1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 41 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 18 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 hours, 41 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 8 hours, 18 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I really wish they would have a difference between savage gear and the tomestone gear even if it's 10 ilvls. Having gear from the hardest endgame content be useless on release because the non-upgraded tomestone gear (or crafted gear) is better just seems silly to me.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    I really wish they would have a difference between savage gear and the tomestone gear even if it's 10 ilvls. Having gear from the hardest endgame content be useless on release because the non-upgraded tomestone gear (or crafted gear) is better just seems silly to me.
    Did people constantly complain about Myth gear being equivalent to BCoB gear?

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Did people constantly complain about Myth gear being equivalent to BCoB gear?
    Anyone with a good head on their shoulders did, yeah

In black mage's case the gear was worse... i90 wand without a shield to go with it D:

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

They said they wanted to leave that whole rush to craft top tier gear and overmeld it as part of the race to world's first. I don't see that being a thing if the gap between Alex normal and savage gear is only 10 item levels, especially when they've explicitly stated that a buffer of at least 10% DPS is built in to the fights' tuning.

I'm guessing savage gear is 210 (215 weapon) with meldable gear at 180 and pushing slightly past 190 for effective DPS performance with perfect melds on HQ. That would leave space for Esoterics as IL 200 upgraded to 210. This would go along with their previous assertions that the level range within each max IL push would be wider than before with more steps on the ladder. Since there is no time lockout on acquiring it, I think it's safe to draw the parallel between IL180 in 3.0 and IL70 from 2.0. With that, 210 max would give us a 30 item level endgame range instead of the previous 20 and the IL190 from normal Alexander is the new step on the ladder that has no 2.X counterpart.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So what would that put the 24-man gear at? i200?

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

200 and the upgrade items for Esoterics will come from it would be my best guess. Similar to what we had with Poetics and Demon gear.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

i200, no upgarde item at release. CT tier raid provides a catalsyst to HQ the Esoteric gear to make it i210, Savage being i220.

Savage i185 entry requirement.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    Unless they're actually using the DF for entry, there can be no iLv entry requirement. Now that I say that, I don't actually know why they didn't put coil in the DF immediately, and just put that "can only enter with a full party" limitation on it, so maybe they will use the DF this time around.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cage Rancor
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Hang on..... so they're going to release CT gear with higher ilvl than Alex normal, but the content is easier? lol.

I understand it's going to be later down the line...but really? Makes no sense.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ramset View Post
    Hang on..... so they're going to release CT gear with higher ilvl than Alex normal, but the content is easier? lol.

It's all speculation. We know nothing of the new 24-man raid.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

You're already going to likely be getting gear from Esoterics that will be higher ilvl than Alex normal, why complain about a casual raid being higher than normal when there is content that is even more casual that will be ahead of it?

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

i200, no upgarde item at release. CT tier raid provides a catalsyst to HQ the Esoteric gear to make it i210, Savage being i220.

IMO:

"AF2" = i155
    Crafted Meldable Items = i180
    New Dungeon = i190
    "CT" = i195 or i200, drop item for Esoteric accessory upgrade
    Esoterics = i200 upgradeable to i210
    Savage = i220 or i230 & drop all Esoteric upgrades

Savage Alex i182 requirement.
    CT i155 requirement.

Just basing this on previous trends and previous interviews. They are making i180 a baseline minimum of an item level to have to attempt or be good at all of the current content. Craftables will be i180 and will very likely be better than any i210 they add. CT is going to be a tick better than Alex (as it will continue to be an easy access 24-man raid system that's weekly gated). Alex Normal is just for storyline, so it will forever take a backseat to everything else.

As for new relic, I can easily see it starting at i180, and being upgradeable to at least i220 for 3.1. Savage gear is going to be pretty significant from everything else, if Yoshi-P is to be believed.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cage Rancor
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    It's all speculation. We know nothing of the new 24-man raid.
    I know. My response was intended to mock the idiocy that is Square Enix "endgame" design choices.

You're already going to likely be getting gear from Esoterics that will be higher ilvl than Alex normal, why complain about a casual raid being higher than normal when there is content that is even more casual that will be ahead of it?
    Because I pay a subscription to this game and I feel entitled to an opinion about content.

It makes no sense for them to release content easier than Alex Normal at this point. Most of the premise behind the Casual Tower was a way for casuals to catch up on gear and try to bridge the difficult gap. The upgrade items weren't added until later in content life cycle when it just made sense to add incentive for good players to actually do that piece of shit content.

Now that casual players are able to clear Alex Normal which is supposed to be harder than Casual Tower... what is the purpose of Casual Tower? They spend so much time developing these 24 man raids that are literally so easy that it becomes a weekly faceroll that half the players don't pay attention to. If I was Square Enix I would be ashamed. They work so hard and spend so much time on this shit..and it's so easy everyone thinks it's a joke. It provides no challenge except to the mentally handicapped.

The game needs to slowly increase difficulty and add more midcore content. Casual Tower is pointless.

3.1 Content should be on par with or slightly more difficult than Alex Normal, but not as hard as Savage. Alex Normal should be the new baseline of "casual" content.

3.1 should drop gear that's same ilvl as esoterics (before upgrade), and should also be upgradeable by some means just like esoterics. This will provide THREE max ilvl gearsets, provide a midcore challenge, give people more options, have more meaningful content... I dunno, this is just turning into a barely coherent rant, but how does this not make sense to anyone? To Yoshi P?

Game makes no sense. There's barely any in-between. Players should be insulted that Casual Tower even exists.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    IMO:

"AF2" = i155

Savage Alex i182 requirement.
    AF2 isn't going to be i155 or it would've been released four weeks ago, and full party content doesn't have ilevel requirements

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    AF2 isn't going to be i155 or it would've been released four weeks ago, and full party content doesn't have ilevel requirements
    If AF2 isn't just Esoterics, i155 isn't out of the question. Just make it Centurio Seal glamourshit.

trololol

AF3 is almost surely going to be the Esoterics armor.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I know. My response was intended to mock the idiocy that is Square Enix "endgame" design choices.

It makes no sense for them to release content easier than Alex Normal at this point.

The game needs to slowly increase difficulty and add more midcore content. Casual Tower is pointless.

Game makes no sense. There's barely any in-between. Players should be insulted that Casual Tower even exists.
    Respectfully, I seriously disagree with you here.

Mandatory: "Do you even DF?", being casual (this "responsible adult" thing is highly overrated) these days with no time for statics etc. I am mostly stuck in the DF to get anything done, and the horrors I met there, while being anecdotal evidence, convince me that large amounts of the game population have one or more learning disabilities.

They do need to add more "Hardcore" content with high rewards for the people who have the time for it, but with some of the stuff I've seen in Alex normal this last week, A large amount of players(edit: me included) should probably be grateful "Casual Tower" exists. Alexander mechanics weren't too bad, after the first 1-2 attempts you realised how things worked, but that's 7 other people who need to do the same (or at least understand/follow the explanations you give them), and that seems to be very rough in the DF.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    You think so? I think it's going to be glamour tier items. i160 or 165 at best, i155 at lowest.

The fact that they haven't released it yet just means they are (or were) still debating what item level to set it to. The armor itself has had it's designs complete just over a year now.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    You think so? I think it's going to be glamour tier items. i160 or 165 at best, i155 at lowest.

The fact that they haven't released it yet just means they are (or were) still debating what item level to set it to. The armor itself has had it's designs complete just over a year now.
    I see it the other way: With the original AF, they had to add a recoloured version (mythic) so that the iconic armors stayed relevant for the game, specially at a moment when glamour didn't exist. Now, glamour is here and very popular, but you promote your game much better if some of the most powerful armors around have the iconic FF looks associated with the jobs (well, save from SCH's ultra-strange victorianesque look).