1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 53 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 6 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 1 hours, 53 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 8 hours, 6 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 79 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ezreal Nightrage
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Luckily they buffed tank enmity Our MT is very happy he can go back to PLD this patch.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quick help...

A8

First bit is fine, the rematch with the A2 robos is fine, but after merging, can I confirm if my notes are correct? (I didn't look up the fight, no one is able to give me a 3 line explanation or a 1 minute youtube video):

Stack on ass except main tank
    Off tank runs in to main tank to soak double rocket punch
    Everyone stacks on arrow like Void Ark last boss

During the crazy phase where the 4 robos are untargetable, I presume just run around like mad?
    How to avoid Brawler's laser? It appears to point at me but I couldn't be sure, or does it just face a random direction and fire?

After this, I guess the fight loops back and it's rinse and repeat? Someone said "that's pretty much the fight" but didn't confirm exactly.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I dropped my AoE in A8 on the edge, stacked with the party for the brawler laser, moved out for the Main body part cannon, then back to dpsing/dodge/stack for the rest of the fight.

I don't know if the moving robots actually hurt if they cross on you, kept trying to get hit by one but they are too fast/miss.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

Robots don't do contact damage, that was the first thing I tested when I got to that phase. I'd rather kill us all early and know for next time than not know and get winged later on.

Is Double Rocket Fist splittable? I was just saving cooldowns for it. Didn't seem too bad otherwise.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeh I ate 26k, no cool downs initially as WAR.

Second time I got my co-tank to jump in with me following some advice and we both ate 13~k:: to ensure I clear tonight, please can I confirm if my notes are correct?

Stack on ass except main tank
    Off tank runs in to main tank to soak double rocket punch
    Everyone stacks on arrow like Void Ark last boss
    Then the fight loops after the robot run around phase?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Pretty much. Make sure to spread out when it uses super jump and (I assume) stay out of center whenever it does J-Kick (after the final forms initial jump) since it DOES seem to do less damage further away you are, but..I'm MCH so I'm usually already a little off center to begin with.

So for what you're specifically talking about:

Stack on Ass
    Dodge left/right (however your party sets it up)
    Stack back on ass for the soak
    Spread for super jump (more people hit adds a stun/paralysis debuff and does more damage)
    Get behind for Apocalyptic Ray/Hyperbeam.

Yeah the robots don't do contact damage, but you just have to remember pretty quickly all of their specific mechanics.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Thanks thanks.

To further clarify, as I only got 2 attempts at it before we vote abandoned:

Super Jump ... I guess that's when he jumps up and becomes untargettable? At this point, he either lands a specific member (like Void ark Echnida, with arrow), or we just need to spread as he will land at the same spot? I don't recall seeing it that's why I wanted to reclarify. I'm guessing Super Jump is a variation of the Echnida jump.

Apocalyptic Ray/Hyperbeam = the same move? I noticed a move specifically where it seems to be laser or flame thrower like, and he faces a static direction during channeling it. I know I can get to the side/behind it to avoid. Or is this 2 different moves?

(fight happens so quick; can't view videos as I'm in an open office at work so everyone can see my screen lol)

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Warren Castille
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Cenarion Circle

The normal jump is when he turns and faces someone for a period of time before leaping up and crashing on them. It's not too bad UNLESS it hits extra people, because then it stuns everybody it hits after the initial target.

J Kick is where he flies off the screen and then crashes down in center a few moments later. I accidentally took it on the chin at about 1/4 the distance from center to the wall and I think it did about 7k (I thought it was transitioning).

Apocalyptic Ray is the bullet-spam one where he turns and just sprays (it's basically the Cuchalain mechanic with the vomit) and Hyperbeam is the same giant shot from Phase 1. Flamethrower is just a conal shot you can't do anything about.

As a reminder, Blaster will ALWAYS use the double-arm beam when everyone's using their signature attacks in the final phase, so stacking is what you want to do. I kept panicking and almost fucking it up.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Super Jump is a cast skill so you'll see him casting it, so you want to spread out when you start seeing it, the one where he jumps and is untargetable is the "J-Kick" which you want to get out of middle for.

Apocalyptic Ray looks like this:

So it's one of the attacks he turns around for and shoots behind him (usually) that will add vulnerability stacks for every hit you take. So yeah both basically one in the same, just get behind/to the side of both.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Lovely thanks! All there is left is just giving it a shot now more.