1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 38 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 21 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 11 hours, 38 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 22 hours, 21 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Detzu View Post
    TK isn't really something you wanna spam. The loss of GL3 makes mnk lose more dps than anything a drg could experience.
    That's his point. If TK took a single GL stack or a chunk of your timer instead like Geirskogul takes a chunk of your Dragon Install it would see a lot more use. It's extra baffling considering TK has a 60s cooldown as if you would use it at any opportunity when in any real scenario the fact that you have to use it is simply because the encounter shat on you.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ryunokage Argantes
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Khadgar

Quote Originally Posted by Adajer View Post
    Fucking copy paste wow battlegrounds PLEASE

WSG, AB, fuck AV, but AV, EotS

GIVE ME!!
    While you're at it: Proving Grounds.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Detzu View Post
    TK isn't really something you wanna spam. The loss of GL3 makes mnk lose more dps than anything a drg could experience.
    That's what I mean though. Could have made GL longer and TK instead take seconds off of it. We already have homogenization among other jobs.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    So you guys are happy with some extra mechanics + being able to dye normal mode gear endgame? You guys are the perfect customers.
    I really don't care about savage mode but I think that they should've put some sort of effort to go beyond all that rehashed shit for you hardcore raiders.
    Plus higher difficulty, plus higher ilvl. But yes, focus on the bare minimum to complain.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cage Rancor
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So you guys are happy with some extra mechanics + being able to dye normal mode gear endgame? You guys are the perfect customers.
    I really don't care about savage mode but I think that they should've put some sort of effort to go beyond all that rehashed shit for you hardcore raiders.
    No it's fucking awful. Their "endgame" design is awful and it's probably going to keep getting worse.

Token system is smart in concept, but they even fuck that up for themselves. They put tokens on EX primals so after you do 10 times there's literally no other reason to do the fight lol.

Same flaws with Alexander, token system will allow players to gear up faster and then more quickly invalidate their only hard content in the game. Them what? We go back to Gold Saucer?

I think the concept of story mode raid is great. Let all your players have access to the story, cool. I am, however, very underwhelmed by this raid in general. Story is very uncompelling compared to BCoB as I expected, but after blasting through normal mode 1 shot I'm not even excited for Savage. Coupled with the lack of unique rewards for the challenge, it's like a slap in the face to hardcore raiders.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Plus higher difficulty, plus higher ilvl. But yes, focus on the bare minimum to complain.
    Let's be real though - Unless the alliance content coming in 3.1 is designed for ilvl180+ and difficulty to match it the higher ilvl means jack shit unless the gear has ..oh idk..Store TP or Heal Potency or some other kind of stats on them to truly make them worthwhile. So while there will be more mechanics with 1 guaranteed drop and token, is it truly worth the extra work and actual difficulty to only get the same exact gear with a few more stats and the ability to dye it..?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Ramset View Post
    No it's fucking awful. Their "endgame" design is awful and it's probably going to keep getting worse.

Token system is smart in concept, but they even fuck that up for themselves. They put tokens on EX primals so after you do 10 times there's literally no other reason to do the fight lol.

Same flaws with Alexander, token system will allow players to gear up faster and then more quickly invalidate their only hard content in the game. Them what? We go back to Gold Saucer?
    Don't most of your points assume the player is only gearing one job? Most people I know had most jobs leveled to 50. Now that the expansion is out, these people eventually want to bring most, if not all, of those jobs to 60, along with some of the new jobs.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Being able to level multiple jobs does not mean you can gear them all. For progression you only have one, two if it shares some gear (PLD/DRK/WAR, WHM/SCH/AST, BLM/SMN, BRD/MCH). You don't get into 2-4 "jobs" until you're on farm a month down the line. Unless you count being geared in poverty gear (Law atm) as being "geared".

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Being able to level multiple jobs does not mean you can gear them all. For progression you only have one, two if it shares some gear (PLD/DRK/WAR, WHM/SCH/AST, BLM/SMN, BRD/MCH). You don't get into 2-4 "jobs" until you're on farm a month down the line. Unless you count being geared in poverty gear (Law atm) as being "geared".
    The post to which I was replying was saying the token system in EX primals and Alex will essentially give the content shorter shelf life. That assumes a player only wants to gear one job. With the bolded statement above, you are proving my point that the content has more shelf life than just that, at least a month or several more past the initial progression. At which point new content comes out anyway, but that is the way this game has always been. A particular piece of content is only relevant (i.e., "bleeding edge") for max 5-6 months anyway.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Mahoro View Post
    The post to which I was replying was saying the token system in EX primals and Alex will essentially give the content shorter shelf life. That assumes a player only wants to gear one job. With the bolded statement above, you are proving my point that the content has more shelf life than just that, at least a month or several more past the initial progression. At which point new content comes out anyway, but that is the way this game has always been. A particular piece of content is only relevant (i.e., "bleeding edge") for max 5-6 months anyway.
    Which I actually enjoy... There is only so many times you can camp Fafnir, kill Byakko, kill Cerebus before its just becomes mundane.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cage Rancor
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Sure, people want to gear additional jobs because the armory system affords is that luxury. However, doing the same content to get gear for another job we don't play as much to do the same content is NOT more endgame. There's nothing else to do with your alt jobs once you're gearing them other than shit you've already farmed into the floor on your main.

I'm not pushing for XI NMs here so please don't use that as an example, Kaslo. The relevance of content is shit though. There's 5-6 months between new high end raid content which then becomes a joke after a month.

Also, because of the nature of the games design (forcing you into statics; still mostly true), you probably barely get to play your alt job in anything meaningful anyway.

So just to reiterate. Gearing alt jobs by grinding the same content is not more endgame. It's just dragging out the content.

Now let me be clear by saying I enjoy gearing multiple jobs so I can play them when I want. A large majority of my fun in this game comes from playing with friends so I'll hop into primal farms and stuff when people need help. However, that's what endgame gets relegated to; farming shit endlessly waiting for something else to do.

This is looking to be even more ridiculous now that they're still releasing as backwards odd numbered patch progression. We get story mode Alex which is supposed to be between CT and Coil. Now we are getting Savage Alex which should be the hardest. THEN we are getting 24 man raid in 3.1 which should be easier than Alex normal (if they stick to their own comparisons). What the fuck is the point of that? It's a waste of time.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Yep the fucked up system is because of the Coil/CT screw up during 2.0's launch. They had Coil ready but not CT when CT was supposed to come first, so ever since then they just stuck with that since people said "it works."

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Ramset View Post
    snip
    I don't disagree with the majority of what you said, but the lack of diversity in FFXIV endgame has been apparent for a while, so it leads me to question what people expected differently from this expansion. To some people in 2.0, only Coil was really relevant. Everything else was inferior gear. For the hardest of the hardcore endgame raiders, you only had 4 fights every 6 months for much of 2.0, with the occasional dip into an extreme Primal but only to help you beat Coil. That doesn't appear to have changed much in 3.0. And if you don't want to stretch the content out and farm it for alt jobs, there isn't much for you once you cap out on gear for your main.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cage Rancor
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

That's always the retort when someone here complains about endgame: why do you even play? What do you expect?

Well, we all like the game which is why we play...and my expectations never wavered. I fully expected 3.0 to be 2.0 copy pasta, but because I enjoy the game I keep hoping something will change.

It's like they didn't even try with Alexander though. I bet the first question asked in the design kick-off meeting was: "How can we pigeon hole the next raid tier to be exactly like BCoB?"

"Great point! Well, we obviously need 3 iterations. We need a tour guide NPC, and a weekly lockout. Since people are complaining about the story being gated, we can make a Normal mode that's super easy but drops the same gear! For Savage we can just unlock the dye variable and increase ilvl and save so much effort!"

Now mind you, it's smart design and definitely saved them money...but come on. This formula can't last forever... The player base skill level is believe is increasing slowly. Alex Normal is being cleared pretty consistently and I haven't seen too many complaints about its difficulty. This is an expansion, it's time to diversify and evolve the experience, Yoshi P.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Given that the norm for mmos that have a higher tier of a raid that is currently available to just rehash everything, put better stats and provide a greater challenge than what the normal version of the raid was, yeah I guess.

If you're just going to nitpick and only see that the shit model gear that they have for this content is dyable and you ignore that they will have higher/better stats, then I guess I see your point but being that this gear will actually be better and probably have a decent challenge to obtain I'm perfectly content with that.

It's content I can do with my group on the days we have set, and in between those days I resume my crafting, gathering and mass profiting from the fools that buy their way to Lv.60 through leves.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Mahoro View Post
    I don't disagree with the majority of what you said, but the lack of diversity in FFXIV endgame has been apparent for a while, so it leads me to question what people expected differently from this expansion.
    I believe the general consensus is for things to be better.

As for me, I'm bouncing between gw2 and ffxiv, though as a whole I prefer XIV because the storytelling is better, and grinding is more "mindless" (as in I don't need to pay attention in XIV, literally. I got 52 PLD last night and I didn't even notice until I was 125k EXP into my level), and I prefer mindless grinding because I can watch youtube and read forums. Frankly, I switch between both games to stop myself from quitting XIV entirely. With how long it takes getting from 50 to 60 (which admittedly isn't very long, but the lack of variety in the grind is more painful than the length of it), and how poorly developed the endgame is, I just can't see myself sticking with this game for years if they're content on rehashing the same thing over and over again. This game is basically becoming like TOR where you just play for the story then turn off your sub and wait for the next expansion.

The main reason why I stay is sadly enough for BG's theorycrafting. Optimizing battles and figuring out how to push jobs to their limits is a favorite hobby of mine. Also, now with undersized parties in place I can do personal challenge runs like lowmanning 8-man dungeons, which is something I've wanted from the very beginning.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

You'd be surprised. This game caters to people who enjoy standing around and showing off their gear & glamour. What more incentive does one need other than standing about in their Bright Pink Alexander gear with a sense of "haha, you plebs will never look as boss as I" for a couple of months.

I'm also willing to believe that Savage Alex will grant like 220 or even 230 gear. It's gonna be significant, and people will "holy shit" over it's iLvl compared to i190 NQ.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I'd be pleasantly surprised if it was 220+ but I have long since speculated that Esoterics will be 190 -> 200, and Savage will be 200 with 205 weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    What more incentive does one need other than standing about in their Bright Pink Alexander gear with a sense of "haha, you plebs will never look as boss as I" for a couple of months.
    Sounds like all MMOs to me.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Yeah Alex hard will probably just be i200.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast