pet, Melee magical (Sorcerer/Rdm/enspell bastard).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast