1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 56 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 8 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 1 hours, 56 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    ♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Yea, the new mudras feels so good, just need to get used to them being so fast now.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I learned it instantly lol.

I treat it exactly like how I treated it before the change, like buffering an attack in a fighting game. If you know what I mean, you'll be perfectly fine. XD

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Back to NIN again, since mudra lag has been reduced dramatically. Still not thrilled about the positionals as I never had to deal with them in 2.X.

I've been looking at the new abilities, and I'm trying to understand why Duality is best with Aeolian instead of Dream.

Duality reads: "Doubles the number of non-critical strikes for a single-target weaponskill. Combo bonuses and additional effects will only be applied once."

Wouldn't that make Aeolian 320+100 (420), vs. Dream as 100 * 6 (600)? Crits would need to knock off two hits of Dream for it to drop below Aeolian in that case.

Do Duality and Dream not work together?

What am I missing?

Dream isn't a weapon skill.

And used with Aeolian it's 320+320, the "combo bonuses" not applied twice refers to additional effects (DE debuff, Shadow Fang, AC's Huton extension).

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Ah, okay.

Poor wording on Duality IMO, but not entirely unexpected.

Thanks.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Clash Perez View Post
    Ah, okay.

Poor wording on Duality IMO, but not entirely unexpected.

Thanks.
    It's not really poor wording if you read it literally. "Combo bonuses and additional effects will only be applied once." Combo Potency and Combo Bonus are listed separately. You can get the Combo Potency applied twice if you're using it right, but you can't, say, get +60s on Huton. And you can't get the Additional Effect of Mutilate to apply twice, either.

Which is kind of stupid imo.

The only situation where having the combo bonus applied twice would accomplish anything would be the double Huton extension from AC (any other effects would just immediately overwrite themselves).

And in the case of AC, getting that double extension really isn't a big deal. If anything it would have just compensated you a bit for when you use it with AC instead of Aeolian.

Quote Originally Posted by Clash Perez View Post
    . Still not thrilled about the positionals
    Do you play DRG/MNK?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by AlastorTGN View Post
    Do you play DRG/MNK?
    Nope! I tanked and healed for the time I played up until Ninja was released because of how frustrating positionals are in random dungeons with shitty tanks, and the frequency with which mobs turn around to cast shit on party members seemingly every time I line up for a positional attack. In 3.0, I went to SMN as my DPS because the combination of mudra lag and new positionals made Ninja less appealing. The 2-for-1 with SCH was too nice to pass up.

Now that mudra lag has been reduced so significantly, I'm giving Ninja another shot. Still annoying as fuck when tanks keep a mob's back against the wall, or run in circles.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Then be thrilled. Our positionals are nowhere near as constant as mnk, and drg has a random one.

The thing with NIN positionals is, unlike MNK and DRG, whether or not you can land them changes what WS you use.

If you're a MNK or DRG, whether or not you can make the positional never changes what WS you're doing next, if you can't get to the rear for Chaos Thrust or the flank for Snap Punch doesn't matter, you'll still be using Chaos Thrust or Snap Punch if it's the next WS in your rotation.

For NIN, if you can't get to the rear for Aeolian or the flank for AC then you use DE instead because missing either positional is less potency than a DE for no additional benefit.*

*except for the Huton extension from AC obviously, but ideally you have enough Huton duration to still get another 3 hit combo in before it falls off for exactly this reason

NIN may not have as many positionals, but NIN's rotation will actually change if you're in a situation where you can't land them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4