• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Had nothing but issues upgrading. Soon as i upgraded my graphics card was no longer working and I had to use the onboard card to see anything.

Apparently this is a known issue with Nvidia cards. I even managed to find the driver that was suppose to fix it but I couldnt even get it installed as it kept failing every time i tried to install it.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I ended up reverting back to W7 because my wifi connection kept stopping sending/receiving data for brief intervals making anything that needs a stable connection unusable (ie games, FF14 kept throwing me 90k errors every 5~ minutes), I'd wait a couple weeks for drivers to mature before upgrading your main machine, otherwise I didn't see anything that could make me not want to upgrade.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Just upgraded on my desktop, totally painless. Required one extra reboot at the end to fix the resolution on my 4k screen, and that was it. Everything seems in working order

jponry
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

You guys doing upgrades are crazy. I would try and get a clean install if possible. I've been running W10 on my gaming rig since Feb with no problems (nvidia 960 and now 970).

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

A clean install is possible after you've upgraded, from what I read. You just need an internet connection and it'll automatically reactivate.

Also apparently most Daz loader copies will be genuine, which I find hilarious.

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Nep View Post
    A clean install is possible after you've upgraded, from what I read. You just need an internet connection and it'll automatically reactivate.

Also apparently most Daz loader copies will be genuine, which I find hilarious.
    My Daz box let me reserve the upgrade, but I haven't gotten the notification that it's ready yet.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Likewise, but I only reserved this morning because I'd been lazy about windows update. You need KB3035583 and KB2952664 for Windows 7 for those of you who don't let windows update do whatever it wants. Keeping in mind you can always reserve it on any type of pirated copy, but it seems like only Daz copies are carrying over as genuine. I ended up having to run a script I found on the MS forums and manually download 3035583 to get my upgrade notification to even appear.

You can check if you'll pass and be genuine for 10 or not by opening IE and going to http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/validate/

You'll need to let it run it's plugin. I was able to check in Firefox after doing the process on IE.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Guinea pigged my laptop by just doing a straight upgrade. After I uninstalled the Nvidia drivers and did a fresh install of the W10 version. Had some issues with Playclaw preventing some games from launching (solved by getting the new version) and DS4windows is unable to hide the DS4 when emulating a Xbox controller.

Otherwise seems relatively painless and problem free.

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yeah like Nep said you can do a clean install w/o the ISO route by just resetting after upgrading.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Free license just went up on Dreamspark if you're a student.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

I haven't been given the go ahead by windows yet. Guessing im waiting on an email?

Dont think i will try it just yet anyway.

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Adajer View Post
    I haven't been given the go ahead by windows yet. Guessing im waiting on an email?

Dont think i will try it just yet anyway.
    I was registered as an insider but people who are not insiders are getting the update. I noticed this morning the windows 10 icon in the tray was gone. I ran an update and there was a 2.7 GB update waiting for me.

BG's most likeable Québécois

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nep View Post
    Likewise, but I only reserved this morning because I'd been lazy about windows update. You need KB3035583 and KB2952664 for Windows 7 for those of you who don't let windows update do whatever it wants. Keeping in mind you can always reserve it on any type of pirated copy, but it seems like only Daz copies are carrying over as genuine. I ended up having to run a script I found on the MS forums and manually download 3035583 to get my upgrade notification to even appear.

You can check if you'll pass and be genuine for 10 or not by opening IE and going to http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/validate/

You'll need to let it run it's plugin. I was able to check in Firefox after doing the process on IE.

I gave Daz and I don't pass as genuine, but I was able to reserve it lol

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Media creation tool to start your Windows 10 upgrade http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...n-tool-install

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Upgraded and looking to do a fresh install but can't get the tool to work for me. Not even sure how I'm screwing up. Did the upgrade. reverted back to Win7 Home. Won't let me do the wipe/renew

BG's most likeable Québécois

BG Level

Upgraded my VM from 7 to 10, and probably gonna snapsnot back to 7

The Optimistic Asshole

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Anyone know how to get your key? I've tried several ways online, like running a .vbs script, going through registry, etc. Nothing. Just want it if I have to restore.